WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So, if i were buying tech this year, what would i get? Ideas here are to balance value for money, camera, battery life and overall performance.

Phone: LG G4 (runner up, Lumia 950)

Budget phone: Moto G (Runners up: Idol 3/Zenphone 2)

Wearable: MSFT Band 2 (runner up, Zenwatch 2)

Tablet: Asus Zenpad S 8.0 (runner up, none)

Streaming device: Shield TV (Runner up, Chromecast)

Posted via Xperia Z3

I'll probably pass on tech again this year. I might, and this is a big one, might get a new phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll go with fatigue but for me I feel it's also an age thing. I've loved tech for a large portion of my life and in some ways I'm sort of over it being so invasive.

I'm slightly disappointed with technology at this moment in time. As much as I like where MS is heading it's still a slow drag and the other two haven't done much lately to add any satisfaction.

I feel we are at stagnation point in mobile tech. The only thing really left is having one device for everything at this moment in time. Unfortunately that seems a way off still with the slow creep of CPU/RAM implementation and all the other limiting factors.

So we wait for some huge change to come which is probably sitting on some shelf at the moment...

Agreed. Maybe it is age on my end too. I used to enjoy flashing ROMs and such too, but now, I'd just rather my stuff works. I still would root but I'm not getting as many benefits as back in the old days.

Like you, I'm not pleased as to how invasive things are getting. Still, at least with the current stable i have, i can maintain some control and avoid upgrading for a while.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll probably pass on tech again this year. I might, and this is a big one, might get a new phone.

I'd love to see what you upgrade to from the Z3, if you make the move. A Shield TV is in my future. I'd rather get the Pro version, but there are other pressing things to figure out right now...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So, if i were buying tech this year, what would i get? Ideas here are to balance value for money, camera, battery life and overall performance.

Phone: LG G4 (runner up, Lumia 950)

Budget phone: Moto G (Runners up: Idol 3/Zenphone 2)

Wearable: MSFT Band 2 (runner up, Zenwatch 2)

Tablet: Asus Zenpad S 8.0 (runner up, none)

Streaming device: Shield TV (Runner up, Chromecast)

Posted via Xperia Z3
I was, still am, tempted by LG G Flex 2. It's bargain at the moment for 250?. But will probably wait for next year tech, I quite like S6 because of good camera. Oh and Moto Style us finally 400? in Europe. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was, still am, tempted by LG G Flex 2. It's bargain at the moment for 250?. But will probably wait for next year tech, I quite like S6 because of good camera. Oh and Moto Style us finally 400? in Europe. :)

I've owned a G flex 2, actually. I enjoyed it and almost kept it as my compliment to my Z3 until i saw a Maxx for a deal i couldn't refuse. 5.1.1 has made a world of a difference with this phone. It has the same camera as the G3 and flies. Good phone. Underrated and should get 6.0.

If you can tolerate the LG skin or just use a good launcher, it is a very good phone to own and use.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I've owned a G flex 2, actually. I enjoyed it and almost kept it as my compliment to my Z3 until i saw a Maxx for a deal i couldn't refuse. 5.1.1 has made a world of a difference with this phone. It has the same camera as the G3 and flies. Good phone. Underrated and should get 6.0.

If you can tolerate the LG skin or just use a good launcher, it is a very good phone to own and use.

Posted via Xperia Z3
I use Nova anyway so it doesn't bother me, I last year I have kind of fallen out of this phone world. Don't care as much for all the phones, updates I used to. Lot of work at school has taken its toll.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I use Nova anyway so it doesn't bother me, I last year I have kind of fallen out of this phone world. Don't care as much for all the phones, updates I used to. Lot of work at school has taken its toll.

So you've joined the club I see? Life will do that to you really...

It's why I'm at a point where I like reading the information these days but when I make purchases, I weight out pros and cons and longevity for usage.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I still like reading but I also used to post more on our Slovene Android forum but don't do that anymore. I used to know any phone much more into detail, I read every review that came up on GSMArena. Now I only look more into detail phones that I'm interested to buy. Lack of innovation, as you pointed out, in last year or so probably has something to do with it too :)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

What's your summary of 2015 devices? I have-

Honor 6
iPhone 6
Lumia 636
Huawei Talkband B2
Huawei Watch W1
Surface Pro 4

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

What I currently have left...
Lumia 640 - three of them, all unlocked
Nexus 5 16GB
Nexus 5X 32 GB
OnePlus X 16GB
Nexus 7 2013 16GB
LG GPad F 8.0 LTE 16GB

The list of devices that I have cycled through this year is too long but here is a snapshot...(quantity in paranthesis)
Lumia 520 (3), Lumia 822 (3), Lumia 635 (10), Lumia 1520, Lumia 830 (2), Lumia 930, Lumia 925 (2), Lumia 735
Galaxy S3, OnePlus One, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3C, Meizu MX4 Pro, Meizu M1 Note, Xiaomi Redmi 2, Xiaomi Mi Note Bamboo, Xiaomi Mi Note Pro, Moto X 2014, Moto X Pure Edition 2015 Black, MXPE 2015 Dark Wood, Nexus 6 (2), Nexus 5 (3), Elephone P7000, LG G3, Alcatel Idol OneTouch 3, Yu Yureka, LG GFlex 2
iPhone 5S (4), iPhone 6 Plus (7), iPhone 6 (5)

Wearables
Apple Watch 42mm

Tablet
DV8Pro, Encore 2, HP Stream 7, Yoga 10

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I have realized that I like pure Android better than any skin out there. I like good battery life and a nice camera and a 5" screen size. I have really tried hard to like iOS but its a no go. I am quite happy with the current lineup.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I have realized that I like pure Android better than any skin out there. I like good battery life and a nice camera and a 5" screen size. I have really tried hard to like iOS but its a no go. I am quite happy with the current lineup.

IOS is stale and boring :/ no widgets or live tiles . Always tapping everywhere , no customization , just boring :/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
What's your summary of 2015 devices? I have-

Honor 6
iPhone 6
Lumia 636
Huawei Talkband B2
Huawei Watch W1
Surface Pro 4

My list can never be as exciting as either yours or 99's.

Black Moto Maxx 64GB
Silver Green Xperia Z3
White Lumia 930
White Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
Grey Asus T100
Silver Moto 360 (2014)
Black Sony Smartwatch 3
Sony Smartband
Amazon Fire Stick

No iOS in the house.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I still like reading but I also used to post more on our Slovene Android forum but don't do that anymore. I used to know any phone much more into detail, I read every review that came up on GSMArena. Now I only look more into detail phones that I'm interested to buy. Lack of innovation, as you pointed out, in last year or so probably has something to do with it too :)

Life will do that to you. I still like to read about stuff but not buy stuff.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Until the next better deal comes along...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What I currently have left...
Lumia 640 - three of them, all unlocked
Nexus 5 16GB
Nexus 5X 32 GB
OnePlus X 16GB
Nexus 7 2013 16GB
LG GPad F 8.0 LTE 16GB

The list of devices that I have cycled through this year is too long but here is a snapshot...(quantity in paranthesis)
Lumia 520 (3), Lumia 822 (3), Lumia 635 (10), Lumia 1520, Lumia 830 (2), Lumia 930, Lumia 925 (2), Lumia 735
Galaxy S3, OnePlus One, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3C, Meizu MX4 Pro, Meizu M1 Note, Xiaomi Redmi 2, Xiaomi Mi Note Bamboo, Xiaomi Mi Note Pro, Moto X 2014, Moto X Pure Edition 2015 Black, MXPE 2015 Dark Wood, Nexus 6 (2), Nexus 5 (3), Elephone P7000, LG G3, Alcatel Idol OneTouch 3, Yu Yureka, LG GFlex 2
iPhone 5S (4), iPhone 6 Plus (7), iPhone 6 (5)

Wearables
Apple Watch 42mm

Tablet
DV8Pro, Encore 2, HP Stream 7, Yoga 10

I won't say that this was a headache to read, nor will i say that this was long list, but man...this reminds me of when i can ask a patient how many sex partners they're had and it's a dude who drops a 100+ number...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Reading through Gsmarena's 950XL review. Very positive so far...just like the 950.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos