WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

HIDs were the rage about 17 years ago. My Acura was one of the first cars that came with HID headlights as standard equipment.

I guess they are making a comeback o.o. my friend who works in o'reilly was telling that more people are buying HID's than a couple years ago. it made me wonder whats good about them

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

All right folks, I am off to bed.
See you all in a few hours....busy day tomorrow and then an early start on Monday to catch a 6AM flight...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I guess they are making a comeback o.o. my friend who works in o'reilly was telling that more people are buying HID's than a couple years ago. it made me wonder whats good about them
With HID lights(we usually call the xenon lights) visibility is apparently much better (didn't have a car with them yet) than with normal Halogen lights.
But considering LED vs Xenon the difference in visibility isn't that big. I remember Autobild.de doing a comparison couple years ago between LED, Xenon and Halogen on same car. The difference between LED and Xenon was minimal.
Why are LED more popular now? First you can do different designs with them. So this is one thing. Also, there is no changing light bulbs when you have LED.
But the most important difference are Matrix headlights. Basically you are driving all the time with long beam but when your can notices someone is approaching you from the other way it will turn off parts of the lights not to blind the driver of the other car. This is the thing Audi's had for some years(not all) but now you can get it in new Opel Astra.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Afternoon folks. Feeling indifferent about the material design for the Mobile Nations apps on Android.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm 1-4 in my fantasy football league and haven't won the office pool since mid September.

Looking forward to some better results today...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

With HID lights(we usually call the xenon lights) visibility is apparently much better (didn't have a car with them yet) than with normal Halogen lights.
But considering LED vs Xenon the difference in visibility isn't that big. I remember Autobild.de doing a comparison couple years ago between LED, Xenon and Halogen on same car. The difference between LED and Xenon was minimal.
Why are LED more popular now? First you can do different designs with them. So this is one thing. Also, there is no changing light bulbs when you have LED.
But the most important difference are Matrix headlights. Basically you are driving all the time with long beam but when your can notices someone is approaching you from the other way it will turn off parts of the lights not to blind the driver of the other car. This is the thing Audi's had for some years(not all) but now you can get it in new Opel Astra.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

That's helps a lot !!
Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm 1-4 in my fantasy football league and haven't won the office pool since mid September.

Maybe you should ask cortana ;) she's pretty Handy in picking out the winner lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No such luck so far. And if the projections hold up, another bad week with these...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Looks like Seahawks lost :/ bummer oh well

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

On the bright side I got to play futbol probably this month will be the last month that we play because of daylight savings

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Afternoon folks. Feeling indifferent about the material design for the Mobile Nations apps on Android.

I'm using the dark mode and haven't tried the light mode.

It looks OK, but the header is too big.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb