WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It was very windy and rainy this morning in northern Cali. :eek:

b0bcbab279f49b2d8f7de12bca7cc25c.png

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I watched the movie San Andreas. While I don't think Cali will get a 9.6 earthquake. I think everyone knows it will be big. Either way that movie was pretty good. A lot of suspense

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

So I watched the movie San Andreas. While I don't think Cali will get a 9.6 earthquake. I think everyone knows it will be big. Either way that movie was pretty good. A lot of suspense
Yeah I watched it this weekend as well. I thought it was a lot of fun, especially the scene where he stole the truck from the looters.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Whether Cali gets a 9.6 or not is unknown even to scientist. The fact it sits on a major fault line makes it more likely than not.

It's possible that a major earthquake could end up being worse than what is known.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Whether Cali gets a 9.6 or not is unknown even to scientist. The fact it sits on a major fault line makes it more likely than not.

It's possible that a major earthquake could end up being worse than what is known.

Those guys in the US are in greater danger than they can think of. You know, Yellowstone and stuff.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Those guys in the US are in greater danger than they can think of. You know, Yellowstone and stuff.

Yellowstone is a scary thing to consider. It won't only affect the US, most likely the whole world.

There's also the 'Pacific ring of fire' which is where New Zealand is and other islands. It's basically an area ready to go poof as well. Then you add the continental drift factors of tectonic plate movements and you can worry about the next tidal wave...

We act as though nature doesn't affect us and we are somehow removed from it but in reality we're very much in a constant and ever present danger. We just choose to ignore it. :p

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Yellowstone is a scary thing to consider. It won't only affect the US, most likely the whole world.

There's also the 'Pacific ring of fire' which is where New Zealand is and other islands. It's basically an area ready to go poof as well. Then you add the continental drift factors of tectonic plate movements and you can worry about the next tidal wave...

We act as though nature doesn't affect us and we are somehow removed from it but in reality we're very much in a constant and ever present danger. We just choose to ignore it. :p

2-3 years ago i watched some documentary about Yellowstone and it's volcano, and it said it's a potential threat not only to US and Canada but also to the Europe, that those poisonous gas and ashes will be impossible to escape etc It also said that it erupted every xxx years and that it's supposed to erupt again sometimes in 2010s. And at the time, my biology teacher lived in Canada (her husband lived there, so did she, but every new school year she would come back and, well, teach, work), and once i told her all about the that volcano and stuff and she was freaked out, she really considered not to go back to Canada, lol.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

For some reason i choosed to watch Mutant Ninja Turtles (wtf?) instead of Episode I yesterday, and i must say i regret every single second of those 90 minutes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

2-3 years ago i watched some documentary about Yellowstone and it's volcano, and it said it's a potential threat not only to US and Canada but also to the Europe, that those poisonous gas and ashes will be impossible to escape etc It also said that it erupted every xxx years and that it's supposed to erupt again sometimes in 2010s. And at the time, my biology teacher lived in Canada (her husband lived there, so did she, but every new school year she would come back and, well, teach, work), and once i told her all about the that volcano and stuff and she was freaked out, she really considered not to go back to Canada, lol.

This is interesting - USGS: Volcano Hazards Program - Yellowstone FAQs: Questions About Supervolcanoes

Not as bad as I thought though just like anything it's not totally inconceivable but it's unlikely to occur.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12