WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Most people consider the winter equinox as the start of winter but that's just a not true. Winter starts when it starts. Soon as it drops to zero and stays there constantly at least over night you're technically in winter. So winter can be early or later than the equinox.

I remember a couple of years in Toronto where we hit 13C or warmer through December. Usually by that time Toronto would be a frozen ice cube... instead we had sunshine, warm weather, confused wild life and plants. The trees actually started to bud again and birds were laying eggs. It was a bit of a concern.

Thankfully January proved that we were still the 'white north' with a monster of a blizzard with snow piled higher than cars.

I assumed winter starts at the winter Equinox . That's interesting to know that it starts to starts . We had that last winter and it confused all the plants .

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's weird. The temps are warm but the wind is bloody icy so it feels a lot colder than it is.

We had those 'issues' here in Bosnia few years ago. And it wasn't just a bit warmer, it was warm as hell. Two years ago we didn't even have snow for the New Year.

Now, well, it maybe even came earlier than it should, we had frist snow almost a month ago. So far so good, i'm sick of summer time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We had those 'issues' here in Bosnia few years ago. And it wasn't just a bit warmer, it was warm as hell. Two years ago we didn't even have snow for the New Year.

Now, well, it maybe even came earlier than it should, we had frist snow almost a month ago. So far so good, i'm sick of summer time.

We don't get much snow here in the UK, especially in the South East where I live. I already told the story about Toronto, where I grew up.

As for winter in Brisbane Australia, 18C was the 'coldest' we got to during the day and that was only two to three days in 'peak' winter when I was there but it dropped to 4C at night which is bloody cold. Typically the daytime temperature was +22-25C. Yeah it's a big swing in temperature.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We don't get much snow here in the UK, especially in the South East where I live. I already told the story about Toronto, where I grew up.

As for winter in Brisbane Australia, 18C was the 'coldest' we got to during the day and that was only two to three days in 'peak' winter when I was there but it dropped to 4C at night which is bloody cold. Typically the daytime temperature was +22-25C. Yeah it's a big swing in temperature.

It is the same situation in Arizona, Nevada and Southern California deserts. Daytime it is nice around 18 to 25 C and then it drops down close to freezing at night. Monday night the temperature dropped down to 4C and there was a freeze warning at a place about 30 miles away.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

At least you have a rain all the time :d

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

At least you have a rain all the time :d

You're more than welcome to have the rain all the time. :p

We have a lot of cloudy days but not necessarily a lot of rain as people tend to think. The rainy areas are in Scotland where it seems it rains continuously... at least that's what the weather people tell me. I haven't seen much of the sun for some time. We get the occasional sunny break but it's been mostly cloudy for about two months now with high winds the last few weeks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It is the same situation in Arizona, Nevada and Southern California deserts. Daytime it is nice around 18 to 25 C and then it drops down close to freezing at night. Monday night the temperature dropped down to 4C and there was a freeze warning at a place about 30 miles away.

Cold weather is relative to where you live. I learnt that by experience. I was amused when I heard about the so called winter in Brisbane and the weather people going on about how cold it was. It wasn't until the second winter there that I really felt it. The cold winds off the Antarctic are something.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

You're more than welcome to have the rain all the time. :p

We have a lot of cloudy days but not necessarily a lot of rain as people tend to think. The rainy areas are in Scotland where it seems it rains continuously... at least that's what the weather people tell me. I haven't seen much of the sun for some time. We get the occasional sunny break but it's been mostly cloudy for about two months now with high winds the last few weeks.

I really couldn't imagine myself living in the UK or in that close-to-Atlantic area. The weather just seems too dead to me. Honestly i don't know if i could live in the area which is bathing in sun either, or the opposite one. I like my Southeastern Europe weather where i get all there is, very warm summers (it hit 40?C+ this summer) and pretty much cold winters (last year's peak was -21?C on the New Years Eve).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I really couldn't imagine myself living in the UK or in that close-to-Atlantic area. The weather just seems too dead to me. Honestly i don't know if i could live in the area which is bathing in sun either, or the opposite one. I like my Southeastern Europe weather where i get all there is, very warm summers (it hit 40?C+ this summer) and pretty much cold winters (last year's peak was -21?C on the New Years Eve).
UK is weather is temperamental but it's an experience.

I don't mind living anywhere. I have to admit I wouldn't find overly cold temperatures that great. -35C for a couple of days I can handle. Not months of it.

Australia was fun though. It's was interesting to live in opposite seasons. Gives perspective. Also you can find most climates in Australia as well. From skilling to sunbathing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss