WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've run into this in several places and it always irritates me. I'm more than capable of getting my own soap and hand towel... Thanks...

I'm trying to remember where they all were now. :/

I tipped the guy because:

1) He was pleasant

2) That's a rough way to make a $.

It's still surprising to me. I was ragging the doctor's wife about (the doctor's Italian, his wife french and her friend is french Canadian) why does the women's bathroom get their own coat check. I mean, it makes sense, but it was still so SMH worthy.

It was all so odd to me. I guess that's a small slice of how it feels to be in such an economic position where you can pay for someone to attend to you like that.

Nice little restaurant though. Waitresses were cute but not attractive for my tastes.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What o.o ? If the guy is making money and making his earn isn't that what's counts ?

I'm not knocking his hustle. That's not my point.

My point is that it is a potentially ****ty way to earn a living, pun intended. Because of the bathroom setup. The stalls are like 3 mini rooms (no urinal), with a long sink. The guy is running traffic letting people know what stall is empty and has to physically hand people soap and the paper towels to dry.

So they have to have bathroom staff there with that set up. The idea is they're selling atmosphere in that to have an upscale experience for you as the customer, the bathroom staff is there because the goal is catering to you. I had every intention of taking off my hat i n the restaurant, but when I saw how exclusive it was, I left my hat on to stand out even more.

I say it is a ****ty way to make the $ because it isn't about the smells from the stalls themselves. Remember, people don't have to tip the guy and be can very nasty too. I also noticed that the waitresses so happened to be of a lighter shade, and the people in the bathroom running service were much darker than me. Perhaps it is all coincidence, but that definitely caught my eye...especially since I was maybe the only black guy in the whole restaurant for much of the time I was there.

Again, I'm not knocking the bathroom staff's hustle...money coming in is money coming in. That's a hard way to make a dollar though and while you can debate how exploitative it can be, NYC can be ****ty in terms of how it takes advantage of folks for employment and housing too. You should Google NYC sublet stories or flip through Craigslist to see the ****shows some people to to pass off as rentals to prey on folks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not knocking his hustle. That's not my point.

My point is that it is a potentially ****ty way to earn a living, pun intended. Because of the bathroom setup. The stalls are like 3 mini rooms (no urinal), with a long sink. The guy is running traffic letting people know what stall is empty and has to physically hand people soap and the paper towels to dry.

So they have to have bathroom staff there with that set up. The idea is they're selling atmosphere in that to have an upscale experience for you as the customer, the bathroom staff is there because the goal is catering to you. I had every intention of taking off my hat i n the restaurant, but when I saw how exclusive it was, I left my hat on to stand out even more.

I say it is a ****ty way to make the $ because it isn't about the smells from the stalls themselves. Remember, people don't have to tip the guy and be can very nasty too. I also noticed that the waitresses so happened to be of a lighter shade, and the people in the bathroom running service were much darker than me. Perhaps it is all coincidence, but that definitely caught my eye...especially since I was maybe the only black guy in the whole restaurant for much of the time I was there.

Again, I'm not knocking the bathroom staff's hustle...money coming in is money coming in. That's a hard way to make a dollar though and while you can debate how exploitative it can be, NYC can be ****ty in terms of how it takes advantage of folks for employment and housing too. You should Google NYC sublet stories or flip through Craigslist to see the ****shows some people to to pass off as rentals to prey on folks.

I agree wholely with what your saying.

Maybe because of my upbringing or whatever but I always find certain circumstances awkward. This is one of them. The other is when I go to a restaurant and the staff is too attentive. Then there's the hotel door, baggage and room service. Airport luggage as well...

My wife being Australian is not a fan of tipping as staff is paid reasonably well there and there isn't a huge culture of it here either. They're doing their best to try and bring it in Australia and here though.

I won't comment on housing in New York as I know it's really bad. It's really shocking here now. I read article the other day of a room to let in London for ?500 a month and it was a literally bed under the stairs. This is how bad things are here now.

The prices have just got obscene now in the last three years. They're tralking bubble but I get the feeling that nothing will happen unless there's a global downturn. London is too easy for overseas investors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs