WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I do wonder if we'll ever see an upgradable phone.

I'm curious to see what Nokia brings out this year if they bring out anything at all that is.

If it sells in the EU and its good I may consider it.

I hold no hopes for Nokia. See how quiet things were with the tablet they launched earlier? I think they'll be a lot of buzz and hype but they won't fare better than most OEMs in Android these days. If they're not careful, the Chinese'll blow them out of the water before they even start.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The era you're looking for in this instance is the 60s to 70s. I think you'll be surprised how many songs you may know. You might not know the groups but you recognise the music.

Groups and artists from this time are all the big names of old rock and roll.

What you need to do is just listen. You don't have to like everything (no one likes everything).

Here's a list to get you started:

Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Club Band, Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, etc...

Rolling Stones -Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, etc..

Led Zeppelin - All albums but for starters try their fourth album (IV)

The Eagles - Hotel California

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Jimmy Hendrix

Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild

The Who

The Doors

Eric Clapton

There's more but I don't want to overwhelm you.

If he gets through that and he wants to go 60s and 70s black music, I'll recommend a list that'll make his head spin...that's without touching the Jackson 5.

No offense to rock, but funk is still just as good if you want some cool underground sounds.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Gotta trudge through this damn cold to get to work and see my coworkers (some at least) act more adolescent like than our patients. SMH...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If he gets through that and he wants to go 60s and 70s black music, I'll recommend a list that'll make his head spin...that's without touching the Jackson 5.

No offense to rock, but funk is still just as good if you want some cool underground sounds.

You probably know more than me but I do know a few:

The Gap Band, Earth Wind and Fire, Parliament, etc...

Actually I found a good site with a list - 100 Greatest Funk Artists

I know quite a few on there and it's debatable who the 'top' funk band is. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I knew about the original meaning of the song, just didn't want to freak sahib out. And the name was also different. It represented something like Satan's Christmas.

No more tears is also a sick song, just as N.I.B. is, lol.

Yes you're correct. Saying that, Sahib should be able to handle it. :p At least I hope so.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Well then you should post it, 'cause i'm interested in funk but don't know that much artists unfortunately.

I might be rock and metal lunatic but i've always liked jazz and soul. And blues.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Compact is still the best sub 5" Android flagship around. Pricy as hell, but good indeed.

I know a place to pick up the Z5 for a reasonable price for the UK and I directed him to that site. Not sure if he went there but he was happy with the price he paid and seems happy with the phone. He's still getting used to Android though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well then you should post it, 'cause i'm interested in funk but don't know that much artists unfortunately.

I might be rock and metal lunatic but i've always liked jazz and soul. And blues.

See my post above. It's got a nice list at that link. My wife is a big Prince fan and loves funk in general. I've learnt to appreciate it more over time. I've always enjoyed it though.

I'm a fan of Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Rage Against the Machine and they're rock/funk.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

See my post above. It's got a nice list at that link. My wife is a big Prince fan and loves funk in general. I've learnt to appreciate it more over time. I've always enjoyed it though.

I'm a fan of Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Rage Against the Machine and they're rock/funk.

Oh i didn't see that. I'm going to check it out now.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

They said whatsapp stop ask the user to pay for the services

But I've never pay for the services since my Nokia N81
When my trial is going to expire it extend itself for 1 year

Any Idea who pay for the services? :/

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Hi everyone. Was on one of those big team meetings at work this morning. One of those meetings you wonder why you are there. Back to work!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

They said whatsapp stop ask the user to pay for the services

But I've never pay for the services since my Nokia N81
When my trial is going to expire it extend itself for 1 year

Any Idea who pay for the services? :/

I think every time you re-install it, you get another free year. But don't believe me 100% on that one.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Hi everyone. Was on one of those big team meetings at work this morning. One of those meetings you wonder why you are there. Back to work!

Now this is the guy i need, what's infraction? It's something related to this forum, that's all i know, lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You probably know more than me but I do know a few:

The Gap Band, Earth Wind and Fire, Parliament, etc...

Actually I found a good site with a list - 100 Greatest Funk Artists

I know quite a few on there and it's debatable who the 'top' funk band is. :p

Good list. I'd have suggested much of these. Personally, on this list, Marvin Gaye is too low, and behind Rick James!

**** no.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

When he grows up and gets to reggae, he'll get a true education in music...even I'm still learning...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Prince is so good it isn't funny. Best concert I've gone to was with an ex 6 years ago for Prince. Esmeralda Spaulding (whose really wirth listening to if you like neo soul) and Lala Hathaway opened for Prince. And all he sang was early Prince.

It was great because when he came out, no one sat. It was an older crowd who knew his old stuff and they all sang along to everything. Got a greater appreciation for him after that night.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Prince is so good it isn't funny. Best concert I've gone to was with an ex 6 years ago for Prince. Esmeralda Spaulding (whose really wirth listening to if you like neo soul) and Lala Hathaway opened for Prince. And all he sang was early Prince.

It was great because when he came out, no one sat. It was an older crowd who knew his old stuff and they all sang along to everything. Got a greater appreciation for him after that night.

Posted via Xperia Z3

The only Prince's song i know is Purple rain.
I know him best for his guitar skills, voice second.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte