WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Going by what I just read. You would be right. On top of that, it would appear it will never be a 'supervalcano' again like it was.

But again if you look at what happend in Japan, in Fukushima, they never thought that waves could reach more than 7m, in the end in some areas, waves were as high as 39m, that's not a small miscalculation. Why am i saying this? We know s*** about nature. They thought when the large tsunamis happen, it's only one quake that initiates them, it turned out that there were two in Fukushima case. The first was the large one and it made 5m high wave, the second one was much smaller but it increased the hight and the power of the tsunami enormously.

My point is, altough we do know so many stuff there's much more we actually don't know. So, God knows when and what will happen. Who could ever predict Haiti? You get my poing :d

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Going by what I just read. You would be right. On top of that, it would appear it will never be a 'supervalcano' again like it was.

It was still big nevertheless . If that were to erupt I bet I would see ashes for days or weeks according to that link . o_O I can't imagine that

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Well the chances of it happening are slim that's a relief :p I have a feeling this could be used as a joke by either Mia or 99 .

If Mia writes something on this subject i'm gonna have to spend 10 minutes trying to understand the point, lol.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If Mia writes something on this subject i'm gonna have to spend 10 minutes trying to understand the point, lol.

Oh no trust me the find ways. Ways that I didn't see coming . Then again there is also rue ;) but just for the records I can see it coming

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Ah the week where college kids dread or look forward too . Finals week .

I haven't been to school for 3 weeks now. I'm dead man walking when i get back. Every possible professor is gonna give me an exam to do, that's 12 exams in 7 work days. Damn.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

But again if you look at what happend in Japan, in Fukushima, they never thought that waves could reach more than 7m, in the end in some areas, waves were as high as 39m, that's not a small miscalculation. Why am i saying this? We know s*** about nature. They thought when the large tsunamis happen, it's only one quake that initiates them, it turned out that there were two in Fukushima case. The first was the large one and it made 5m high wave, the second one was much smaller but it increased the hight and the power of the tsunami enormously.

My point is, altough we do know so many stuff there's much more we actually don't know. So, God knows when and what will happen. Who could ever predict Haiti? You get my poing :d

The 39m is 'above sea level' and not the actual wave height.

Less than an hour after the earthquake, the first of many tsunami waves hit Japan's coastline. The tsunami waves reached run-up heights (how far the wave surges inland above sea level) of up to 128 feet (39 meters) at Miyako city and traveled inland as far as 6 miles (10 km) in Sendai. The tsunami flooded an estimated area of approximately 217 square miles (561 square kilometers) in Japan.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here's the freaky bit and just goes to show how powerful this thing really was:

Amazing facts
Here are some of the amazing facts about the Japan earthquake and tsunami.

The earthquake shifted Earth on its axis of rotation by redistributing mass, like putting a dent in a spinning top.
The temblor also shortened the length of a day by about a microsecond.
More than 5,000 aftershocks hit Japan in the year after the earthquake, the largest a magnitude 7.9.
About 250 miles (400 km) of Japan's northern Honshu coastline dropped by 2 feet (0.6 meters), according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The jolt moved Japan's main island of Honshu eastward by 8 feet (2.4 meters).
The Pacific Plate slid westward near the epicenter by 79 feet (24 m).
In Antarctica, the seismic waves from the earthquake sped up the Whillans Ice Stream, jolting it by about 1.5 feet (0.5 meters).
The tsunami broke icebergs off the Sulzberger Ice Shelf in Antarctica.
As the tsunami crossed the Pacific Ocean, a 5-foot high (1.5 m) high wave killed more than 110,000 nesting seabirds at the Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge.
In Norway, water in fjords pointing toward Japan sloshed back and forth as seismic waves from the earthquake raced through.
The earthquake produced a low-frequency rumble called infrasound, which traveled into space and was detected by the Goce satellite.
Buildings destroyed by the tsunami released thousands of tons of ozone-destroying chemicals and greenhouse gases into the air.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It was still big nevertheless . If that were to erupt I bet I would see ashes for days or weeks according to that link . o_O I can't imagine that
In Orland you would be covered in a layer of ash/soot that is about 1 foot thick.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The more I read about all the issues with WM10, I am quite happy with WP8.1.1 on my 640. I am going to sit tight till the issues are all sorted out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Good enough start to the day so far...I won this week's weekly office pool and my first round match-up on the fantasy football league playoffs.

Next up is the #1 seed who's riding a 10 game winning streak.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers