WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well that escalated quickly. The question is ... Will it actually reach that many votes and pass parliament :p ? if it does pass. It will go to show people don't really like him:p

It is said in the article that the min. amount of signatures is 100K, and they have 370K so far, so i don't think this will go unnoticable.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Got one for my brother and this one is for me. So I have gone through two of them. Wife uses the fruit stand offering now. However I was told unequivocally last night to keep my hands off the grey Lumia 925...

It is such a nice phone indeed. I kinda wish sometimes i did find one of those European 32GB models...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
We talked about this on my policy class on Tuesday but the reason why Trump is still around is that unfortunately, he's tapping into the sentiment of a certain group of American voters who are tired of the ineffectiveness of D.C. politics and believe the current President is weak on things such as foreign policy, terrorism, and national security.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

We talked about this on my policy class on Tuesday but the reason why Trump is still around isbthst unfortunately, he's tapping into the sentiment of a certain group of American voters who are tired of the ineffectiveness of D.C. politics and believe the current President is weak on things such as foreign policy, terrorism, and national security.

Posted via Xperia Z3

But he gave you a better health care?
And redrawn part of your troops from Iraq? That's a bad president, wtf?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What you just said still hasn't addressed any of the concerns raised by that certain segment of the American voter Trump has called into. My own opinion is that Obama has done a decent job in the face of the fact that his hand was tied behind his back his whole time in office. Now, he wasn't perfect...i still think he did a poor job with engaging business leaders, among other things. But when someone is running for office you pick the areas the current President is weak on an claim you have solutions so you can get elected. Always been like that.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For the record, increasing access to insurance isn't the same as improving healthcare. All the affordable care act has done is increase the number of people who have access to insurance. All insurance is still not created equal. That's what I'll remember about Obama the most: had some good basic ideas, got them somewhat implemented, but could never get enough buy in from his opponents and never put his foot down enough to bully through and get certain things done when backed into a corner. He wasn't weak, but just tried to compromise too much in the wrong way.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

What you just said still hasn't addressed any of the concerns raised by that certain segment of the American voter Trump has called into. My own opinion is that Obama has done a decent job in the face of the fact that his hand was tied behind his back his whole time in office. Now, he wasn't perfect...i still think he did a poor job with engaging business leaders, among other things. But when someone is running for office you pick the areas the current President is weak on an claim you have solutions so you can get elected. Always been like that.

Posted via Xperia Z3

So when you, if you guys choose him as a president then i guess you'll have another G.W. Bush. And another weapon of mass destruction. And then you're gonna spend s***load of money on funding wars, your troops, foreign rebels. You're gonna loose hundreds of men, get in a deeper depths. Then there will rise another Obama, and then what? Cycle repeats itself.
Awesome.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

For the record, increasing access to insurance isn't the same as improving healthcare. All the affordable care act has done is increase the number of people who have access to insurance. All insurance is still not created equal. That's what I'll remember about Obama the most: had some good basic ideas, got them somewhat implemented, but could never get enough buy in from his opponents and never put his foot down enough to bully through and get certain things done when backed into a corner. He wasn't weak, but just tried to compromise too much in the wrong way.

That is true. You guys have a deal with Iran that says you're gonna supervise their nuclear program and also protect it, that means if Israel attacks them you're gonna have to go against them. As far as I know Uncle Sam is the main partner of Israel.
As you said, too many compromises.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So when you, if you guys choose him as a president then i guess you'll have another G.W. Bush. And another weapon of mass destruction. And then you're gonna spend s***load of money on funding wars, your troops, foreign rebels. You're gonna loose hundreds of men, get in a deeper depths. Then there will rise another Obama, and then what? Cycle repeats itself.
Awesome.

Please. There are many capable people who vote as Americans here, so don't overgeneralize like that. It's not like Trump is riding in on a white horse here with folks on both sides of the aisle claiming he's the next Regan.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It wouldn't fly here, sadly. My GF's mom's new husband actually knows the guy and is a supporter. Trump isn't going away any time soon...

Posted via Xperia Z3
Hopefully after November 2016 we will stop hearing about him. But I'm not holding my breath...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We talked about this on my policy class on Tuesday but the reason why Trump is still around is that unfortunately, he's tapping into the sentiment of a certain group of American voters who are tired of the ineffectiveness of D.C. politics and believe the current President is weak on things such as foreign policy, terrorism, and national security.

Posted via Xperia Z3
So called machismo and bravado is good for campaign rhetoric.... Governing is very different from campaigning. Kinda like immigration versus tourism.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

As someone who works in the healthcare industry, I can say that the whole insurance and pay per procedure system is so messed up that its not funny...keep in mind there are drawbacks to healthcare in Canada, UK, EU etc as well. This is not an easy conundrum to solve for anyone. The complexity of the problem is almost as bad as reducing the carbon footprint to impact climate change without causing economic impact to the poorest people on the planet.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Awesome.
You just passed the American Presidential Politics 101 class with flying colors!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss