WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I can read, write and speak English, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Montenegrian, Slovenian, a bit of Macedonian and German, lol.

But those first four are like saying you can speak English, American and Australian.
Trust me when I say this. You can put a Brit, Aussie and an American together and there's a strong possibility they won't understand each other.

Especially if they all use slang.

The Britt and the Aussie have a better chance of understanding the American though as there's so much US TV here and in Oz.

The America will probably say, wut? A lot.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Trust me when I say this. You can put a Brit, Aussie and an American together and there's a strong possibility they won't understand each other.

The Britt and the Aussie have a better chance of understanding the American though as there's so much US TV here and in Oz.

Say, Wut????

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Depending on where the American is from there's a good change they wouldn't find the UK or Australia on a map. Not to mention Canada...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I am of course picking on the US a touch but they do tend to have a very isolated mindset in some places.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've been to a few of those places so I'm speaking from experience. I still shiver at the thought.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well we wouldn't understand each other everything either, we would figure something out from context.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I remember an episode of "Foyle's War" that showed the American GI's and the British townspeople having difficulty understanding each other.

I've seen a lot of BBC and Australian shows on Netflix.

The hardest movie for me to understand was "Trainspotting".

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am of course picking on the US a touch but they do tend to have a very isolated mindset in some places.

Believe it or not, there are some parts of Murica they haven't seen a brown person in person. Wouldn't be surprised if the same folks don't know where Canada is...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Believe it or not, there are some parts of Murica they haven't seen a brown person in person. Wouldn't be surprised if the same folks don't know where Canada is...

The only brown they know is the UPS truck.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I remember an episode of "Foyle's War" that showed the American GI's and the British townspeople having difficulty understanding each other.

Snatch was a bit crazy to understand as well...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Try watching the Australian movie The Castle. Watch they Aussie version of it as there's an international release for it. That's of course if you can find it.

If you can understand The Castle you will understand Australians to some extent. I saw it within the first few months when I lived there and was totally confused. When I saw it again after more than a year there I laughed the whole way through it. It's a comedy but it's more than that.

I haven't seen Trainspotting but it's suppose to be good.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Depending on where the American is from there's a good change they wouldn't find the UK or Australia on a map. Not to mention Canada...

I watched some clip, or was it a full documentary movie, can't really remember. Where a reporter was going through a town and asking few questions to random people. The question was something like 'What do you think who's next to get in war with US, and can you show them to us on a map?'
The funny part were not their answers, some was saying, France, Germany, some were naming other Asian countries. But the hilarious part was when they were acctually showing the reporter the locations of these countries on a map. They have missplaced countries not just by a little, but they were thinking France was in Africa and stuff like that.
And then Americans get pi**** off when people question their education, lol. Stereotypes, i know, but there's always some truth to it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

My friend, i must tell you that you have been in fallacy for your whole life. You are not from Australia, you are from the very Islamic Republic of Iran.
Oh and don't take this tittle as an insult, after all, it wasn't me who uploaded this :winktongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWtWz_aGyk

Fast forward to 2:00

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I watched some clip, or was it a full documentary movie, can't really remember. Where a reporter was going through a town and asking few questions to random people. The question was something like 'What do you think who's next to get in war with US, and can you show them to us on a map?'
The funny part were not their answers, some was saying, France, Germany, some were naming other Asian countries. But the hilarious part was when they were acctually showing the reporter the locations of these countries on a map. They have missplaced countries not just by a little, but they were thinking France was in Africa and stuff like that.
And then Americans get pi**** off when people question their education, lol. Stereotypes, i know, but there's always some truth to it.

They gave these people a map? That's like giving Sahib internet access to log onto this thread...something will happen and he'll put his foot in his mouth the same way those folks will do...

(You only get one pass from me a day, Sahib...it got used earlier)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now, who was worse...the girl who was trying to find the Mississippi river in Asia or these folks?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

They gave these people a map? That's like giving Sahib internet access to log onto this thread...something will happen and he'll put his foot in his mouth the same way those folks will do...

(You only get one pass from me a day, Sahib...it got used earlier)

I didn't even say anything I'm damned if I do damned if I don't . This isn't my day lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise