WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You're more than welcome to have the rain all the time.

We have a lot of cloudy days but not necessarily a lot of rain as people tend to think. The rainy areas are in Scotland where it seems it rains continuously... at least that's what the weather people tell me. I haven't seen much of the sun for some time. We get the occasional sunny break but it's been mostly cloudy for about two months now with high winds the last few weeks.
We were figuring this out a while ago, I think Ljubljana gets more rain than London, wouldn't be to surprised if it's same for Sarajevo.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I still haven't heard back from the MSFT store rep. Perhaps she is off on vacation for a few days. It is interesting to note that:
1. People are whining quite a bit on WC about 950/XL
2. People are generally excited and happy about 950/XL on Reddit
3. In general there is not much hate yet because neither has shown up on Swappa for resale or the fact that they hate it so much they end up returning the devices within a day or two so well within the return period.

I am really torn about getting one....my Nexus 5X should arrive tomorrow or Friday. The Adopted case for the 5X arrived today from Google.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

We were figuring this out a while ago, I think Ljubljana gets more rain than London, wouldn't be to surprised if it's same for Sarajevo.

Sarajevo does get quite a bit of rain, mostly cause it's between mountains. But i wouldn't say it's actually more than London. They have Atlantic ocean to thank for their climate.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So you announce a giveaway on multinational site which, to be honest, doesn't have US/Canada majority. But still, it is available just for those members.

I never dream or think about winning something (chances are astronomical) but it's humiliating to find out that you can not be a part of that giveaway in a such a way. Shame on you so called 'Mobile nation'.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sarajevo does get quite a bit of rain, mostly cause it's between mountains. But i wouldn't say it's actually more than London. They have Atlantic ocean to thank for their climate.
Actually it's about 400mm more than London.

Also just to be pedantic, our weather is strongly influenced by the jet stream. It's the reason why we're not an ice cube like Canada and can grow exotic plants.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So you announce a giveaway on multinational site which, to be honest, doesn't have US/Canada majority. But still, it is available just for those members.

I never dream or think about winning something (chances are astronomical) but it's humiliating to find out that you can not be a part of that giveaway in a such a way. Shame on you so called 'Mobile nation'.
It's not the first time they did that. Majority of news about windows comes from the US and MS is still more keen on the US market than any other.

So no surprise.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Dumped me right out of the survey. The feeling is mutual.

I thought I could possibly win for that NuAns Neo phone. Nevermind, I'll get it from Japan next year.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Dumped me right out of the survey. The feeling is mutual.

I thought I could possibly win for that NuAns Neo phone. Nevermind, I'll get it from Japan next year.
On Reddit someone mentioned that the current version only supports Japanese bands. But based on the huge amount of international interest they are planning to bring a version that supports international bands out later in 2016. Also they will be showing off the phone at CES2016 in Las Vegas.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gsmarena has a very nice and balanced review of the 950. They're one of the few sites i know that call it as it is...and often call out the fruit stand for how expensive their stuff is.

Yes, i do like the 950. And honestly, i could see myself replacing my Z3 with it. But Lord, that thing is overpriced like nobody's business. So I'll wait...especially if they do the Surface phone, these new Lumias could be had on sale for even better deals. As it stands, i have wouldn't touch them. Maybe last year if these were launched then, I'd be inclined to use the 950 as a daily driver, but i don't care for ****ty battery like these days.

MSFT, WTF with the slow camera app? Haven't we gone through this **** before?

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm looking forward to 6.0 on both my Z3 and the Moto Maxx. The Z3's battery is so ****ty now. I'm almost tempted to do a hard reset and start over...

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm looking forward to 6.0 on both my Z3 and the Moto Maxx. The Z3's battery is so ****ty now. I'm almost tempted to do a hard reset and start over...

Posted via Xperia Z3
Someone put Marshmallow on their Z3. If you want the instructions I can send those to you via email.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Talk about the cart before the horse. The Adopted case and tempered glass screen protector are here. Meanwhile I am still waiting for the Nexus 5X to show up.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm on this "I Abhor (a nod to Rue & 99 with this word) MGMT" kick at work that i don't think is going away any time soon.

There's some team meeting tomorrow where the CFO has invited himself to, along with the head of the social work department. Essentially it is a non medical meeting comprising of health educators (such as myself) and the social workers we work with closely. Those social workers direct clinical supervisor (who's a psychologist) will be present. He's cool and i have no beef with him, nor do i have any beef with the social workers' overall supervisor. The CFO in a meeting always is never a good thing and I've learned to manage him well from a distance - still, I'm not fond of him. And the regulars here know how i feel about my current supervisor on a professional level (a hint - she's less than useless). I think my supervisor has an idea I'm not fond of her because i don't hide the terseness in my voice whenever we speak. So my supervisor decided to turn this meeting into a potluck, and I've decided not to bring any food as a sign of silent protest. Two of the social workers aren't pleased with my choice but that's life.

This is why I'm looking forward to the time off from work next week as I'll be able to start solving my work issues and finishing up my school assignments without the distraction of the commute.

Folks always do what you can the best way possible, so that way whenever you choose to walk away from something you've got no regrets. That's where I'm at with work these days quite frankly...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo