WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Can someone tell me what's the actual point of the Thanks Giving day? I mean, what led and made this custom?
Don't get me wrong.
The simplest answer, it's a harvest festival. The 'giving thanks' is a religious tradition for a good harvest.

Harvest festivals have been around for a very long time and have just carried over into other religious traditions.

The turkey, which is mostly a US and Canadian tradition, comes from the so called 'first Thanksgiving' in the US where wild turkey was eaten in large quantities. There's still debate about the first Thanksgiving though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I should of course point out the more secular observations these days.

Since most who celebrate thanksgiving probably have little idea what a harvest is or why you want a good one have created their own ideas of thanksgiving.

Most people are simply thankful for friends and family and having a good life.

Their celebrations are eating copious amounts of turkey, veggies, pumpkin pie and drinking a lot. Followed by watching football and having a nap. Turkey has tryptophan which makes you sleepy.

Of course this is all in preparation for the most important day of the year. Black Friday. Where people go out and buy cheap electronics to replace the cheap electronics they bought last year... Capitalism being the True Religion? after all...

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Please see the humour there and not get offended. I am of course being stereotypical of Americans. I know after all that many have no idea what vegetables are...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I should of course point out the more secular observations these days.

Since most who celebrate thanksgiving probably have little idea what a harvest is or why you want a good one have created their own ideas of thanksgiving.

Most people are simply thankful for friends and family and having a good life.

Their celebrations are eating copious amounts of turkey, veggies, pumpkin pie and drinking a lot. Followed by watching football and having a nap. Turkey has tryptophan which makes you sleepy.

Of course this is all in preparation for the most important day of the year. Black Friday. Where people go out and buy cheap electronics to replace the cheap electronics they bought last year... Capitalism being the True Religion? after all...

Black Friday is the biggest day of the year for some businesses. This whole weekend can make or break some companies each year. I just try to get what I need and nothing more. My first world problems are a bit more acute than thinking about running over someone for a gift for an entitled loved one...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Please see the humour there and not get offended. I am of course being stereotypical of Americans. I know after all that many have no idea what vegetables are...

Same group hasn't figuring out that diarrhea of the mouth is worse than diarrhea from the *** when you act like you know it all.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Black Friday is the biggest day of the year for some businesses. This whole weekend can make or break some companies each year. I just try to get what I need and nothing more. My first world problems are a bit more acute than thinking about running over someone for a gift for an entitled loved one...

If your business relies fully on Black Friday to survive then you should look into another form of business.

Either that or it's a clear indication of how much people have devalued everything.

We have similar situations here with some companies not doing so well and relying on things like Black Friday to survive. Our sales have mostly been online today. Probably due to the fact that most people are working...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Does the naming "Black Friday " has anything to do with the crash of wall street in 1929 or is it just coincidence? Or does it have this name because it boosts sales so something like that wouldn't happen?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Does the naming "Black Friday " has anything to do with the crash of wall street in 1929 or is it just coincidence? Or does it have this name because it boosts sales so something like that wouldn't happen?
Think more like company profits. Being in the Black. It's what MIA pointed out. Lots of companies rely on this sale now to be in the Black going into Xmas.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If your business relies fully on Black Friday to survive then you should look into another form of business.

Either that or it's a clear indication of how much people have devalued everything.

We have similar situations here with some companies not doing so well and relying on things like Black Friday to survive. Our sales have mostly been online today. Probably due to the fact that most people are working...

The truth is that in many ways, the global economy isn't in good shape. The rich are able to ride stuff out because they don't feel the losses as much. It is everybody else who will get screwed. All businesses and other folks are doing isn't making money, just gathering resources.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

While I hate going out on black Friday to any store since people act all crazy😒 I like the deals that they have available:) I bought a tv , it was cheap and my folks needed to replace their old tv

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

While I hate going out on black Friday to any store since people act all crazy�� I like the deals that they have available:) I bought a tv , it was cheap and my folks needed to replace their old tv
Can get the same or better deals on "Cyber Monday" without having to battle crowds of shoppers... Or sit in traffic.

Anyone with a 950/950XL care to run the Basemark OS II benchmark app and compare?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs