WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It is. She wanted the same 10" one she bought her husband last year (i updated his to 5.0.2 when we went visit them for July 4th this year).

Yup, so front facing speakers so you can hear better during video chats, crisp screen and good performance? Nope, she doesn't want that, she wants a Galaxy.

Posted via Xperia Z3
Most of the people I know who use Android devices have Samsung. I have one cousin who has a 2014 Moto X, but that's it.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Hard reset was supposed to be our last solution for issues, not to create new ones.
I hard reseted my 640 the first time i downloaded a preview and since then i can't connect it to PC.
Well that's just lovely.

You seem to have problems with wm10 for me it's the opposite :p I have no problems :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So MSFT has done me a solid with this $50 off for the Band 2. Wanna see if i can get it in the store tonight after work. Otherwise, I'll order it online.

Posted via Xperia Z3

My band is on its last legs . While it still works the rubber part is detaching from the display . I would buy the band 2 since its 50$ but I can't buy because I have other things to buy :(

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So MSFT has done me a solid with this $50 off for the Band 2. Wanna see if i can get it in the store tonight after work. Otherwise, I'll order it online.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Mission accomplished. Screen protector needed.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Attachments

• 181574.jpg
    181574.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 7

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My band is on its last legs . While it still works the rubber part is detaching from the display . I would buy the band 2 since its 50$ but I can't buy because I have other things to buy :(

That sucks. This is why you stash away part of the college refund at the start of the semester...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Most of the people I know who use Android devices have Samsung. I have one cousin who has a 2014 Moto X, but that's it.

I think the Samsung sheep as almost as obnoxious as the Apple clansmen...

Meanwhile samsung pushes out software updates to their tablets by launching a newer tablet with the newer software. Now, why would i recommend that to the GF in good conscience?

Mother in law is like: "nah bruh, who cares about software updates? I wanted a Galaxy."

Posted via Xperia Z3

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That sucks. This is why you stash away part of the college refund at the start of the semester...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Well it was either between the tv or the band 2. ;p I only buy two expensive thing a year and this time it was a tv and surface 3 Next year I want either an iPod / phone. Or band and a phone or build a computer and buy a band .

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just say, i do like going to the MSFT store. I picked up the GF's Band 2 and paid easily. Most interesting was that the MSFT associates were using black 930s as their mobile Point of Sale devices.

I got into a very good conversation with an associate who talked about downloading custom workouts onto her OG Band. I'll pass that along to the GF so if we go away or she comes by me to visit she can bring her workout gear and work out - that way i don't hear the kvteching about how she's missing her workouts...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well it was either between the tv or the band 2. ;p I only buy two expensive thing a year and this time it was a tv and surface 3 Next year I want either an iPod / phone. Or band and a phone or build a computer and buy a band .

I'm sure you know you can build a very decent righ on the cheap via Tigerdirect or Newegg...that's what i did with the GF two months ago...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I think the Samsung sheep as almost as obnoxious as the Apple clansmen...

Meanwhile ssung pushes out software updates to their tablets by launching a newer tablet with the newer software. Now, why would i recommend that to the GF in good conscience?

Mother in law is like: "nah bruh, who cares about software updates? I wanted a Galaxy."

Posted via Xperia Z3
I was at Sam's Club yesterday looking at tablets while waiting for my tire rotation. I didn't bother looking at the cheap off brand tablets or the iPads, but I did look at 2 of the Samsung tablets. One was running 5.1.1. The other one was still on 4.4.2, which is 2 years old.

Incidentally, my neighborhood Sam's Club only sells cases for iPhones and various Samsung Galaxy/Samsung Galaxy Note. You're out of luck with phone cases if you don't have an iPhone or a Samsung device.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure you know you can build a very decent righ on the cheap via Tigerdirect or Newegg...that's what i did with the GF two months ago...

Posted via Xperia Z3

I know I can but I'm trying to move up from core 2 quad on ddr2 memory to core i5(haswell or ivy ) on ddr3 or ddr4 :p I know it's going to be more than 300$

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was at Sam's Club yesterday looking at tablets while waiting for my tire rotation. I didn't bother looking at the cheap off brand tablets or the iPads, but I did look at 2 of the Samsung tablets. One was running 5.1.1. The other one was still on 4.4.2, which is 2 years old.

Incidentally, my neighborhood Sam's Club only sells cases for iPhones and various Samsung Galaxy/Samsung Galaxy Note. You're out of luck with phone cases if you don't have an iPhone or a Samsung device.

If i were buying an Android tablet this year (as in if i never owned one), it'd be the 8" variety. The only two I'd consider would be the Zenpad S and the Z3 Tablet Compact. Nothing else out there in the tablet space is really grabbing. The Z4 Tab is nice but Sony overpriced as usual. I like the multi-window function on a tablet but won't get a Samsung just for that.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know I can but I'm trying to move up from core 2 quad on ddr2 memory to core i5(haswell or ivy ) on ddr3 or ddr4 :p I know it's going to be more than 300$

Point is, you can find a good rig at the right price. All depends what you want to buy.

I don't need all that power these days for my needs. My 5 y.o. dual core rig runs just fine. It doesn't have the drivers for the free upgrade to Windows 10, but I'm fine with it.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077