WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Someone put Marshmallow on their Z3. If you want the instructions I can send those to you via email.

Thanks, but I'm not in a rush - so I'll wait. I actually would prefer to get 6.0 on my Maxx first because it'll fix the nasty battery bug from 5.0.2 which makes off the charts battery life only pretty good. Apparently, Moto is skipping 5.1 with the Maxx, like it did when it skipped 5.0 and 5.0.1 wlto jump from 4.4.4.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Talk about the cart before the horse. The Adopted case and tempered glass screen protector are here. Meanwhile I am still waiting for the Nexus 5X to show up.

I can list about 10 people off the top off the top of my head based on how they operate who constantly put the cart before the horse, and for them that is NOT a good thing...

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, but I'm not in a rush - so I'll wait. I actually would prefer to get 6.0 on my Maxx first because it'll fix the nasty battery bug from 5.0.2 which makes off the charts battery life only pretty good. Apparently, Moto is skipping 5.1 with the Maxx, like it did when it skipped 5.0 and 5.0.1 wlto jump from 4.4.4.

Posted via Xperia Z3
Cool. I do hope the battery life improves for both your devices with Marshmallow.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Gsmarena has a very nice and balanced review of the 950. They're one of the few sites i know that call it as it is...and often call out the fruit stand for how expensive their stuff is.

Yes, i do like the 950. And honestly, i could see myself replacing my Z3 with it. But Lord, that thing is overpriced like nobody's business. So I'll wait...especially if they do the Surface phone, these new Lumias could be had on sale for even better deals. As it stands, i have wouldn't touch them. Maybe last year if these were launched then, I'd be inclined to use the 950 as a daily driver, but i don't care for ****ty battery like these days.

MSFT, WTF with the slow camera app? Haven't we gone through this **** before?

Posted via Xperia Z3

For those who care to read it themselves:

www.gsmarena.com/microsoft_lumia_950-review-1347.php

Posted via Xperia Z3

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I can list about 10 people off the top off the top of my head based on how they operate who constantly put the cart before the horse, and for them that is NOT a good thing...

Posted via Xperia Z3
I'm very happy with the N5 so it will be interesting to see how the 5X turns out. Still no word from the rep at the MSFT store so no new Lumia yet. I sold the 6+ so the funds are available....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Cool. I do hope the battery life improves for both your devices with Marshmallow.

I hope so too. It's why me getting a 950 now is just not a true compliment with any of these devices...these were some of the best 2014 models that run very well still in 2015. High end market is too saturated to justifying spending an arm and a leg on a new phone.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm very happy with the N5 so it will be interesting to see how the 5X turns out. Still no word from the rep at the MSFT store so no new Lumia yet. I sold the 6+ so the funds are available....

I don't blame you if you passed on the XL and 950 for now either. They're nice, but not "knock your socks off, I've gotta have them" type nice.

Posted via Xperia Z3

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

On Reddit someone mentioned that the current version only supports Japanese bands. But based on the huge amount of international interest they are planning to bring a version that supports international bands out later in 2016. Also they will be showing off the phone at CES2016 in Las Vegas.
I'm not sure what Japanese bands are in use now, but the NuAns website clearly shows it has LTE Bands 1 and 3 which is used in the Philippines.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I actually read it... Can't blame the guy. As for me, no single platform is perfect but sadly iOS covers my bases even though my 6 hangs once in a while, mostly on mobile settings, which has not improved since 5s.
Settings and keyboard are terrible on iOS.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm using Swype on the 6 and 6. Ha ha. Honor 6 and iPhone 6...
Have you tried SwiftKey? I have a friend who uses it on his iPhone. He seems to like it.

I tried Swype and SwiftKey on Android, and I found that I like SwiftKey better.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Microsoft really needs to put WordFlow on small tablets. My 7" Windows tablet is in a drawer, since I can't type on it. 😞

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers