WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Missed a great gig tonight. But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thursday is my 18. and i have to go out with my friends, and, well, pay for the drinks. And we drink alot. And there's like 15 of us. Drinking from 8 pm to 3 am.
You get the point.

Have fun. You get to be 18 only once. It is overrated as hell to some degree, but it is still fun. Enjoy.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sahib might get to first base before you end up getting rid of your Z3

And if i sell my Z3 before he gets to 1B again, I'll send you a hoodie with the words "Eat Some Humble Pie..." and a picture of a crow on it...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
You know, I wish that someone with some common sense had pushed to make the cameras on the Z3 and Moto Maxx more capable. They're OK, but outside of the camera, these are two really, really good phones.

As much as everyone is pushing the biometrics as the next hot thing, i really miss Nokia here...at least they were putting out updates to their cameras. It seems like we have to upgrade every year overall hardware handsets to get good cameras out of the box. Nobody thinks it's important to tweak the cameras after they're in the wild.

The Maxx and the Z3 especially have good enough sensors where software tweaks cane make them shine. Are they Note 5/G4 level? Nope, but can be really solid. Guess anything for OEMs to keep their bands in our pockets, right?

Capitalism at its finest...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My mistake. I was assuming that's what you were getting at but I figured I'd go with my second thought which was obviously incorrect.

What I wanted to say was that for me how would I find an artist like him if I don't know a certain rock artist exists . I could use the Internet and search up older rock artist but then I would have to look up what songs to listen to get me into that artist.
The era you're looking for in this instance is the 60s to 70s. I think you'll be surprised how many songs you may know. You might not know the groups but you recognise the music.

Groups and artists from this time are all the big names of old rock and roll.

What you need to do is just listen. You don't have to like everything (no one likes everything).

Here's a list to get you started:

Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Club Band, Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, etc...

Rolling Stones -Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, etc..

Led Zeppelin - All albums but for starters try their fourth album (IV)

The Eagles - Hotel California

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Jimmy Hendrix

Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild

The Who

The Doors

Eric Clapton

There's more but I don't want to overwhelm you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know, I wish that someone with some common sense had pushed to make the cameras on the Z3 and Moto Maxx more capable. They're OK, but outside of the camera, these are two really, really good phones.

As much as everyone is pushing the biometrics as the next hot thing, i really miss Nokia here...at least they were putting out updates to their cameras. It seems like we have to upgrade every year overall hardware handsets to get good cameras out of the box. Nobody thinks it's important to tweak the cameras after they're in the wild.

The Maxx and the Z3 especially have good enough sensors where software tweaks cane make them shine. Are they Note 5/G4 level? Nope, but can be really solid. Guess anything for OEMs to keep their bands in our pockets, right?

Capitalism at its finest...

I do wonder if we'll ever see an upgradable phone.

I'm curious to see what Nokia brings out this year if they bring out anything at all that is.

If it sells in the EU and its good I may consider it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Missed a great gig tonight. But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thursday is my 18. and i have to go out with my friends, and, well, pay for the drinks. And we drink alot. And there's like 15 of us. Drinking from 8 pm to 3 am.
You get the point.
Enjoy 18!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Saw a Z5(Premium?) in the wild just now. Looks nice but the miniscule camera improvements makes it a non buy for me.

I sold a guy at work on the Compact Z5. His old iPhone died and wanted a reasonable priced phone. Funny thing is I suggested the regular Z5 as he's a very tall guy but he likes the small form factor.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I sold a guy at work on the Compact Z5. His old iPhone died and wanted a reasonable priced phone. Funny thing is I suggested the regular Z5 as he's a very tall guy but he likes the small form factor.
Same with an engineer in my group, he currently has the OPX but is not too happy with it. I'm actually leaning towards recommending the Redmi 3 for him, right size, awesome battery life and specs that are equal to or better than HTC A9 at about third the price. Oh and Xiaomi camera's aren't shabby at all.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The era you're looking for in this instance is the 60s to 70s. I think you'll be surprised how many songs you may know. You might not know the groups but you recognise the music.

Groups and artists from this time are all the big names of old rock and roll.

What you need to do is just listen. You don't have to like everything (no one likes everything).

Here's a list to get you started:

Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Club Band, Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, etc...

Rolling Stones -Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, etc..

Led Zeppelin - All albums but for starters try their fourth album (IV)

The Eagles - Hotel California

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Jimmy Hendrix

Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild

The Who

The Doors

Eric Clapton

There's more but I don't want to overwhelm you.

I'd also add N.I.B., Iron Man and War Pigs.

And everything from Queen.

Funny thing about War Pigs. It was written and recorded in 1970. and lyrics can 100% relate to the situation we have in world today.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd also add N.I.B., Iron Man and War Pigs.

And everything from Queen.

Funny thing about War Pigs. It was written and recorded in 1970. and lyrics can 100% relate to the situation we have in world today.

I just checked the Wiki on it. Apparently it's simply an anti-war song. It apparently had another more satanic name which the record company asked to have changed. Since the release came out during the Vietnam war it can be associated to that but apparently the band didn't know much about the war at the time according to Ozzy.

Yes Queen is a definite. There were others I had in mind as well but like I mentioned I didn't want to overwhelm. LOL!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I just checked the Wiki on it. Apparently it's simply an anti-war song. It apparently had another more satanic name which the record company asked to have changed. Since the release came out during the Vietnam war it can be associated to that but apparently the band didn't know much about the war at the time according to Ozzy.

Yes Queen is a definite. There were others I had in mind as well but like I mentioned I didn't want to overwhelm. LOL!

I knew about the original meaning of the song, just didn't want to freak sahib out. And the name was also different. It represented something like Satan's Christmas.

No more tears is also a sick song, just as N.I.B. is, lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Damn, it's -6! That's pretty cold for here.

Stay warm. It's 27?F here. And they're talking about a snowstorm that if it hits us directly this weekend could dump 18" of snow in the area.

Jeez. I need some Magic City or Kingston sunshine right about now...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Compact is still the best sub 5" Android flagship around. Pricy as hell, but good indeed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Same with an engineer in my group, he currently has the OPX but is not too happy with it. I'm actually leaning towards recommending the Redmi 3 for him, right size, awesome battery life and specs that are equal to or better than HTC A9 at about third the price. Oh and Xiaomi camera's aren't shabby at all.

Xiaomi makes some nice stuffs too. I was tempted to try out the Honor 5X but I'll pass. I like how hardware has gotten very good at cheap prices thanks to the Chinese, but outside of stock Android, the big boys haven't really tweaked the software yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)