WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The last picture reminded me of ring around the rosy . I dont know for sure but wasn't ring around the rosy a reference to a illness that killed people . o_O? Either way nice pictures :)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Dang party animal or what !? I haven't been to a party in a while :(
One of my girl friend's had party for 18th birthday ;) . And yesterday we have gone an hour away from home on a launch for grandfather's sister's 85th birthday :) And I had to drive back since I drank nothing. When I got home and sit in front of TV to watch F1 in Austin. I feel asleep in 5 minutes

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The last picture reminded me of ring around the rosy . I dont know for sure but wasn't ring around the rosy a reference to a illness that killed people . o_O? Either way nice pictures :)
You're sort of right. Though they're not entirely sure, ring around the rosy is thought to be a song about the plague our black death. The song describes the symptoms and the last bit about 'they all fall down' is the people dying with it.

What is interesting is that the plague still exists to even this day and people still get it. Even in the US.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not sure if that is what the sculpture is about. I don't think I got the name of it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll take 10 and put them on layaway and while I'm at it I'll take a mclaren p1, louts exige , Audi TT Rs , and a lambo veneno with a Nissan skyline r-34
How many of these have you actually seen on the road? Since I live in LA area, I have been lucky to see them tooling around on the roads here. I drove the TT last year during the Thanksgiving holiday.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

You're sort of right. Though they're not entirely sure, ring around the rosy is thought to be a song about the plague our black death. The song describes the symptoms and the last bit about 'they all fall down' is the people dying with it.

What is interesting is that the plague still exists to even this day and people still get it. Even in the US.
The song definitely describes pneumonic plague, which is much more virulent than bubonic plague.

Yersinia pestis is the bacterium that causes all forms of plague.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The song definitely describes pneumonic plague, which is much more virulent than bubonic plague.

Yersinia pestis is the bacterium that causes all forms of plague.

I found this interesting article - Ring Around the Rosie: Metafolklore, Rhyme and Reason | Folklife Today

It would appear this idea that it derives from the black death or the plague is from the 1940/50's. There's little evidence it was around before that. Also having different variations of the rhyme being around in the EU prior to it being found in the UK in 1881 makes it even less likely.

The great plague in London was 1665 (a year before the great fire) and the black death was 1347. There appears to be no written record from that period of time indicating this rhyme was from there.

So what does it mean? Probably nothing. Some have suggested a playful courting type ritual dance of young people. No one is really sure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Experiencing some technology overload today...or it is just plain tiredness from that killer week last week?

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

She wants one for herself😀

She's smarter than you, I see...

All jokes aside, I rain into this car in June when my friend came to visit. We were cutting through a side street after stopping at the Sony store here in NYC and just happened to see it resting at the opening of a parking garage. Naturally we took pictures.

A few minutes later, we ran across some concept car that my friend knows the name of and we took pictures again. Cars are nice.

I'd like to buy a SLS AMG Electric Drive car if I get to the point where I can afford it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFT's NYC store opens today. Gonna run the GF in there one day to check out the Band 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99