WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Tommorow is the D Day for me. Going to traumatologist to have my leg checked and hopefuly to remove this gypsium, or whatever you guys call it, off my leg.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Tommorow is the D Day for me. Going to traumatologist to have my leg checked and hopefuly to remove this gypsium, or whatever you guys call it, off my leg.

Most English speakers refer to it as a plaster of Paris cast or plaster cast or 'cast' for short. So in your case a leg cast. You can also have an arm cast and even a body cast.

The term comes from the art industry where casts or moulds are made for various things.

In the UK a bandage for a cut is typically called a plaster no idea why.

Cast is also the term used for movies and TV shows for the group of actors.

Cast is also used for a ship setting sail, as in 'casting off'.

You can also 'cast' something to someone.

Also in when fishing you 'cast your line'.

Because you know,English...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Most English speakers refer to it as a plaster of Paris cast or plaster cast or 'cast' for short. So in your case a leg cast. You can also have an arm cast and even a body cast.

The term comes from the art industry where casts or moulds are made for various things.

It could never come to my mind that a 'cast' could be used to describe such a thing. Mould maybe, i was thinking of it, but cast, nope.

And here in Bosnia among the other words for bandage we use plaster too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The weather here is completely crap. It was pretty warm over the weekend and now there's we have major gusts of wind and rain. Plus it's cooled quite a bit. Looks like winter is finally here. :p

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

The weather here is completely crap. It was pretty warm over the weekend and now there's we have major gusts of wind and rain. Plus it's cooled quite a bit. Looks like winter is finally here.
it's warm over here. Today we at least didn't get fog so this is nice. It's cloudy though.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I never really though about how much we use cast in different meanings

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The weather here is completely crap. It was pretty warm over the weekend and now there's we have major gusts of wind and rain. Plus it's cooled quite a bit. Looks like winter is finally here. :p

You say crap I say lovely I am enjoying the weather right now ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450740153.908630.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Good time at the barber's today...got a haircut and two complimentary shots of good vodka (my barbers are Russians with a Jewish background).

Headed home in a nice mood.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Dang that's warm for this time of year. This time last year, you had snow for days.

Wednesday will be a record of 73...beating the old mark on 63 for this time of year.

I'm not itching for snow, but this warm weather reminds me that global warming is alive and well, sadly...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Mission accomplished. Screen protector needed.

Posted via Xperia Z3

So I gave this to the GF early before the screen protector arrived. She's a Google user so I created a MSFT email account, downloaded them health app onto her note 5 and configured the app...all before I gave her the band. All she has to do now is pair it and start using it...

I scored a win for Xmas with that.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm in a love-hate realtionship...with Android Wear. I love both my 360 and my SW3. I hate the ambient light sensor on the 360 and I hate how impossible it is to finding the metal strap for the SW3.

I swear, if I could take the SW3's TFT screen + GPS + chipset and drop it into the 360 while keeping the 360's design, HR monitor and the Qi, I'd be all set. The problem is that I want another round wat h and have no problem selling the Moto 360, except for the fact that the upgrades are overpriced. Too overpriced. Sigh...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm in a love-hate realtionship...with Android Wear. I love both my 360 and my SW3. I hate the ambient light sensor on the 360 and I hate how impossible it is to finding the metal strap for the SW3.

I swear, if I could take the SW3's TFT screen + GPS + chipset and drop it into the 360 while keeping the 360's design, HR monitor and the Qi, I'd be all set. The problem is that I want another round wat h and have no problem selling the Moto 360, except for the fact that the upgrades are overpriced. Too overpriced. Sigh...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
Maybe something you like will be introduced at CES.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm at the hospital at the moment, waiting for traumatologist. I've got bloody 30 minutes to wait but i guess the good thing is that i already got my number, and i'm second one to go.
I guess (and hope) this wil be my, by far, the shortest visit to a hospital.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm at the hospital at the moment, waiting for traumatologist. I've got bloody 30 minutes to wait but i guess the good thing is that i already got my number, and i'm second one to go.
I guess (and hope) this wil be my, by far, the shortest visit to a hospital.

Is there such a thing as a short visit to a hospital? :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe something you like will be introduced at CES.

I'm not holding my breath. It's not that the platform is bad, but i have a hard time ponying up cash for a watch that'll get obsolete a lot more quickly than a phone would at the prices they're asking for Wear devices these days, frankly.

I like what LG has done in the watch space. I just think Moto hit a home run with their design but the ambient light sensor placement is horrid.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs