WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I was also going to ask if you were still living at your apartment while working on your house. I hope you get the majority done before the end of this month.
Trying but we'll see. There's been some extra surprises we weren't planning on. Such is the situatiin of buying a unloved house.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hope it's not as bad as the house in the Tom Hanks' movie The Money Pit.

I've never seen the movie to be honest. I don't think ours is so much a money pit as it is a house that's been ignored and not kept up to date. It's not falling down or anything. It's just been neglected for many years and we're having to fix all those things that need fixing so that when we go to sell in the future we'll hopefully avoid any issues.

This is one of the reasons why I hate the housing market here. There are many people who purchase houses for the sole purpose of renting it out and they never fix the houses when they need it. Our house is one of those. Apparently the last tenants there did more damage but I would say the house was in poor shape prior to that.

Anyway, to put it into perspective. We're basically gutting the place (as you may have noticed from the pic I put up). The electrics and heating are being redone. We're putting in a downstairs bathroom. A new kitchen. New floors. New carpet. New upstairs bathroom. New windows.

We had the roof repaired. A window repaired and we're getting the electrical and gas meters moved.

By the end of this week the heating and electrics will be mostly done and this weekend I plan to fit the kitchen. Lots of fun. :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've never seen the movie to be honest. I don't think ours is so much a money pit as it is a house that's been ignored and not kept up to date. It's not falling down or anything. It's just been neglected for many years and we're having to fix all those things that need fixing so that when we go to sell in the future we'll hopefully avoid any issues.
The movie is funny, since something breaks almost constantly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Money_Pit

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Headed to work still all beat up. I'm off tomorrow, so the goal is just to get through today.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Totally agree, what a shock. He just released an album too!

I haven't heard the new album but it's apparently really good. Also it would appear he knew that he was dying too as some of the songs suggest that.

A true artist all round.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I haven't heard the new album but it's apparently really good. Also it would appear he knew that he was dying too as some of the songs suggest that.

A true artist all round.

From what i skimmed, he was battle some type of cancer.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

From what i skimmed, he was battle some type of cancer.

Yeah they just said cancer over the last 18 months but they didn't say of where or what. Possibly to avoid people saying stupid things would be my guess or they haven't released the information yet.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's a bit of a shock that David Bowie is dead. That really sucks. :unhappy:

I'm not that much into his work, but it is a shame. Just how many singers, not just singers, but legends too, died in last few months.

I think Lemmy's death affected the most people.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

My head is killing me. It's all because of this wind, they issued yellow alarm last night i think.

Gotta take a nap and see if it's going to help me at all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think Lemmy's death affected the most people.

I think your bias for heavy music is showing. :winktongue:

I'm not in for comparison but I think Bowie's music touched more people's life than Lemmy's. There are several generations of Bowie fans and yes I know there's similar with Motorhead but Bowie's was more accessible to the masses. That's where the difference is.

To me there's nothing more depressing than getting older and seeing those music stars die. Makes one feel real old.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
You've decided to give NJ Transit a break today?

**** no. In fact, I've got to call and YELL at them on my lunch break in a few minutes as it's been a week since the machine ate my $52 and no one has reached out to me.

I don't give a **** how cash strapped they are, they're not getting free money from me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte