WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The fanboyism over at imore is worse. I got a i6 for my wife and had some questions and most answers are "it works just fine for me, there is nothing wrong with what Apple has given us". What a load of crap! I'll post specific examples in a bit.

I was reading through the Blackberry Priv poll article and Laura posted something and several immature jerks decided to make fun of her for no reason other than not liking a physical keyboard, being older than 40 and being female.... needless to say I wasn't impressed. Not that she needs my help or anything but I was irritated.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Lol! And here I would think you'd kvetch about how heavy the thing would be! (It does have some weight to it).

Camera's better than the N5, which you still find impressive. I suppose the photos I've posted here aren't to your liking. Well, everyone's preferences are different. 3900mah + Qi + under 5.5" screen works for me.

I swear, you can be more picky than some of these NYC socialites. Are you going to try the Mi 4C?

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
Haven't got a good deal on the Mi4C yet...
N5 takes great pics for me.
And if I need to make any compromise, then I'll take the Lumia 640 over it. Except slightly slower hardware it has all the right things - 5" screen, stellar battery life, camera is actually very good and is lightweight.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You might just be surprised...

I'll give you a week then. It's not that I don't like the 5X, but to me it'd be more interesting at the $350 and $400 price points if Google was keeping the 16 & 32GB storage options.

As it is, too pricey.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The fanboyism over at imore is worse. I got a i6 for my wife and had some questions and most answers are "it works just fine for me, there is nothing wrong with what Apple has given us". What a load of crap! I'll post specific examples in a bit.

I'd never go back there. I went to comment on an article once, and one of the lead editors opened his mouth and fanboyism spewed out. I almost threw up but decided I'd rather not waste more minutes of my minute (or risked being banned by you or Laura) by getting into a back and forth.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll give you a week then. It's not that I don't like the 5X, but to me it'd be more interesting at the $350 and $400 price points if Google was keeping the 16 & 32GB storage options.

As it is, too pricey.

You know me, I will probably pay under $350 for the 32GB version so...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I asked a couple of questions:
1. Why are the apps downloading so slowly on the iPhone from the App store? I tried to setup the iPhone 6 at the same time as the MXPE. In about 25 minutes I had downloaded all of my 80 apps on the MXPE from the Play store and I had barely downloaded Spotify, YouTube, Tapatalk and Hangouts on the iPhone. The response I got it is why are you not using iTunes and plugging it into the computer? I got told it just works that way so I must install the absolute atrocity that is iTunes to get my apps. Me being me, I tried a different approach. I reset the iPhone, created a brand new Apple ID and tried installing the same 4 apps and guess what, same end result. I was just trying to set up a new iPhone and was downloading the apps straight from the App Store no trying to get a backup off the cloud. Now here is the intriguing part, if I did this on my LTE data the apps were downloading really fast! I checked the connection on my other devices and there were no issues. I downloaded a couple of apps on my iPad 2 and no issues either, so I know that it is not my Wi-Fi router/speed/connection. So I think in iOS 8 and 9 there are some serious Wi-Fi problems and my iPad is on iOS 7 so it doesn't seem to have those bugs.

2. Wanted to know how to sync Outlook contacts and that was also a fairly long winded lecture. I just ended up searching stuff on the web via Bing/Google and got that done.

3. Okay so one other thing that was bothering me in the two days I test drove the iPhone. If I am entering my email id then the period (.) shows up on the keyboard but if I am in Message or Hangouts or Tapatalk it does not show up. I have to tap the [123] button the get the period to show up to insert it, wth! So I ask about a workaround and people say just double tap the space bar - yes but that is also extra keystroke, right? SMH...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I asked a couple of questions:
1. Why are the apps downloading so slowly on the iPhone from the App store? I tried to setup the iPhone 6 at the same time as the MXPE. In about 25 minutes I had downloaded all of my 80 apps on the MXPE from the Play store and I had barely downloaded Spotify, YouTube, Tapatalk and Hangouts on the iPhone. The response I got it is why are you not using iTunes and plugging it into the computer? I got told it just works that way so I must install the absolute atrocity that is iTunes to get my apps. Me being me, I tried a different approach. I reset the iPhone, created a brand new Apple ID and tried installing the same 4 apps and guess what, same end result. I was just trying to set up a new iPhone and was downloading the apps straight from the App Store no trying to get a backup off the cloud. Now here is the intriguing part, if I did this on my LTE data the apps were downloading really fast! I checked the connection on my other devices and there were no issues. I downloaded a couple of apps on my iPad 2 and no issues either, so I know that it is not my Wi-Fi router/speed/connection. So I think in iOS 8 and 9 there are some serious Wi-Fi problems and my iPad is on iOS 7 so it doesn't seem to have those bugs.

2. Wanted to know how to sync Outlook contacts and that was also a fairly long winded lecture. I just ended up searching stuff on the web via Bing/Google and got that done.

3. Okay so one other thing that was bothering me in the two days I test drove the iPhone. If I am entering my email id then the period (.) shows up on the keyboard but if I am in Message or Hangouts or Tapatalk it does not show up. I have to tap the [123] button the get the period to show up to insert it, wth! So I ask about a workaround and people say just double tap the space bar - yes but that is also extra keystroke, right? SMH...

I'd rather get a colonoscopy without anaesthetics than ask questions on iMore. You had me cracking up at the Apple "users" telling you go use that junk called iTunes for your apps.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I was reading through the Blackberry Priv poll article and Laura posted something and several immature jerks decided to make fun of her for no reason other than not liking a physical keyboard, being older than 40 and being female.... needless to say I wasn't impressed. Not that she needs my help or anything but I was irritated.
I'm not even going to respond to those childish comments.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'd rather get a colonoscopy without anaesthetics than ask questions on iMore. You had me cracking up at the Apple "users" telling you go use that junk called iTunes for your apps.

Its funny how bad the walled garden is...I need a MB and iTunes to setup my iPhone correctly??? It is a mobile device, it should be able to do everything via Wi-Fi or OTA no cables needed!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Just finished another 'When in India??' session, feeling so damn bored.
I should be practising physics for the exam tomorrow, but i probably won't go. Meh, who am i kidding, i won't go definetly.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Its funny how bad the walled garden is...I need a MB and iTunes to setup my iPhone correctly??? It is a mobile device, it should be able to do everything via Wi-Fi or OTA no cables needed!
That is silly. It reminds me of how smartphones worked 10 years ago.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This might be anecdotal info but I asked the IT department in my school why it takes so long to connect on the school wifi and disconnects frequently on my iPod. The guy asked what Ios I'm running I told them" iOS 9" he told me their experience after the iOS 9 update, they gotten double the technical issues with Idevices after the update. Thier solution was to wait for it to connect on its own. This is a response to 99

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077