WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Glad to be out of Singapore. The haze is so unhealthy I contracted cough and sinusitis, thankfully my single malt-honey recipe cured me in time for work.

That's rough . Get well soon or at least in time for Tuesday ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's a sport designed to watch on TV.
Considering it was created long before TV was invented that's highly unlikely...

All sport have benefited by TV and has allowed the sport to become more interesting as all the slow parts can be manipulated out.

I went to a basketball game and I was so bored it wasn't funny. Even ice hockey suffers from this issue. You have to be a real fan to suffer going to a live game.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

<snip>

I went to a basketball game and I was so bored it wasn't funny. Even ice hockey suffers from this issue. You have to be a real fan to suffer going to a live game.

Cricket...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I see the hype machine for tomorrow's MSFT announcement is cracking up.

At this point, all I care to see is price and availability. I hope they have units ready to purchase quickly after announcement. Still, if the overprice these, they're pretty much ****ed.

I wouldn't mind seeing them launch a mid range tomorrow along side those flagships. But hey, when you don't ask for much, you're never disappointed when you don't get what you want.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Considering it was created long before TV was invented that's highly unlikely...

All sport have benefited by TV and has allowed the sport to become more interesting as all the slow parts can be manipulated out.

I'm sure that games didn't have as many stoppages in the 19th or early 20th centuries as they do today.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. I see the hype machine for tomorrow's MSFT announcement is cracking up.

At this point, all I care to see is price and availability. I hope they have units ready to purchase quickly after announcement. Still, if the overprice these, they're pretty much ****ed.

I wouldn't mind seeing them launch a mid range tomorrow along side those flagships. But hey, when you don't ask for much, you're never disappointed when you don't get what you want.

They will have the low end 550 but no mid ranger..

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure that games didn't have as many stoppages in the 19th or early 20th centuries as they do today.

Back in those days, when people went to a game, they went for the game. These days, the whole thing is an "experience".

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Back in those days, when people went to a game, they went for the game. These days, the whole thing is an "experience".

To get bored? I have walked out of a football game in a brand spanking new stadium with center seats (each ticket in excess of $100) after the first 20 minutes or so...baseball is do able and so is basketball but I can't seem to catch onto watching football live. On TV I'll watch football and basketball but no baseball.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To get bored? I have walked out of a football game in a brand spanking new stadium with center seats (each ticket in excess of $100) after the first 20 minutes or so...baseball is do able and so is basketball but I can't seem to catch onto watching football live. On TV I'll watch football and basketball but no baseball.

To each his own. The thing that makes football tolerable on TV is the actual broadcasting. Still, I prefer live in person sports, especially if you've got company.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm mostly with you. They're all intolerable, but that's my opinion of course. I had centre court seats at a basketball game and even with the 'entertainment' every break it got boring. Baseball... snore.

To each his own. The thing that makes football tolerable on TV is the actual broadcasting. Still, I prefer live in person sports, especially if you've got company.

In nice weather maybe. Still, better things to do on a nice day.

Even though I'm not a sports person I think playing them is far more interesting than watching. Even then, it can be boring. LOL!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm mostly with you. They're all intolerable, but that's my opinion of course. I had centre court seats at a basketball game and even with the 'entertainment' every break it got boring. Baseball... snore.

In nice weather maybe. Still, better things to do on a nice day.

Even though I'm not a sports person I think playing them is far more interesting than watching. Even then, it can be boring. LOL!

I guess. I think for me, I was raised in a sporting environment that my love for sports allows me to enjoy both live viewing and TV broadcasts. Golf is one of the hardest sports to watch on TV. I think with anything it's better to play than to watch, but I still like live sports. Maybe the technical aspect or just the antics in the crowd are some of the most fun parts.

I don't think I'd go to a soccer match in Europe though. Those crowds are a bit too ethnocentric for my tastes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think the stoppages nowadays are for TV commercials.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
Very true. No idea what it was like in the past or when commercials became popular during games.

It's almost amusing when you're there live watching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077