WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Then they should have put in all the bands and sold it unlocked.

I mean why would the carriers say yes when MSFT is talking about circumventing them for update control? Of course AT&T'll say yes.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
I think Microsoft lacks the resources to do this. They canned the majority of the Nokia employees. When Nokia did warranty work, people got their phones fixed in a week. Now there are members here who have waited months for warranty repairs. If Microsoft can't provide timely warranty service now (even with carrier help), how could they handle ALL sales and support?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Is it just me or the real highlights from today were the Band 2 and the Surface upgrades? Boy, those Surface machines can make the Macbook look like a matchbook and the Air look airless...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think Microsoft lacks the resources to do this. They canned the majority of the Nokia employees. When Nokia did warranty work, people got their phones fixed in a week. Now there are members here who have waited months for warranty repairs. If Microsoft can't provide timely warranty service now (even with carrier help), how could they handle ALL sales and support?

Well, it sounds like by the time MSFT gets all its flagships North American compatible we maybe me onto iOS 20 and Android Zeta. That's a real shame.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So Laura tweeted this link:
Moto X Pure Edition: A second opinion | Android Central

And after I read it, I thought for a bit and said the 950 has the exact same hardware, RAM and battery size so I think I am going to be quite happy with battery life on the 950 with turbocharging, Qi charging and the USB C. For the money I think the MSFT devices are okay, could have knocked it out of the ballpark with $479 pricing but eh...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So Laura tweeted this link:
Moto X Pure Edition: A second opinion | Android Central

And after I read it, I thought for a bit and said the 950 has the exact same hardware, RAM and battery size so I think I am going to be quite happy with battery life on the 950 with turbocharging, Qi charging and the USB C. For the money I think the MSFT devices are okay, could have knocked it out of the ballpark with $479 pricing but eh...

They were better with pricing than I'd thought...but they still missed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Having had he time to digest the NSFT news, here's my take:

They crushed it with the Surface tablets. I'm digging the Band - except the price. And I like the phones. I think the 550 would be a real sleeper if the had chucked a S410 chip in there for $180. The flagships I think they missed on price and availability. Otherwise, I'm indifferent still. I'm not sure if these were worth the wait to bring me back to the platform as a daily driver. I aware reviews to change my mind.

Only thing I saw here today I'd buy is the Band 2...for the GF.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I hate to say this but I'm getting the Book with GPU...

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Having had he time to digest the NSFT news, here's my take:

They crushed it with the Surface tablets. I'm digging the Band - except the price. And I like the phones. I think the 550 would be a real sleeper if the had chucked a S410 chip in there for $180. The flagships I think they missed on price and availability. Otherwise, I'm indifferent still. I'm not sure if these were worth the wait to bring me back to the platform as a daily driver. I aware reviews to change my mind.

Only thing I saw here today I'd buy is the Band 2...for the GF.

I'll let you guys let me know how the new devices feel *cough* 99's 950 mini review *cough*. Otherwise, I'll pass. Glad there is some buzz on the platform though, and I do mean that.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I really want to see a real unbiased benchmark comparison between a 950XL, a 6S Plus, and a Nexus 6P.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon