WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I'm getting the new phone itch...I'm thinking that the only two phones that i would upgrade to for 2015 are the Moto X Force and the G4. If i didn't like the Moto Maxx as much as i do, I'd have gotten a G4 this year to compliment my Z3 and leave that as my daily driver.

I probably won't act on that itch, but maybe I'll get better at using the Z3's camera and call it a day.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I must say, i see a lot more LG devices in the wild in my new ck of the woods these days. Most of those are the cheap LGs, but the most common ones are the G3 (surprisingly) and the Stylo. I've see a G4 in the wild occasionally.

I saw a black and lime yellow accented Moto X 2105 today. I like the phone, but figured they went too far with the size. I'd pick a X Force because of it being more pocket friendly, but i don't need an unbreakable scree.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know, it's in rainy weather like this i enjoy using my Z3 and not having to be too kind to it and worry about water damage. If only Sony could have tweaked their software better for the camera...SMH...

Posted via Xperia Z3
The camera isn't that bad. I've seen worse but I will agree that it could be better.

Hopefully 6.0 brings some improvements.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nope, i don't celebrate Christmas :grin:
I'm muslim.
I don't cerebrate Xmas either unless I have to (family).

I'm going to enjoy flying out tomorrow just because. :)

For those of you not up on holidays in other parts of the world. In a lot of EU countries today is when Xmas is celebrated.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Mine is water resistant so I'm free to wash mine off any time I feel it is dusty or messy. Doubt you can do that with your 830.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
The Z3 is IP68. :)

It can take a full dunk in water but so long as it's fresh water and not longer than 30 mins and only up to a metre. Then it needs to dry prior to using again.

Need to keep in mind that the devices are specified by the manufacturer as to what they can withstand.

Saying that I wouldn't dunk mind anyway.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So the best Christmas present I got so far was pointed out by the GF...after work ends tomorrow evening, I'm not back in the office until next Tuesday. A four day holiday weekend.

Not bad...I surely earned it...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
Mine is being off for two weeks. :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I don't cerebrate Xmas either unless I have to (family).

I'm going to enjoy flying out tomorrow just because. :)

For those of you not up on holidays in other parts of the world. In a lot of EU countries today is when Xmas is celebrated.
There are also a lot of folks who won't be celebrating Christmas until 7 January.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of Eastern Orthodox, the wedding ceremony in Deer Hunter was filmed at St Theodosius Russian Orthodox Cathedral in Cleveland. The reception took place at Lemko Hall, which had been a social club at the time. It is now an apartment building/art gallery. My friend's great aunt and great uncle (now deceased) were extras in the reception scene and helped teach the actors/actresses how to dance.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's all very confusing isn't it?

Humans, can't agree on anything...
I remember one year going to an art walk in the Tremont/Southside neighborhood with my friends. This is the neighborhood where St Theodosius/Lemko Hall are located. We saw a huge crowd having a procession and were puzzled. It turned out it was a Good Friday procession by the Orthodox Christians. Their Good Friday/Easter doesn't always correspond with that of Western Christians, due to the differences in the Julian and Gregorian calendars.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And we have the Philippines calendar with impromptu holidays, you'll never know when we'll have one! Screws up businesses big time.

You know with all these calendars it's just a bit silly.

With our scientific advances and our basically knowing how long a year takes, a day takes, when important events take place like solstices and equinoxes you'd think we'd get away from all this silliness and just have one calendar based on science.... but then, that would be asking too much wouldn't it?

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The Z3 is IP68. :)

It can take a full dunk in water but so long as it's fresh water and not longer than 30 mins and only up to a metre. Then it needs to dry prior to using again.

Need to keep in mind that the devices are specified by the manufacturer as to what they can withstand.

Saying that I wouldn't dunk mind anyway.

Yours has been so beat up it probably feels more IP55 (the Z2's rating) than IP68...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The camera isn't that bad. I've seen worse but I will agree that it could be better.

Hopefully 6.0 brings some improvements.

That's why i still have it, as it can produce some good shots. I doubt Sony will tweak the camera software for the Z3 line. It would be nice if they did though.

My issue as to why i haven't been trolling for a new phone is that while camera is in my top 3 for pictures, i don't use it as much based on my schedule. Now, it showed up big time with being in Magic City with the GF, as i got some mixed shots with the Z3. Still, i will admit that if i was unable to find the Moto Maxx i was going to get a G4.

I like how the G4 felt in hand. Of course that plastic back would go in the box for a leather back (or two). I'll play with another one and see.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Should be a smooth day at work. Going to use the quiet time to tie up some loose ends.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb