WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

Morning everyone.. Working night shift tonight... Should've been able to sleep in a little today, but the GF in her infinite wisdom decided to schedule the dog groomer this morning at 8am.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning Ed. I'm stuck in a half day meeting offsite today morning.

I gave a tour to some rich young patients and have to talk to graduate level interns and externs (social work, psychology) in a little while. I should be excited walking into a room with a female pelvic model to do demos, but I'm kinda not in the mood to be excited about vaginas today...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Coloud Mini Review
Packaging - 8/10. Looks awesome but difficult to put the contents back in the package together.
Looks/Construction - 8.5/10 - They look amazing. The color, the material selection, the 3.5mm jack construction, the mic placement and construction are top notch. The idea of a metallic hinge that pulls down to engage the ear pieces with the over the head piece is pretty nifty.
Sound - 8.5/10 - The sound from these headphones is amazing. I tried out my HTC, Scosche, Apple and one other pair side by side with the Coloud and they beat every single other headphone over a variety of music genres.
Ergonomics - 0/10. The headpiece is too tight and consequently the ear pieces are also too tight on the ears. I got a splitting headache after about an hour with these headphones. My ears also ache after two days from the crushing force of the headset on the ears.

Consequently they had to go back. My search for good over the ear headphones continues...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

This is what I posted on G+ today. While I'm not being a Sony apologist, they have really done well updates wise with the entire Z series line.

"Sony Xperia, I give you credit for the level of software support you've provided for the Z line since its launch. While we can argue the speediness of your software updates, you've managed to update the whole line for the past two years.

I am a Z3 + Z3 Tablet Compact owner. I have also owned phones abandoned by carriers within 4 months of being on sale. While the original Z and Z1 series owners are miffed as to why they may not get marshmallow, there are similar flagship lines who will never see 5.1.1 lollipop, even though their hardware can run the update.

If it means you can redirect resources to better manage other product lines, I'm fine with ending the Z and Z1 series at 5.1.1, provided they still get any critical security updates.

I hope that you're able to still provide the same length of support to the newer Z series models, even if you don't have a great sales year next year and are forced to switch strategy (which may include curtailing your portfolio)."

Z1 is 2 years old anyway right?

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

the fact that reviewers and blogs are still talking about the msft event in a positive way, is a positive sign that msft is doing something right :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Nice tech article in the New Yorker, I usually read it for other stuff but this one caught my eye.
Satya Nadella and Microsoft?s Very Good Day - The New Yorker

Best quote from the keynote:
Panos Panay, asked. “What do you do? Do you double down? Do you bring the thunder? Or do you reinvent the category again? I’ll tell you what we chose.”
i hope OEMS catch on and make laptops like that of the surface laptop at more affordable prices i may add :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is getting hilarious in how people are throwing Moto under the bus because they aren't updating the 2013 X and the 2014 and 2015 Moto E.

Apparently, this is the first time any company ever drew a line in the sand and dropped phones they didn't want to update. I suppose Moto ade the effort over the past two years to go stock and tried updating their products quickly, but the truth of the matter is...

All sales compnaies try to pull on our emotions to keep their hands our pockets to buy their stuff. Apple does the same. The only difference is Moto's product isn't as "good" as Apple's right now.

Cry me a river. I should be more understanding...

But cry me a river.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This is getting hilarious in how people are throwing Moto under the bus because they aren't updating the 2013 X and the 2014 and 2015 Moto E.

Apparently, this is the first time any company ever drew a line in the sand and dropped phones they didn't want to update. I suppose Moto ade the effort over the past two years to go stock and tried updating their products quickly, but the truth of the matter is...

All sales compnaies try to pull on our emotions to keep their hands our pockets to buy their stuff. Apple does the same. The only difference is Moto's product isn't as "good" as Apple's right now.

Cry me a river. I should be more understanding...

But cry me a river.

Seems like you are having a ball with this :p but I agree with your statement

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm attending a Standford University online class about iOS development and I'm suffering from what sahib was complaining about in the not so distant past...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Moto X mod on G+ is getting mad that I'm calling him out that Moto isn't the only OEM leaving some users behind on updates...really? He needs to have been a WP user since the 6.5 days when MSFT said no to 7.0 on the HD2 officially up to now before he gets my respect in regard to understanding fully what it means to experience outrage at device abandonment...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Moto X mod on G+ is getting mad that I'm calling him out that Moto isn't the only OEM leaving some users behind on updates...really? He needs to have been a WP user since the 6.5 days when MSFT said no to 7.0 on the HD2 officially up to now before he gets my respect in regard to understanding fully what it means to experience outrage at device abandonment...

Yup, homeboy is mad now that I'm not letting him pour fire at Moto wildly. I won't try to correct him further, but I'm not a fan of moderators just being wild like that (that's why I don't visit all the sites here at Mobile Nations).

Lots of people buy smartphones, and read articles. Many of them don't really pay attention to what is happening beyond the surface. That's life...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss