WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So tmobile's announcement for free video streaming is pretty cool. I can't take advantage of it either way but for people that want it they have it . Your move Verizon , att, and sprint

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

How 'bout a Chrysler 300M "indiglo" gauge cluster (direct swap - perfect fit) in a '98 - '04 Intrepid ES, SXT, or RT (works only with these models that have the "Auto-stick" transmission though, as the gear indicator is in the display)

WP_20151110_21_40_12_Pro[1].jpg

Sorry, does not work with 2.7 liter "SE" Intrepids

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So tmobile's announcement for free video streaming is pretty cool. I can't take advantage of it either way but for people that want it they have it . Your move Verizon , att, and sprint
I don't think it's cool at all. It violates net neutrality, since a carrier is giving preferential treatment to certain websites' services.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't think it's cool at all. It violates net neutrality, since a carrier is giving preferential treatment to certain websites' services.

._. Any streaming service can sign up for it if it's legal and some other requirements . To me that doesn't seem to violate anything. And even so you can turn it off. So I don't really understand why it's a bad thing.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

._. Any streaming service can sign up for it if it's legal and some other requirements . To me that doesn't seem to violate anything. And even so you can turn it off. So I don't really understand why it's a bad thing.
Companies should not need to ask carriers for permission to get their services favorite treatment. Net neutrality means that the carriers have no influence on what services get prioritized.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You might want to read the Wikipedia article on net neutrality and then perhaps restate your opinion.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Companies should not need to ask carriers for permission to get their services favorite treatment. Net neutrality means that the carriers have no influence on what services get prioritized.

So what I'm understanding is that tmobile is doing wrong in the eyes of net neutrality advocates but as a regular consumer this is pretty good . I have extra data to use it on other things . Tmobile isn't as far as I know giving Netflix any special treatment over Hulu . They are included in not using any data if you decided to stream over cellular connection. Tmobile is slowing the other content provider down because Netflix "paid " tmobile to do so . I honestly don't see a problem with it but a Benefit to the consumer and create more competition between carriers.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm just trying to understand how it's a bad thing . I have friend how likes to stream video here and there every time we go to school on the bus. A few days before her billing cycle ends she runs out of data. She's on Verizon btw. A few days ago she was telling me that it would be nice if she could stream without it using much data or no data at all.

What I'm trying to get at is I'm sure there are other users who watch videos or tvs shows but don't have enough data to do so. Now it's possible at least with tmobile

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Tmobile is slowing the other content provider down because Netflix "paid " tmobile to do so . I honestly don't see a problem with it but a Benefit to the consumer and create more competition between carriers.

I highlighted your own words in hope of clarifying the issues. You're only seeing 'benefit', weasel words used by companies to push things. What you don't seem realise is that they're taking away choice. They're purposely reducing bandwidth of other providers simply because they're not getting paid by them and instead pushing Netflix.

The consumer here isn't the winner. It's Netflix and T-Mobile because people would find using the other providers painful because they're being slowed on purpose. So yes they are giving special treatment to Netflix. So unless you typed something incorrectly your own words state differently.

This is why net neutrality is important. I know the US carriers love nothing more than bullying everyone and taking choice away from consumers so that's why stuff like this has to be stopped. There is no benefit here. It's about domination and lack of choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett