WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

They are just lending their name it seems. Foxconn built their tablet. Beautiful hardware but I believe they made it predominantly for the Asian and EU market. Let's see if they bring the phone to USA.

Hardware was capable enough i thought about getting one, but you needed to root it and chuck that version of the Z launcher to make it useful.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like Esmeralda Spaulding. And of course who doesn't like Prince...

She is so bad ***. What i loved about that concert was she opened, then Lala, then Prince did a set with each lady separekty and then killed it himself. His background singers were on point.

All in all, such a great time. This was when Michael Jackson just died and Prince went back on tour. NJ concert was fab, heard the NYC one was good but he called up Kim K. and she acted too cute and her kiced her *** off the stage...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I read through 30 odd posts about funk music and no mention of Bee Gees? Specifically since Earth, Wind and Fire was already mentioned? One of their later songs, Paying the Price of Love is one my all time favorites.

See, we cannot go hard because Sahib and these young'ns would have to take another class to really get into the music we're listing.

I never realize how much music i listened to until my first true music conversation with some older folks. And when they saw what i knew and start talking about B side stuff for some of the artistes i knew, that's when i really went to school...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

But feel in hand is lousy with their blocky design. I would say even the cheap 640 feels better in hand.

I agree. The reason why i liked the Z3 was they broke up some of that blocky feel just enough. That's something they should address, but Sony is like some women...don't listen to any suggestions or directions...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

See, we cannot go hard because Sahib and these young'ns would have to take another class to really get into the music we're listing.

I never realize how much music i listened to until my first true music conversation with some older folks. And when they saw what i knew and start talking about B side stuff for some of the artistes i knew, that's when i really went to school...

Posted via Xperia Z3

I know alot of old musicians and their songs, but again there's so much of them i'm not familiar with. I believe you and Rue know more than i do, after all, English is not my mother tongue.

But trust me on this one, i know much more good, old stuff than most of my generation does. You guys are lucky enough not to know what turbo-folk is.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know alot of old musicians and their songs, but again there's so much of them i'm not familiar with. I believe you and Rue know more than i do, after all, English is not my mother tongue.

But trust me on this one, i know much more good, old stuff than most of my generation does. You guys are lucky enough not to know what turbo-folk is.

From what I read it appears to be a mix of pop music and traditional folk? I've heard similar music from some of the countries listed in the Wiki.

I don't pretend to know what the words are but I've heard quite a bit of foreign music.

I think the younger generation these days likes it's music like it likes it fashion. Cheap, easy and throw away...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's a mix of everything, they even put a hip hop and rap in that mixture somehow, so you can imagine how bad that sounds.

Lyrics are pure trash, songs written and composed in no time. Most of them are so stupid, dumb, idiotic, obscene to the final limits where it is no longer fun or interesting but extremly rude and offensive.

Motives range from love, to hate, to singing about girl's a**, sex, making kids while drunk (yes, there's a song called Make me a son), cars and what not.

Those 'artist' have zero to none talent, live they sound worse than Axl Rose.

It's so offensive to listen to. The reason folks listen to them is because of marketing and music videos. If it has a naked girl in it, it is succesful. And also because that 'artist' guy started recording with his phone, then few of his friends showed support, his town followed them, than it got spread to a whole bloody nation and finally they made their way to Balcan scene.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

See, i wasn't implying we knew more than you. Music is so vast that even withing genres there's so much to learn and understand...if you're a music junkie.

Still, it is always fun to get people together who like music and know music to talk about music...

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

See, i wasn't implying we knew more than you. Music is so vast that even withing genres there's so much to learn and understand...if you're a music junkie.

Still, it is always fun to get people together who like music and know music to talk about music...

Posted via Xperia Z3
Where it also gets interesting is that some music doesn't make it out of the country it originated in.

I know bands in Canada that a lot of people never heard of. Same goes for Australia and of course the UK produces so much it would be difficult to know it all.

There were some good ones in Finland that weren't even heavy metal... That's a joke for those who get it.

I have little doubt that there's many American bands that never make it out either.

I try my best to listen to new things but sometimes it's too easy to fall back on things you know.

I have to admit to not being the biggest rap fan or country music fan but I do try to listen to both from time to time to see if I'm missing anything.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Where it also gets interesting is that some music doesn't make it out of the country it originated in.

I know bands in Canada that a lot of people never heard of. Same goes for Australia and of course the UK produces so much it would be difficult to know it all.

There were some good ones in Finland that weren't even heavy metal... That's a joke for those who get it.

I have little doubt that there's many American bands that never make it out either.

I try my best to listen to new things but sometimes it's too easy to fall back on things you know.

I have to admit to not being the biggest rap fan or country music fan but I do try to listen to both from time to time to see if I'm missing anything.

It's more of a death metal than heavy metal really, lol.
There are a few country songs i really like. You should check out Asleep at the wheel and their song 'The letter that Johnny Walker read'.
I think i spelled everything correctly.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I follow a couple of artists from South Africa, heard them on my visits there in 2000 and 2006. My family got me CDs in 2007. Much easier these days to get the songs through their online portals.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The era you're looking for in this instance is the 60s to 70s. I think you'll be surprised how many songs you may know. You might not know the groups but you recognise the music.

Groups and artists from this time are all the big names of old rock and roll.

What you need to do is just listen. You don't have to like everything (no one likes everything).

Here's a list to get you started:

Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Club Band, Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, etc...

Rolling Stones -Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, etc..

Led Zeppelin - All albums but for starters try their fourth album (IV)

The Eagles - Hotel California

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Jimmy Hendrix

Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild

The Who

The Doors

Eric Clapton

There's more but I don't want to overwhelm you.

Will do right now since I'm free !

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I just checked the Wiki on it. Apparently it's simply an anti-war song. It apparently had another more satanic name which the record company asked to have changed. Since the release came out during the Vietnam war it can be associated to that but apparently the band didn't know much about the war at the time according to Ozzy.

Yes Queen is a definite. There were others I had in mind as well but like I mentioned I didn't want to overwhelm. LOL!

I listen to a few songs from queen . I have two " we are the campions" and we will rock you " 😛

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Stay warm. It's 27?F here. And they're talking about a snowstorm that if it hits us directly this weekend could dump 18" of snow in the area.

Jeez. I need some Magic City or Kingston sunshine right about now...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

I bet the storm that is coming to you is a big one. The news had been talking about it for a while

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If he gets through that and he wants to go 60s and 70s black music, I'll recommend a list that'll make his head spin...that's without touching the Jackson 5.

No offense to rock, but funk is still just as good if you want some cool underground sounds.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

I know the Jackson 5 and Marvin Gaye. These are pretty good in terms of what I like listening too

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ah, today at work, people aren't using their cabesas correctly.

Fortunately, I'm leaving in a half hour, so...

Posted via Xperia Z3

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Prince is so good it isn't funny. Best concert I've gone to was with an ex 6 years ago for Prince. Esmeralda Spaulding (whose really wirth listening to if you like neo soul) and Lala Hathaway opened for Prince. And all he sang was early Prince.

It was great because when he came out, no one sat. It was an older crowd who knew his old stuff and they all sang along to everything. Got a greater appreciation for him after that night.

Posted via Xperia Z3
I miss his concert too. It sold out here.

Madonna is coming here with ticket prices as high as $1,000.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I appreciate music from classical to heavy metal. I also like symphonic metal like Nightwish, Sirenia, Therion, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss