WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Um... that's pretty tragic... I'm a bit speechless... sad...

The most intriguing part is that i was just scrolling through my Facebook feed, saw some article about a man who hanged himslef, opened it, saw the pictures and just rejected the thought that it was him.
And today when i came from school i saw a crowd in front of his parent's house, and it was pretty much clear to me then.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

The most intriguing part is that i was just scrolling through my Facebook feed, saw some article about a man who hanged himslef, opened it, saw the pictures and just rejected the thought that it was him.
And today when i came from school i saw a crowd in front of his parent's house, and it was pretty much clear to me then.
Where on earth do you live that you have pictures of hanged people in news?!?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's bad enough that recent statics show that men around my age are most likely to do something like this these days. I often find it more tragic when a young person does it. So much more to life.... Not that anyone doing this while healthy is a good thing...

I know there's no simple answer to these problems along from personal experience I've seen interviews of people with that struggle daily with this. For most it was simply that moment of hesitation and then talking to someone that helps.

Many people struggle in silence and just the think that no one cares. Sad in a world where talking to someone is simply a tap away we still have these issues.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

One of the hardest things to do is to cherish the moments we get with the people we value.

The GF was sharing with me yesterday that a friend of one of her sister's (this is the sister I've met so far) is 44 and dying of colon cancer. They thought it was in remission and it is back and terminal. And on the same day she mentioned this, she went to the birthday party of her landlord's mom who turned 100 - and is still sharp as a tack mentally and in good enough physical health.

There are people who I would have liked to (my grandmother, my grandaunt) who I wanted to get one last goodbye in before they passed, but didn't get to do so. We never know what the plan is for each person, but it is always best to enjoy the moments you get with whomever you hold dear.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
Cancer is bi**h :( 15 years ago I lost grandmother because of it, two weeks ago I lost grandfather, again because of cancer.... But I at least got to say goodbye.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Local news will often post pictures of the person (not of them hanged) especially if they're young. Which is what I think they were referring to. Usually with headlines like 'Tragedy' or 'Tragic'

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Well not hanged actually, but some blury photo of him after they took him of the rope. Even if it was actually photo of him hanged it wouldn't be much of a surprise, cause here, in Balcan, stuff like that are not far from normal/usual.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's bad enough that recent statics show that men around my age are most likely to do something like this these days. I often find it more tragic when a young person does it. So much more to life.... Not that anyone doing this while healthy is a good thing...

I know there's no simple answer to these problems along from personal experience I've seen interviews of people with that struggle daily with this. For most it was simply that moment of hesitation and then talking to someone that helps.

Many people struggle in silence and just the think that no one cares. Sad in a world where talking to someone is simply a tap away we still have these issues.

He was around 35, not more i think. Family problems and depths has taken it's toll.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Cancer is bi**h :( 15 years ago I lost grandmother because of it, two weeks ago I lost grandfather, again because of cancer.... But I at least got to say goodbye.

Also have a close relative, my father's sister's daughter (don't the english term), she has some kind of cancer that is what doctors think in late stage or smth.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

He was around 35, not more i think. Family problems and depths has taken it's toll.
Oh. 35 is still fairly young. To me anyway.

What's happened to him is unfortunately not unusual these days. Also age group of 35 to 45 is becoming more common as well, if not the top age bracket for men.

To me it shows the depth of issues that are happening in the world right now. Sad really.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well not hanged actually, but some blury photo of him after they took him of the rope. Even if it was actually photo of him hanged it wouldn't be much of a surprise, cause here, in Balcan, stuff like that are not far from normal/usual.
That is odd...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Really interesting decor at the restaurant in the airport today.
67147549000c308bdfdd8d0106f66d06.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the paper is coming along...should be done soon. No laundry ubtl next week as they're replacing the machines in the laundromat I use and I'm not in the mood to drage clothes too far today.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Twenty years ago my parents insurance man died. My parents knew his parents (acquaintances, not friends), but his parents never described the circumstances. It turned out that I worked with the insurance man's neighbor. I don't remember how the subject came up, but my coworker told me that this man hanged himself.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I'll tell you guys a quick story. I guess all this talk about life and death made me remember, that, and for some reason I just feel like typing today. This is a true story.

One of my best friends back in my high school days Ralph, that I used to hang out with every day (my graduating year was 1987 for reference) became a framer/roofer in the 90's. Over the years, we lost touch. Each took different career paths and such, got married and had kids, and went on with our lives etc.

Well one day, a mutual friend that I still talked to, had told me about this terrible accident that Ralph had been in on the job. He'd fallen from a two story building and had broken nearly every bone in his body. Said friend gave me the number to the hospital room where he was, so I called and talked to him. We talked for hours it seemed! Reminiscing on old times, laughing and catching up; he told me that he had a son "James". We vowed to keep in touch.

Ralph spent the next 6 months in traction (full body cast), followed by 3 more months of rehabilitation and had to learn how to walk again, and pretty much had to re-learn how to do everything again... but he did it! A year after the accident, he was back on his feet as if nothing ever happened! Due to getting hurt on the job, he was also awarded a hefty settlement.. He got a ton of money. Money which he quickly went out and bought the motorcycle of his dreams with - A Suzuki GSX1100 (IIRC or something like that) Ralph had always been a rider, even back in high school. He was the guy who was always doing wheelies down the road on his "crotch-rocket" type Japanese bikes. A speed demon. So much so, that it really wasn't a huge surprise to any of us that knew him, that he was killed on that new bike shortly after getting it. He lost control of it on one of our local bridges here, hit the side barrier and plummeting about 200ft to a parking lot below. Ralph was wearing a helmet.

Fast forward to about 2006-2007. I was telling this very story to a couple young newly hired dishwashers at the restaurant I was managing at. As I'm telling it, I notice one of these kids eyes lighting up, as he's almost mouthing the words coming out of my mouth... he stops me and corrects me; "no, it was a GS1100" ... this kid's name was James. Ralph's son...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the paper is coming along...should be done soon. No laundry ubtl next week as they're replacing the machines in the laundromat I use and I'm not in the mood to drage clothes too far today.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Just need to format it now...gonna head back to the GF so she can read it in person and I'll complete my final edits.

Taking a chance in modifying parts of a previous paper i used for a different class...but hey, the topic applies so why do all the work completely over?

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12