WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah I went to a firework display last night, but it was really foggy and even just dangerous when driving through some areas. Going to work this morning will be fun.

I heard fireworks going off where we were and I was thinking... how does one see those in this type of weather? LOL!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
That's what is basically happening here. Here they call them HMOs. House of Multiple Occupants. In London and university towns they're quite common. You basically rent a room and share everything else.

In London there are many factors to the housing problem. The first is that everyone who comes to the UK wants to live there. The second all the foreign investors want to buy property there. Three is students. Four is new graduates looking for work and the list goes on. Thing is it's really that second one causing the bigger issue. Reason? Whole apartment complexes are put on the foreign market prior to local. Investors buy them like you do stocks on the stock market. Lots sit empty. The price of these properties are out of the price range of locals on purpose and generally anyone wanting to live near their work.

More and more people are commuting long distances and there's talk of a shortage of staff in areas like teaching and nurses due to the inability of them being live near to where they work. So they leave the profession or leave London. Cost of commuting keeps rising as well.

London is becoming a place for the rich to live only and a tourist stomping ground. There will always be those young people willing to pay for the high rents simply to be in London but I often wonder how long before even they think it's not worth it

Unfortunately with a right wing government in power things are only going to get worse. It's all about helping those with money get richer and stomping on the poor and working poor. That's the current government style we have.

Here in the US, it's the remnants of historical reasons rooted in race as to why the people with means can afford to live closer to work.

I wish I could say something more positive, but there isn't whenever it comes to housing.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here in the US, it's the remnants of historical reasons rooted in race as to why the people with means can afford to live closer to work.

I wish I could say something more positive, but there isn't whenever it comes to housing.

In the US it's racial based. Here it's about social status and class. Either way it's discrimination of those with less means available to them.

They're basically trying to cleanse London of poor people by pricing them out and taking their subsidised homes. Ironically in the last little while I've seen more and more people living on the streets of London in very popular tourist areas. Seems like a revolt of some sort.

I would find it very amusing if those who couldn't afford to live in London left and there was only rich people there. I wonder what would happen. Of course that won't ever happen but it's nice to muse about such things.

I keep thinking that over here in the UK they're trying to turn it into serfdom again. I may be wrong but that's the impression you get when you hear the politicians and business people speak.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In the US it's racial based. Here it's about social status and class. Either way it's discrimination of those with less means available to them.

They're basically trying to cleanse London of poor people by pricing them out and taking their subsidised homes. Ironically in the last little while I've seen more and more people living on the streets of London in very popular tourist areas. Seems like a revolt of some sort.

I would find it very amusing if those who couldn't afford to live in London left and there was only rich people there. I wonder what would happen. Of course that won't ever happen but it's nice to muse about such things.

I keep thinking that over here in the UK they're trying to turn it into serfdom again. I may be wrong but that's the impression you get when you hear the politicians and business people speak.

Same is happening with NYC to some degree...in particular Manhattan and downtown Brooklyn.

It is just such a shame though.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

We had exceptionally warm weather on Friday and Saturday. We got up to 20C. But the temperature has dropped which is probably why we have all this fog now.

Thankfully it doesn't appear to be affecting the trains.... yet.
It has come down to 0 C today.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, I'm starting to have that same love-hate relationship with my Z3 that ibhave with my 930...SMH...

Posted via Xperia Z3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm back after a busy day at school . Today it rained which was nice ! Also I got some food pictures to post today :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I've got pictures too but cannot post them from Android until the upload bug gets fixed...

I would like to post pictures using tapatalk but it's so bad I can't upload them here . I have to upload them o one drive . Then download the pictures from one drive to my iPod and finally post them on tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So Liz and I went to burgers in brew for lunch today . I think they are the best burger joint in Chico . For the price they are pricey but really good ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446514648.827482.jpg after that we went to Starbucks to chill :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I would like to post pictures using tapatalk but it's so bad I can't upload them here . I have to upload them o one drive . Then download the pictures from one drive to my iPod and finally post them on tapatalk

Yup. A real pain in the ***.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So Sahib, as much as I like hearing about Liz, tell us more about the hot girls in college that you're keeping your eyes on these days...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, I'm starting to have that same love-hate relationship with my Z3 that ibhave with my 930...SMH...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Perhaps a factory reset may do the trick, but I don't think that lollipop has been terribly kind to the Z3. I think I'll wait until marshmallow is out first before I do.

It's been all about the Moto since I got it. And of all the phones I own (930, Z3, Maxx), that's the phone that'll benefit the most from the next software update.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So Sahib, as much as I like hearing about Liz, tell us more about the hot girls in college that you're keeping your eyes on these days...

There is a few in my body sculpting class. She's like a perfect 10 . I don't think I've seen a girl like that before . She has a Swedish accent . And cute too . Also there is a Latina girl she got the right curves in the right places :p then there is this girl Hispanic girl in my business class. She's really cute and smart. There was one day where she was wearing these jeans that made you wanna turn your head see her walk away :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Perhaps a factory reset may do the trick, but I don't think that lollipop has been terribly kind to the Z3. I think I'll wait until marshmallow is out first before I do.

It's been all about the Moto since I got it. And of all the phones I own (930, Z3, Maxx), that's the phone that'll benefit the most from the next software update.

Why not get the z4 ?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Why not get the z4 ?

Becuase the Z4 aka the Z3+ wasn't an improvment over the Z3. And the Z5, outside of the fingerprint scanner, doesn't add anything new. Even the improved camera set up hasn't been optimized well enough to give consistently great photos is all settings. So far I've seen it to be excellent in great light and goes downhill from there, but as bad as the Z3 does.

That doesn't justify the upgrade price tag...which is selling both my 930 and Z3 + cash to get a Z5.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There is a few in my body sculpting class. She's like a perfect 10 . I don't think I've seen a girl like that before . She has a Swedish accent . And cute too . Also there is a Latina girl she got the right curves in the right places :p then there is this girl Hispanic girl in my business class. She's really cute and smart. There was one day where she was wearing these jeans that made you wanna turn your head see her walk away :p

So...what's the difference between a Latina and a Hispanic?

Have you talked to any of them yet?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

There is a few in my body sculpting class. She's like a perfect 10 . I don't think I've seen a girl like that before . She has a Swedish accent . And cute too . Also there is a Latina girl she got the right curves in the right places then there is this girl Hispanic girl in my business class. She's really cute and smart. There was one day where she was wearing these jeans that made you wanna turn your head see her walk away
Appreciate some photos :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So...what's the difference between a Latina and a Hispanic?

Have you talked to any of them yet?

Well Latina since I have no idea if she's Colombian or Puerto Rican but the Hispanic because I know she's from Mexico :p I've talked with them but the Sweden one is engaged , Latina one is married and the Hispanic is dating someone :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb