WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Please. There are many capable people who vote as Americans here, so don't overgeneralize like that. It's not like Trump is ridingninnon a white horse here with folks on both sides of the aisle claiming he's the next Regan.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
Even Reagan would say he has really bad hair and all he has is reality TV hot air but no substance as far as policy and governance is concerned.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As someone who works in the healthcare industry, I can say that the whole insurance and pay per procedure system is so messed up that its not funny...keep in mind there are drawbacks to healthcare in Canada, UK, EU etc as well. This is not an easy conundrum to solve for anyone. The complexity of the problem is almost as bad as reducing the carbon footprint to impact climate change without causing economic impact to the poorest people on the planet.

The big issue around why there are issues with health care in countries where it's tax payer funded or supplemented is due to government implementing systems that are accountant based rather than care based. What happens is that they bring in a top heavy administration, introduce KPIs and then they wonder why things go wrong and why it's so expensive. Then the talks start about having a two tier system (like in Australia and here in the UK) or tuning it into a US style system because the tax payer isn't (the shareholders) aren't receiving value for money. Talk like that is what makes this whole thing depressing. It's pure business spiel designed to make it look like it's failing when in truth if they did things on a low admin, better system based the whole thing would be cost effective. But hey, what do I know?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As someone who works in the healthcare industry, I can say that the whole insurance and pay per procedure system is so messed up that its not funny...keep in mind there are drawbacks to healthcare in Canada, UK, EU etc as well. This is not an easy conundrum to solve for anyone. The complexity of the problem is almost as bad as reducing the carbon footprint to impact climate change without causing economic impact to the poorest people on the planet.

As someone else who works in the US healthcare industry, 100% ibid.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The big issue around why there are issues with health care in countries where it's tax payer funded or supplemented is due to government implementing systems that are accountant based rather than care based. What happens is that they bring in a top heavy administration, introduce KPIs and then they wonder why things go wrong and why it's so expensive. Then the talks start about having a two tier system (like in Australia and here in the UK) or tuning it into a US style system because the tax payer isn't (the shareholders) aren't receiving value for money. Talk like that is what makes this whole thing depressing. It's pure business spiel designed to make it look like it's failing when in truth if they did things on a low admin, better system based the whole thing would be cost effective. But hey, what do I know?

Too many higher level folks like phram companies, insurance companies, drug patent holders and some doctors and hospitals make the green and inflate the costs. I know I'm oversimplifying it to some degree, but that's a big chunk of it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

To boil it down quite simply, it's the money $t***d!
If things were done according to the spirit of the Hippocrates oath, then most doctors would charge the patient the right amount of money (enough to make a living and then some, its this then some that creates problems, someone may think a Bugatti Veyron is a necessity and overcharge the single payer system by finding loopholes in it) and do the right things to make the patient better (curing the patient versus charging for the procedure). But then Marketing folks at the drug and device companies will convince doctors to use their products because they are superior than their competitors and we get into the vicious cycle of money...To safeguard the public against this regulators (who will get lobbying money) will create regulations that create a lot of administrative overhead that in turn then drives up cost ceilings for services and then we get what we have currently in various places around the world.

It's almost like you get the healthcare that you deserve (em, or elect)....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My offer was to pick it up for you if you were interested. I just need to wait it out to play with the grey one I have at home...

Lol. Thanks but no. If I was totally giving up on WP, i'd say yes and just sell my 930. As it stands I don't want any carrier branded phone in my house, except for when the GF comes to visit...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Turning back to platforms for a moment.

I saw that app that came out, Propellerhead Figure and there were some making a big thing out of the fact that Windows had it but Android doesn't.

Of course the reason why is because of the portng software and nothing else. I'm sure they had no plans to release for windows or Android.

I looked up the reason for why there's no Android app and this made it very clear that they are only interested in iOS.

Reason - Android phones are all different.

I kid you not. Totally ignoring the fact the the core OS is the same...

Yeah developers they are not...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I saw that app that came out, Propellerhead Figure and there were some making a big thing out of the fact that Windows had it but Android doesn't.

Of course the reason why is because of the portng software and nothing else. I'm sure they had no plans to release for windows or Android.

I looked up the reason for why there's no Android app and this made it very clear that they are only interested in iOS.

They just don't want to have to code for multiple versions of Android, that's all. I've seen some devs set a floor in terms of their app support, so i get a little bit where they're coming from. Still, if you're trying to get paid you want to grab as much people as you can...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

They're advertising these in my country, well that's a nice thing for a change.
Altough our carriers have always supported Windows.

ls8USrk.png

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They just don't want to have to code for multiple versions of Android, that's all. I've seen some devs set a floor in terms of their app support, so i get a little bit where they're coming from. Still, if you're trying to get paid you want to grab as much people as you can...

Posted via Xperia Z3
They obviously don't care about how many people use their app as iOS was good enough.

I get the idea that Android below 5.0 may be an issue but I think they could easily get it out now and just don't support older hardware. Even old iPhones and iPads lose support eventually.

So it's really about their idea of if it's worthwhile. Not about the OS. It's the same excuse that devs used on WP really.

If Google made porting software then I bet it would suddenly show up. Devs just don't want to do more than they have to. Which you can't really blame them for.

I'm sure we'll see porting software from Google soon.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So I had pretty much resigned myself to not getting a Band 2 because there was no music control and I'm not a huge fan of the battery life. Now there are music controls but I'm still not a fan of the battery life. Decisions decisions...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So I had pretty much resigned myself to not getting a Band 2 because there was no music control and I'm not a huge fan of the battery life. Now there are music controls but I'm still not a fan of the battery life. Decisions decisions...

Battery life sucks in 90% of today's gadgets so i could close my eye on that one. I mean, if that's the only issue?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I agree with your sentiment 100%.

The Propellerhead guys were thinking we don't want to support Android but we can support WP because essentially we don't have to do much, just use Islandwood and port the app over so why not? Occasionally I will look at reviews for the app I have on Android and most of the times the great reviews are for an older version of the app and/or the bashing is done by people who are on an older version of Android. Google has been trying hard to right the ship by getting most of the stuff out of the OS and into the Play Store but it still has a ways to go...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte