WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Understood. I just was milking that joke for all its worth, that's all. Some days i really wonder if it's worth it to get a house, but that means i may have to move out of the NYC area to be able to afford one...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
And then you'll complain even louder about the commute and the longer hours in the coal mines to pay the bank.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You're looking at about $280 brand new, taxes included. Since you live in CA, there two things you can't escape: drought and the sales tax.

If i were you, I'd dig around to see if you can find it for $200. As nice as the Band is, if it were still full price, I'd never have bought it for the GF.

I'm digging around in swappa waiting for a small band.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Now that we are seeing devices from Acer, NuAns, VAIO and fewer Lumia offerings from MSFT I was thinking last night what would make an offering fairly compelling for the masses? A $300 Moly X1 is not going to help the platform much. But a $200 Xiaomi Redmi 3 running WM10 would instantaneously be the new 640 replacement or heck even be very close to the cancelled Lumia 850. Also it would let Xiaomi in the USA without Apple suing them because MIUI is a clone of iOS.
They would need to enable LTE bands and if they threw in NFC to future proof the phone a bit at that price it would be a runaway hit. Xiaomi phones have pretty decent cameras as well and that 4100 mAh battery would last at least two days if not more.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And then you'll complain even louder about the commute and the longer hours in the coal mines to pay the bank.

Nope. If i have a house i like and i job i like in it's entirety, the commute isn't an issue for me.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Now that we are seeing devices from Acer, NuAns, VAIO and fewer Lumia offerings from MSFT I was thinking last night what would make an offering fairly compelling for the masses? A $300 Moly X1 is not going to help the platform much. But a $200 Xiaomi Redmi 3 running WM10 would instantaneously be the new 640 replacement or heck even be very close to the cancelled Lumia 850. Also it would let Xiaomi in the USA without Apple suing them because MIUI is a clone of iOS.
They would need to enable LTE bands and if they threw in NFC to future proof the phone a bit at that price it would be a runaway hit. Xiaomi phones have pretty decent cameras as well and that 4100 mAh battery would last at least two days if not more.

That would help the platform. I'd buy it for my mom to replace her 635 :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nice try, but the problem is you're thinking the right way.

With all the Lumia zealots around here, the first thing you'd hear is how the Chinese are snooping through your phone, or it isn't as good as a Lumia...

Still, this actually may happen, with all the Xiaomi WP rumors. I'd love to see them port WP 10 to the Mi 5 pro as sell that for $400. Or, convert the Mi Note Pro or Mi 4C. I'd go with the Mi 4C at $300-$350. Now, THAT would move units too...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion