WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I wanted the day/month/year format, so I set my language to UK English. I have a "torch". "Aeroplane mode" looks and sounds funny.
uploadfromtaptalk1445405107243.jpg

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

All the financial and legal stuff is definitely not fun.

The legal stuff hasn't been an issue. The financial part was trying to find a lender as my resident status confused a lot of them. Took five tries.

Then the estate agent and the owner were difficult to deal with. We almost walked away because of it.

So you can see it wasn't exactly smooth.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Do you think punctuation is worse in the US or in the UK?

Not entirely sure.

I'll give you an example.

When I see signs with a plural form here it typically has an apostrophe. As in "kid's are welcome".

Then there's the tendency to use sat and stood instead of sitting and standing.

There's more of course but that's the easiest to remember.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The legal stuff hasn't been an issue. The financial part was trying to find a lender as my resident status confused a lot of them. Took five tries.

Then the estate agent and the owner were difficult to deal with. We almost walked away because of it.

So you can see it wasn't exactly smooth.

The house my mother bought was sold by the owner, so she had to hire a lawyer to handle the buying process. The lawyer was good. Otherwise, that would have been a really painful process.

Selling her old house was a big pain. She had a deal that fell through, because the potential buyer couldn't get financing. The people who did eventually buy her old house were pre-approved by their bank.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Not entirely sure.

I'll give you an example.

When I see signs with a plural form here it typically has an apostrophe. As in "kid's are welcome".

Then there's the tendency to use sat and stood instead of sitting and standing.

There's more of course but that's the easiest to remember.

"Eats, Shoots and Leaves"

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wanted the day/month/year format, so I set my language to UK English. I have a "torch". "Aeroplane mode" looks and sounds funny.
View attachment 114833

I've gotten used to that. LOL!

I never think about how it sounds anymore.

On a car it's bonnet for the hood and boot for the trunk.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The house my mother bought was sold by the owner, so she had to hire a lawyer to handle the buying process. The lawyer was good. Otherwise, that would have been a really painful process.

Selling her old house was a big pain. She had a deal that fell through, because the potential buyer couldn't get financing. The people who did eventually buy her old house were pre-approved by their bank.

Here in the UK you get mortgage in principle but that doesn't guarantee the mortgage just that you're capable of loaning that amount. So I was able to get a mortgage in principle without issue just the next stage kept failing.

Was frustrating to say the least.

Due to the bad experience we had with the estate agents we've dealt with we may consider selling our house ourselves in the future. They're worse than used car dealers. I think.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I do know the car terminology.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I need daylight savings time to kick in. It is very depressing leaving for work in darkness in the morning and returning home from work in darkness at night...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The Moto X 2015 is one of the most intriguing devices of this year. Honestly, if I was going to use only one device, it would be that one. I like the fact they added the IP57 rating. Only thing missing is Qi.

Still don't like the size, but if one has one phone only and no Tablet, then it's size is easier to swallow.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The Moto X 2015 is one of the most intriguing devices of this year. Honestly, if I was going to use only one device, it would be that one. I like the fact they added the IP57 rating. Only thing missing is Qi.

Still don't like the size, but if one has one phone only and no Tablet, then it's size is easier to swallow.

This is why I'm looking forward to the updates on the Moto maxx. It's for the right combo of features I like. Camera could be better though, but the have no other complaints.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. I need daylight savings time to kick in. It is very depressing leaving for work in darkness in the morning and returning home from work in darkness at night...

It's OK for me the way it is. As soon as DST ends, I will be returning home in darkness and no outside play time with the kid.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I liked the original Moto and wanted to try this one. Last year's version had terrible battery life and a terrible camera. This one supposedly has fixed those two issues.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

British expressions for car parts sound more natural for me, probably because of Top Gear and FIFTH GEAR.

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm incredibly mad at the moment. We have to much refugees at the moment and I hate what they are doing. Wasn't a fan of them coming in the first place but now I would just send them back to where they came from, ungrateful. They set the camp that was prepared for them to sleep on fire because they were apparently unhappy with something, who know with what considering their great skills in other languages... And now government will buy new tents for them, instead of spending this money for people living here who also have problems with money. Stupid is going on in Europe right now....

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett