WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Looks like I have this small corner of the big, bad Internet all to myself...ah, the possibilities of mischief I could get into are endless...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So, Donald Trump is hanging around still in the US Presidential race. The longer he lingers, the more viable his campaign "appears" to be in the eyes of some voters. While I'd expect the American voter to pay attention and steer clear away from his message, the American voter is one of the most unpredictable forces on earth. At least we'll know what our fate potentially could be by the spring of next year, once both parties select their presidential nominee.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I did a phone interview with LinkedIn today...they wanted me to give feedback on their offerings and how that aids and or hurts job seekers' efforts in their job search.

Very interesting indeed. Didn't get anything out of it, but it was an interesting process nonetheless...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Every time I switch over from my IPS screen devices after long use to my AMOLED devices, my eyes really enjoys the deeper blacks of the AMOLED even more so.

Still, I may need to reduce my on screen time to preserve my eyes...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I saw Google launched that Pixel C thing. You know, the one thing I dislike the most on my Z3 Tablet Compact is how ****ty the multitasking is. Windows is such a champ here it's not even funny. I'd really love a dual window/multi-window support on Android tablets outside of Samsung. Until then, they make Android tablets not as useful as they could be...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The stress at work has me sobered up nicely this days. There's no amount of alcohol I could drink that would make management's recent actions more palatable. And it is with that reason in mind, I excused myself from the "office festivities" on Thursday.

As I like to reminder the regular lurkers and regular here, it isn't that I dislike my job, but I'm like many employees who changed jobs - dissatisfied with management. As people, and in some ways, the management at work isn't completely terrible. They just have those NSA/CIA clandestine approach to disseminating information that directly affects people's job functions whenever they either are making changes or want to make a change.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm just waiting for 6.0 to drop on both my Maxx and Z3. Both could certainly use it, albeit for very different reasons...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I must say, that I'm on a stretch where I'm using more of the Z3 + 360 combo. It's been fine so far...I'm reconnecting with my Z3 and the 360 is still tolerable once I don't ask too much of it.

Still, for just those "let's get **** done" modes, I like the Maxx + SW3 combo better.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Every time I switch over from my IPS screen devices after long use to my AMOLED devices, my eyes really enjoys the deeper blacks of the AMOLED even more so.

Still, I may need to reduce my on screen time to preserve my eyes...

If you reduce your SOT that battery on the Maxx will last at least three days between charges😀

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I saw Google launched that Pixel C thing. You know, the one thing I dislike the most on my Z3 Tablet Compact is how ****ty the multitasking is. Windows is such a champ here it's not even funny. I'd really love a dual window/multi-window support on Android tablets outside of Samsung. Until then, they make Android tablets not as useful as they could be...

It's a very nice fridge magnet...
https://mobile.twitter.com/RonAmadeo/status/674298289374814209

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The stress at work has me sobered up nicely this days. There's no amount of alcohol I could drink that would make management's recent actions more palatable. And it is with that reason in mind, I excused myself from the "office festivities" on Thursday.

As I like to reminder the regular lurkers and regular here, it isn't that I dislike my job, but I'm like many employees who changed jobs - dissatisfied with management. As people, and in some ways, the management at work isn't completely terrible. They just have those NSA/CIA clandestine approach to disseminating information that directly affects people's job functions whenever they either are making changes or want to make a change.

Looks like I am going to miss out on our festivities due to the NY trip. Both events are actually quite good so it's a shame...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

so this is mainly for Azcruz or anyone who can steer me in the right direction. in my code after the user inputs the number and gets the outcome, I want to give them an option to return to the options menu place thing. I cant seem to find it or think of a way. I hope I'm allowed to post it :p. I'm using my own methods to find. my problem is all the way in the bottom and in cyan
public class ProgrammingAssignment4 {
public static void printGreetings(){
System.out.println("what do you want to convert today!");
System.out.println("chose a number between 1 - 7");
}
// the formula to convert fahrenhiet to celcius
public static double ConvertFtoC( double tempF ) {
double Celsius = (tempF - 32) * 5/9.0;

return Celsius;

public static void main(String[] args) {
Scanner scnr = new Scanner(System.in);
String[] tempNames;
tempNames = new String[7];
double tempC;
double tempF;
double tempK;
char input;

// greetings
printGreetings();
tempNames[0]=" 1: Fahrenheit to Celsius";
tempNames[1] = " 2: Celsius to Fahrenheit";
tempNames[2] = " 3 Kelvin to Fahrenheit ";
tempNames[3] = " 4:Fahrenheit to Kelvin";
tempNames[4] = " 5: Calsius to Kelvin " ;
tempNames[5] = " 6: Kelvin To Celsius ";
tempNames[6] = " 7: Nothing";

System.out.println(Arrays.toString(tempNames));

input = scnr.next().charAt(0);
if(input == '1') {
//Converting Fahrenheit to Celsius
System.out.println(" enter the temperature in Fahrenheit");
tempF = scnr.nextDouble();
tempC = ConvertFtoC(tempF);
System.out.println("the temp is :" + tempC +" C ");
if (tempC >= 100) {
System.out.println(" thats pretty hot thats Boiling point for water"
+ " ");
} else if (tempC < 99 && tempC >=29){
System.out.println(" that is Sweaty hot weather ");
} else if (tempC < 29 &&tempC >= 23){
System.out.println("thats T-shirt and shorts temp");
} else if ( tempC < 23 && tempC >=20) {
System.out.println("that is average room tempurature ");
} else if ( tempC < 20 && tempC >=14){
System.out.println(" that is Long sleeve shirt and Pants Tempurature"
+ " ");
} else if ( tempC < 14 && tempC >= 9){
System.out.println("that is bring out the thick jacket if you wanna "
+ "stay warm");
} else if ( tempC < 9 && tempC >=-1){
System.out.println(" that is freezing as in water freezes at this "
+ "temp ");
} else if ( tempC < -1 && tempC >= -100){
System.out.println(" so cold that you may want to reconsider going"
+ " outside especially with kids ");
} System.out.println("do you wannt to convert more temps?"); // right here is where I want an option to return back
input = scnr.next().charAt(0);

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99