WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm going to bed. Really long day ahead tomorrow and a good chance we are going to NYC on Sunday.

99, if you end up in NYC, reach out and I'll pass along my favorite Ethiopian restaurant to see if it is in your range to trek to...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm surprised not one person who had review on the iPad pro type cover mentioned anything about it ._. Maybe it's not out yet ?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is the 6200 version.

For another $5.50, with free Prime shipping to boot, you could have had a bigger power pack with an extra 9700mah. Every once in a while, I can apply 99's fruglaity and it works for me...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

For another $5.50, with free Prime shipping to boot, you could have had a bigger power pack with an extra 9700mah. Every once in a while, I can apply 99's fruglaity and it works for me...

I just wanted something that would charge the Nexus 5 a couple of times and hence this is perfect.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

So...I played with the 950 today.

I've got mixed feelings about it. The summary version I wished they had launched this a year ago in the current package they have. I don't think this was worth the wait.

Both the 950 and the 950XL have a Nexus 5 feel to it based on their design. I do hope the third party cases make it more personal, but they both feel functional. Which is fine by me, I suppose...but doesn't look as well. Honestly, I picked up the 950 and initially thought it was a 640. If I didn't see what the back was to look like, I'd have ignored it.

Well, I hope it sells, but I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped to be from an engineering perspective, MSFT hit a home run. They packed a lot of good tech in a lightweight chassis. It is very impressive. Still, I wish it had some personality like the 925 or even the 920. Hell, even the 930 which is a bit bland has more personality than the 950, to me.

But, it is early days yet. I hope I'm proven wrong. Still, I will pass for now. Maybe if they get cheaper, I would take the chance. Based on What I saw though, these phones would have been more on the money in the $479 and $550 bracket.

I agree with the exuberant pricing, with that kind of quality and packaging even with Continuum. My Microsoft contact revealed that Panos had another device in his pocket in the employees meeting and is NOT the 950/XL.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

While my app was developed with Continuum in consideration, I have yet to test it. Damn I'll need a Lumia 950...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

While my app was developed with Continuum in consideration, I have yet to test it. Damn I'll need a Lumia 950...

I believe you can also release it as a BETA and only allow certain people access. I'm gonna develop my proof of concept with continuum in mind but because I'm one of those that hates emulators with a royal unburdened passion I'll have a 950 by the time it gets to testing. I also have a monitor with HDMI support so will be able to test it via that.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning gang..

If any of you are fans of Pink Floyd, or any that had any connection to their album The Wall back in the day, I highly recommend Roger Waters' 2014 live reenactment of it...

Roger Waters - The Wall

Watched it last night and OH MY GOD is it full of AWESOME!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I agree with the exuberant pricing, with that kind of quality and packaging even with Continuum. My Microsoft contact revealed that Panos had another device in his pocket in the employees meeting and is NOT the 950/XL.
My Microsoft contact is still insisting I wait a couple more months.

After looking at the 950 yesterday at the AT&T store, I'll have to agree with MIA on it.. My 1520 is holding up just fine.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I believe you can also release it as a BETA and only allow certain people access. I'm gonna develop my proof of concept with continuum in mind but because I'm one of those that hates emulators with a royal unburdened passion I'll have a 950 by the time it gets to testing. I also have a monitor with HDMI support so will be able to test it via that.
It's published to the store already. Thanks.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't have a problem with the packaging, but at the price point. I would have loved to see MSFT last year put out a 4.7" phone with 16GB RAM + microSD + 805 processor + Qi + the colorful shells for about $350. That would be a hot seller. Even if they did this now and pulled the Qi and left it with microUSB + Quick charge at that price, it would sell even if the phone looks utilitarian...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't have a problem with the packaging, but at the price point. I would have loved to see MSFT last year put out a 4.7" phone with 16GB RAM + microSD + 805 processor + Qi + the colorful shells for about $350. That would be a hot seller. Even if they did this now and pulled the Qi and left it with microUSB + Quick charge at that price, it would sell even if the phone looks utilitarian...

16GB RAM? That would be a Surface phone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb