WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

A sister took a photo of her brother outside their house and edited it with Camera360. Posted on social networks and what happend then is a typical stupid media reaction, no thinking, no checking information, just trying to be the first to deliver idiotic news. On the picture was a 'NLO' flying behind her brother. To make the thing even worse they mislead their parents and made them believe that there actually was an NLO above their house, and they even spoke confidendtaly about it once the reporters came and interviewed them.

I just can't believe how some people can be so stupid.

http://www.24sata.hr/image/nlo-izna...14100904-fe0d61f4a008db51b2d36167b16767cf.jpg

I was going to comment but I got really busy. Also I wasn't aware of the term NLO.... We usually use UFO for Unidentified Flying Object.

I don't believe we've ever been visited by aliens and I highly doubt we ever will. The universe is a big place and we're pretty much a backwater.

Do I think there is other life in the universe? Yes of course. Do I think there is other 'intelligent' life on other planets? Highly probable. Do I think they look like humans? Not sure. Do I think there's technological societies out there who have managed to manipulate physics so they can travel vast distances quickly. That's something I can't answer but I think it's unlikely.

If aliens were ever to visit, it would be a moving colony living in space more than them just being curious and capturing 'red necks' in small towns and doing experiments on them. They would likely be looking for resources. Going by what we're doing to this planet they'd probably bypass it.

That's my two cents on the whole UFO thing and our weird obsession with them.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Yeah Xmas starts earlier every year it seems. I sometimes wonder why they just don't make up another holiday mid year and have more than one celebration where you give useless pointless gifts to make you feel better about yourself...
That's sad.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I was going to comment but I got really busy. Also I wasn't aware of the term NLO.... We usually use UFO for Unidentified Flying Object.

I don't believe we've ever been visited by aliens and I highly doubt we ever will. The universe is a big place and we're pretty much a backwater.

Do I think there is other life in the universe? Yes of course. Do I think there is other 'intelligent' life on other planets? Highly probable. Do I think they look like humans? Not sure. Do I think there's technological societies out there who have managed to manipulate physics so they can travel vast distances quickly. That's something I can't answer but I think it's unlikely.

If aliens were ever to visit, it would be a moving colony living in space more than them just being curious and capturing 'red necks' in small towns and doing experiments on them. They would likely be looking for resources. Going by what we're doing to this planet they'd probably bypass it.

I did enjoy the X-Files TV show.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I wanted to write UFO but i got confused and wrote Bosnian term, lol.

To be honest i don't really believe that there are inteligent life forms out there, maybe some micro organisams or stuff like that, but most surely not what Sci Fi is showing us.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wanted to write UFO but i got confused and wrote Bosnian term, lol.

To be honest i don't really believe that there are inteligent life forms out there, maybe some micro organisams or stuff like that, but most surely not what Sci Fi is showing us.

Considering the size of universe and the fact we only just started counting the planets, I think the idea of other intelligent life is likely. What that other life looks like is a different story. I'm not thinking Star Trek here.

I'm also talking universe not solar system. If there is life in our solar system it's likely to be like you suggested.

Whole other planets which can support life on the other hand, that can lead to all kinds of things. Keeping in mind that life may have started 4 billion of years ago on this planet but it was microscopic for a very large portion of that time. There are other parts of the universe which are much older than our planet so that's why I think the way I do.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was 7 when I saw the original, and it's still my all time favorite movie.

I know I saw V and VI in the theatre. I don't recall seeing IV in there. I would have been 6 at the time of release of IV.

It's hard to remember that far back sometimes.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Well i'm not saying you're wrong. Sure there are possiblities considering the size of the universe as you said.

But it's just impossible to proove that there is or isn't life outside our solar system (i think they found something on Mars, not sure). It's same like trying to proove that there isn't a God, or that there is, don't get me wrong here. It's just a matter of your beliefs and your point of view.

Until they show us some serious evidence, i'm just not buying it.

And those UFO hunters and conspiracy theorist about aliens and stuff are seriously going on my nerves. *cough* History Channel

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well i'm not saying you're wrong. Sure there are possibilities considering the size of the universe as you said.

Water is abundant in the universe and is easily found. That's already a positive towards life being abundant rather than no life.

But it's just impossible to prove that there is or isn't life outside our solar system (i think they found something on Mars, not sure). It's same like trying to prove that there isn't a God, or that there is, don't get me wrong here. It's just a matter of your beliefs and your point of view.

Beliefs are just that. Beliefs. Evidence is all we have and to most that's not enough because we have subjective thinking. To me there's enough evidence to conclude there's no supernatural realm, whatever your beliefs may be, but many 'feel' otherwise and to convince them is difficult. Even when people have a more rational mind, it's not always easy to let go of those ideas.

Until they show us some serious evidence, i'm just not buying it.

Evidence will be hard to come by. Even if they ever get it the question will always be, who will believe it.

And those UFO hunters and conspiracy theorist about aliens and stuff are
seriously going on my nerves. *cough* History Channel

That and ghost hunting shows, supernatural nonsense stuff, psychics, Oprah, etc... all get on my nerves.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Oh man, i whish i had never went to David Draiman's twitter and read all those Israel/Palestine related tweets.

Man's got too much hatred in himself.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That sounds like a lot of work...

In the next seven weeks are schedule is:

- Removal of all carpets (most are done just have one more)
- Remove old kitchen (half done)
- Plaster main bedroom
- Paint main bedroom
- Remove old bathroom fittings
- Remodel bathroom (building half wall, wall plastering, painting, tiling and new fittings)
- Second bedroom - filling cracks, new window and painting
- Install new carpet upstairs in bedrooms and hallway
- Move gas meter, electrical meter and breaker box (they call it a consumer unit here). Unfortunately we can't move these outside so a cover will be constructed to look like a window seat
- Remove chair rails, wallpaper
- Fill cracks and paint (some plastering will need to be done as well)
- Fill opening in wall between old kitchen and new kitchen
- Install new bathroom downstairs and utility area
- Install new kitchen
- Install new flooring

After all that...
- Tidy up garden (half done)
- Paint exterior of garage
- Paint interior of garage

That's just a general guide of things. There's more to it than what I posted but you get the idea.

It probably won't all be done in the time scale we want due to the utility companies and the holidays but we're hoping to get the main aspects done so we can move in.

Nothing like a renovation project to keep you up at night.
Nice remodeling project! After we moved out we have had to use contractors to paint the house inside and out, replace the roof, replace the garage door, replace the carpet, install tile in bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room and entry way. Next up is replacing the windows and installing granite countertops and new bathroom cabinets. We may or may not replace the kitchen cabinets. And on the ultimate wish list is to convert kitchen stove from electric to gas and replace the wood burning fireplace with a gas one.

That house is now 30 years old and the harsh weather in AZ high desert doesn't help. We have kept it for sentimental reasons...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Does everything get promoted really early in the UK? Here in the US, I saw Christmas items in stores before Halloween. When I was a kid, that didn't happen until the day after Thanksgiving.
It seems to be getting worse every year in the last 10 years or so...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice remodeling project! After we moved out we have had to use contractors to paint the house inside and out, replace the roof, replace the garage door, replace the carpet, install tile in bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room and entry way. Next up is replacing the windows and installing granite countertops and new bathroom cabinets. We may or may not replace the kitchen cabinets. And on the ultimate wish list is to convert kitchen stove from electric to gas and replace the wood burning fireplace with a gas one.

That house is now 30 years old and the harsh weather in AZ high desert doesn't help. We have kept it for sentimental reasons...

I forgot about the front door and the garage doors... LOL! The front one will be replaced after the renovations. The garage will be around the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720