WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh dear God save us.
Those ***** politicians of ours are about to fill an application for joining EU. Now how stupid do they think European politicians are, they'd sure had to be more stupid then ours to welcome us in EU.

I just don't get it how do they expect a country consisted of 13 parts, with 13 governments, 220+ ministers and 3 presidents to be allowed to join EU.

Every day new humiliation.
I'd be surprised if any county joins the EU in the next few years. It's too much of a mess currently.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is a good representation of what I hear when there are sports interviews on TV.
95539818eaa458096b438d576f863077.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The funniest thing is that Eric Clapton covered a TON of Bob Marley's songs and they became small hits. And the ****ed up part is some of those folks when they hear the originals, they ***** over how a black artist cannot be original and covered his music. I'm like WTF?

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
I really don't like Eric Clapton's covers of Bob Marley's songs. Luckily, the only one that really gets a lot of airplay is "I Shot the Sheriff".

Clapton had a lot of hits covering JJ Cale's songs.

If someone really knows the history of rock music, he or she will know that many more songs originally written by black artists were covered by white artists, not the other way around. Many songs especially by 50s, 60s, and 70s artists such as Elvis Presley, Led Zeppelin, and Janis Joplin were written by black artists.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
When I found out Bob Marley did the originals I thought they were better. Not that Eric did a bad job I just think it's lacking something.

His covers were fine, but not even in the same galaxy as the original. I say that not from my own personal and cultural bias, but as someone who likes music and can tell a great cover when I here one.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I really don't like Eric Clapton's covers of Bob Marley's songs. Luckily, the only one that really gets a lot of airplay is "I Shot the Sheriff".

Clapton had a lot of hits covering JJ Cale's songs.

If someone really knows the history of rock music, he or she will know that many more songs originally written by black artists were covered by white artists, not the other way around. Many songs especially by 50s, 60s, and 70s artists such as Elvis Presley, Led Zeppelin, and Janis Joplin were written by black artists.

That's why I prefer to listen to Fats Domino, Little Richard and those guys when I want the old school rock n roll. They still don't get enough credit.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Back again at work. I'd complain about how damn cold it is, but that sort of complaining won't get me warmer.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. Back again at work. I'd complain about how damn cold it is, but that sort of complaining won't get me warmer.

So maybe try complaining about the football pool....
Or how punctual NJ Transit is today morning or
Better yet, how about some workplace stories...
Top of the morning to you as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So maybe try complaining about the football pool....
Or how punctual NJ Transit is today morning or
Better yet, how about some workplace stories...
Top of the morning to you as well.

I could complain about you busting my chops too, but I won't do that either...

Good morning to you too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's this one lady at my work from the US who always seems to be having some drama. It leads me to think if some people just attract it...

Then again it just could be that I'm not used to Americans anymore... LOL!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There's this one lady at my work from the US who always seems to be having some drama. It leads me to think if some people just attract it...

Probably a mix of both. I try to stay drama free these days as best as I can. Keeps the blood pressure down...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of drama, you still have the Peppy Le Pew coworker we told you to stick an air freshener on his desk so he'd stop smelling up the office?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb