WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The truth is, the market is saturated. These two phones are the phones MSFT should have released LAST year. Drop the 805 processor and throw out the USB type C...and sell these for $100 less than their current prices. If these phones are for the fans, i don't know who they're catering to when the market wants good hardware at a cheaper price point due to the saturation levels.

Yes, i sound like an armchair CEO, but the cancellation of the McLaren was smart...the problem is there was not filler alternative ready at the time. Had MSFT released these last year or even the start of this year with the current specs, they'd be able to use these fillers to get them to Q2-Q3 2016 in better shape to drop the convergence devices.

I agree with the Jason Ward article on MSFT's long play. The problem is MSFT needed a more polished offering on Windows 10 from launch. The real reason why i haven't gone hard for either the XL or 950 is the same reason why I'm on the fence for the Z5 - they're not true upgrades. The stand out features aren't as standout anymore. The 950's camera seems to be among the best, but not class leading. The Z5's camera is among the best, but not class leading. Waterproofing is nice, but Sony is selling it as water resistance now...something that doesn't matter to many folks. Both the Z5 and 950 have slightly uninteresting designs.

There just isn't enough reason to buy either the Z5 or the 950. If i had to pick one, I'd want to go with the 950 because a better camera on my secondary device is welcomed. But as of right now, my stable is good enough.

Both are ******* overpriced, it's not even funny.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I agree the market is overly saturated. The main reason I have no interest in W10M is simply because it hasn't done much from W8.1. There's still the app issue. There's some new things there but nothing earth shattering to make me want to spend the exorbitant amounts for their new flagships. They're way too expensive.

As for the Z5. I still may consider it simply because of the issues I had with the Z3 with the screen replacement and no other reason.

The Z5 is still classified as IP68 and they still called it waterproof on their website.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If i were buying a phone this year, the only phone...is a G4. It checks most of the boxes for me...and with the right launcher such as Arrow or Xperia home or the Google launcher, you can avoid that mess looking LG UX.

Is it an upgrade over my Z3? Yes. It is an upgrade over my Maxx as a daily driver? Nope. So it is off the list.

The 5X would be the choice over the G4 if there was a 64GB version. These days i do 16GB + SD slot or 64GB internal as my choices. 32GB doesn't cut it and 16GB is like my current boss - a really bad joke.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Looks like a broke my leg, again, the same one. Twice in two years. Well i'm sick if this anymore. Broke my head, cut my neck (almost died), broke my arm, my knee 2x, and now my right leg for the second time, if it is broken though, as much as i hate hospitals i'll have to go tommorow early.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree the market is overly saturated. The main reason I have no interest in W10M is simply because it hasn't done much from W8.1. There's still the app issue. There's some new things there but nothing earth shattering to make me want to spend the exorbitant amounts for their new flagships. They're way too expensive.

As for the Z5. I still may consider it simply because of the issues I had with the Z3 with the screen replacement and no other reason.

The Z5 is still classified as IP68 and they still called it waterproof on their website.

Well, your wife has a Z5C...how's she making out with it so far?

For you as a daily driver, the Z5 may make sense, or even a G4...but i don't know how you feel about their UX.

For the record, my Z3 is in great shape, except for how L made the battery useless.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like a broke my leg, again, the same one. Twice in two years. Well i'm sick if this anymore. Broke my head, cut my neck (almost died), broke my arm, my knee 2x, and now my right leg for the second time, if it is broken though, as much as i hate hospitals i'll have to go tommorow early.

Sorry to hear that. Speedy recovering.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Whaaaaat?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow... get well soon!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, your wife has a Z5C...how's she making out with it so far?

For you as a daily driver, the Z5 may make sense, or even a G4...but i don't know how you feel about their UX.

For the record, my Z3 is in great shape, except for how L made the battery useless.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Main issues with the Z5C were based on Windows Phone comparisons and mostly the text size. Even though I have it all set on large the text is still small.

She's not overly fond of swipe to answer either.

There's been some other bits but I'm working on those to correct things to make it easier. Other than that though it's just time really. She got used to WP and finds Android a bit different.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yup. I'll be 18 in couple of months and i have had more accidents in my 18yrs of life than my 70yo grandfather.

It's not like i'm dumb or retarded, but those things just keep happening to me.

I thought I was bad when I was young but you definitely topped me. Maybe you should stop doing those crazy stunts. :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like you'll be waiting for another 2 years.

I don't think Sony can do better. Only areas they can improve on is the camera department. Sony is in a decent place design wise. They need fresh look, better cameras, better marketing, faster updates. People who aren't in the know don't casually buy Sony phones.

Posted via Xperia Z3
And slightly cheaper prices...charging like the fruit stand doesn't help them either.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Looks like Las Vegas started airing again on Fox. Gonna watch first two seasons all over again.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Main issues with the Z5C were based on Windows Phone comparisons and mostly the text size. Even though I have it all set on large the text is still small.

She's not overly fond of swipe to answer either.

There's been some other bits but I'm working on those to correct things to make it easier. Other than that though it's just time really. She got used to WP and finds Android a bit different.

Yup, Android does have smaller fonts so that's an adjustment for sure. Have you taken pictures with the Z5C's camera so far? If so, what do you think about it?

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yup, Android does have smaller fonts so that's an adjustment for sure. Have you taken pictures with the Z5C's camera so far? If so, what do you think about it?

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

She's taken some but I haven't looked at them closely.

We had some issues with her Samsung tablet so I had to work on that to sort it out. I had to reset it and now it seems to be working.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I was just as bad at that age. I broke my tibia about 4 months before my 18th birthday and had to have surgery to repair it - plate and 9 screws. After that for some reason things were a bit okay for a few more years, one cut up arm, one twisted elbow and two split chins. It finally all ended about 20 odd years ago...Good luck, I know we all need it at times like this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Girls? Hahah, why does it seems to me that Sahib is the main joke around here :d

If girls were the only thing then it wouldn't be Sahib...there are at least 10 things 99, Rue and myself (maybe each) besides girls that could be used at the end of that sentence...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss