WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

A sister took a photo of her brother outside their house and edited it with Camera360. Posted on social networks and what happend then is a typical stupid media reaction, no thinking, no checking information, just trying to be the first to deliver idiotic news. On the picture was a 'NLO' flying behind her brother. To make the thing even worse they mislead their parents and made them believe that there actually was an NLO above their house, and they even spoke confidendtaly about it once the reporters came and interviewed them.

I just can't believe how some people can be so stupid.

YT video

nlo-iznad-banja-luke-vidjeli-smo-ga-neka-dou-strucnjaci-504x335-20151250-20151214100904-fe0d61f4a008db51b2d36167b16767cf.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't celebrate Xmas unless I have to.

My celebration is typically going away. Which is what I'm doing this year.
Me too. Going to NYC on Thursday and coming back on Christmas day! And then it again for a bit for the new year's weekend.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So this was a gift from our mortgage provider. Wasn't expected so a nice touch.
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/15/9341bcae194f68217e9b05195ee949bf.jpg
That is cool. I just got $250 in credit which I gladly took it. My first house the real estate agent actually helped me with some repairs and a $100 gift card along with free firewood for life☺ The second house the agent was a friend who helped us out with the purchase of a washer and dryer set.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That is cool. I just got $250 in credit which I gladly took it. My first house the real estate agent actually helped me with some repairs and a $100 gift card along with free firewood for life☺ The second house the agent was a friend who helped us out with the purchase of a washer and dryer set.

We also got cash back with the mortgage but it wasn't anything too significant. Helped cover some costs.

Now however money is going out. Work has started on the house. We've bought some things. Then there will be more work and more things to buy. LOL! Never ending...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

A sister took a photo of her brother outside their house and edited it with Camera360. Posted on social networks and what happend then is a typical stupid media reaction, no thinking, no checking information, just trying to be the first to deliver idiotic news. On the picture was a 'NLO' flying behind her brother. To make the thing even worse they mislead their parents and made them believe that there actually was an NLO above their house, and they even spoke confidendtaly about it once the reporters came and interviewed them.

I just can't believe how some people can be so stupid.

YT video

http://www.24sata.hr/image/nlo-izna...14100904-fe0d61f4a008db51b2d36167b16767cf.jpg
Lol, the end of video is amazing.
Reporter said: the premiere of movie Star Wars is in couple day, looks like one of the UFOs decided to have a premiere few days earlier 😂

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Lol, the end of video is amazing.
Reporter said: the premiere of movie Star Wars is in couple day, looks like one of the UFOs decided to have a premiere few days earlier 😂

I cried when watching that one, lol.
I kinda knew you'll be the only one to respond this one.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We also got cash back with the mortgage but it wasn't anything too significant. Helped cover some costs.

Now however money is going out. Work has started on the house. We've bought some things. Then there will be more work and more things to buy. LOL! Never ending...

It is back breaking sometimes, it is frustrating sometimes and very rarely it is fun. I am not a fan of plumbing issues. Built a deck, poured a concrete slab, brought about 30 tons of rock from the forest to landscape, cut down 16 diseased Aspen trees, ripped out the lawn, backfilled about 6000 square feet with 4 dump trucks worth of dirt, hauled about 100 railroad ties to make planting beds, planted too many shrubs/trees, replaced the dishwasher, built new closets, fixed the water softener plumbing, replaced all toilet and sink piping and fixtures, put in a new kitchen sink. These are the things I can remember between 2001 November and 2005 December. There were other little odds and ends as well....oh the joys or horrors of homeownership!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I know there are a bunch of Android users on this thread. Some like MIA are waiting for Marshmallow.
The reason I like Nexus devices is updates OTA that come fast...just got 6.0.1 on my N5.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It is back breaking sometimes, it is frustrating sometimes and very rarely it is fun. I am not a fan of plumbing issues. Built a deck, poured a concrete slab, brought about 30 tons of rock from the forest to landscape, cut down 16 diseased Aspen trees, ripped out the lawn, backfilled about 6000 square feet with 4 dump trucks worth of dirt, hauled about 100 railroad ties to make planting beds, planted too many shrubs/trees, replaced the dishwasher, built new closets, fixed the water softener plumbing, replaced all toilet and sink piping and fixtures, put in a new kitchen sink. These are the things I can remember between 2001 November and 2005 December. There were other little odds and ends as well....oh the joys or horrors of homeownership!

That sounds like a lot of work...

In the next seven weeks are schedule is:

- Removal of all carpets (most are done just have one more)
- Remove old kitchen (half done)
- Plaster main bedroom
- Paint main bedroom
- Remove old bathroom fittings
- Remodel bathroom (building half wall, wall plastering, painting, tiling and new fittings)
- Second bedroom - filling cracks, new window and painting
- Install new carpet upstairs in bedrooms and hallway
- Move gas meter, electrical meter and breaker box (they call it a consumer unit here). Unfortunately we can't move these outside so a cover will be constructed to look like a window seat
- Remove chair rails, wallpaper
- Fill cracks and paint (some plastering will need to be done as well)
- Fill opening in wall between old kitchen and new kitchen
- Install new bathroom downstairs and utility area
- Install new kitchen
- Install new flooring

After all that...
- Tidy up garden (half done)
- Paint exterior of garage
- Paint interior of garage

That's just a general guide of things. There's more to it than what I posted but you get the idea. :p

It probably won't all be done in the time scale we want due to the utility companies and the holidays but we're hoping to get the main aspects done so we can move in.

Nothing like a renovation project to keep you up at night. :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

No I'm just not the xmas type. I'm really over the music and the whole thing now. :p Just want it over with already. I like decorations mind you. They do look pretty.
Does everything get promoted really early in the UK? Here in the US, I saw Christmas items in stores before Halloween. When I was a kid, that didn't happen until the day after Thanksgiving.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Does everything get promoted really early in the UK? Here in the US, I saw Christmas items in stores before Halloween. When I was a kid, that didn't happen until the day after Thanksgiving.

Yeah Xmas starts earlier every year it seems. I sometimes wonder why they just don't make up another holiday mid year and have more than one celebration where you give useless pointless gifts to make you feel better about yourself...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo