WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You have been spoiled by the Moto and I have been spoiled by the 640 and ZUK. I now charge both my phones every 3rd day and same goes for my smartwatch.

It should be like that. Long battery life is a gorgeous thing.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And having owned a couple of HTC devices I can say that they also know how to screw up the camera on the phones.

Well, you win some, you lose some. The best cameras they've done on Windows was the Titan 1 and the Radar. The 8X and M8 are OK. If they don't pull it together this year, they should just stick to making VR handsets.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Part of the problem is that the motorway is fairly dark so you get used to the other lights than someone comes by with these ridiculously bright lights and you're temporarily blinded.

Now I can't say for certain all are LEDs but I know from my work that LEDs are very bright and glare a lot. Especially if they're pure white.
There are a lot of LED light cars in LA - after all we are the epitome of cars, roads and epic traffic delays - and they don't seem to bother me. I'm leaning towards getting a car with LED lights myself. My Acura is 16 years old and has HID Xenon headlights which I really like compared to my Toyota which is standard halogen.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, you win some, you lose some. The best cameras they've done on Windows was the Titan 1 and the Radar. The 8X and M8 are OK. If they don't pull it together this year, they should just stick to making VR handsets.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
Or Nexus devices for Google...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Yes HIDs are bad. Very blinding as well.

Keep in mind I'm working with the latest in LED technology for industry. I know quite a bit about them. Not be authoritarian or anything but I've been around LED lighting technology for over two years now. Deal with several vendors and have seen the developments of new LEDs and fixtures.

LEDs work in the blue light spectrum so appear to be brighter than they actually are. Diffusers are what tone down LEDs. LEDs are very direct and need reflectors to throw the light properly. The light does spread like any other light but they have a tendency to glare significantly. 5000K LEDs are very very bright.

LEDs themselves are very robust and work great at low temperatures. They fail quickly at high temps (above 40C). They are low energy consuming and produce low heat. The drivers of LEDs are the main issue.They tend to be the heat source for LEDs and tend to be the point of failure. LEDs have a high and long inrush current creating spikes in initial energy when they are turned on and mellow out after awhile. Believe it or not too many on a circuit can cause issues even though the energy use is low mainly due to this inrush current especially on AC circuits.

On a car they obviously use DC LEDs. They don't suffer so much from inrush problems as their AC counterparts. They do have to be careful with the heat produced by the motor so will require special installation. When LEDs start to fail you need to replace the whole thing. You cannot replace just one LED in a cluster. This, I guess is where the car manufacturer will make some cash.

LEDs are supposed to be long running but that's based on climate controlled tests and extrapolated. There are not enough LED installations to prove the longevity of the claims of LEDs in real world situations. That's not saying they aren't good but we don't know for sure if the claims are 100% true. Even the vendors I deal with state this.
The reliability is a problem indeed. Ours are doing quite good after 8 years, but they are in the rear lights. On the other hand, I have seen quite a lot of cars with LEDs not working, some in front and even more with only couple of LEDs working in rear lights, VW Passats from 2005 to 2010 are the most common.
I don't know, when we are buying now car we will be going full LED because the car just looks better :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The reliability is a problem indeed. Ours are doing quite good after 8 years, but they are in the rear lights. On the other hand, I have seen quite a lot of cars with LEDs not working, some in front and even more with only couple of LEDs working in rear lights, VW Passats from 2005 to 2010 are the most common.
I don't know, when we are buying now car we will be going full LED because the car just looks better :)

Well cars are really about two things aren't they? Looks and transportation. A lot of people think of the first before the second.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well cars are really about two things aren't they? Looks and transportation. A lot of people think of the first before the second.
Well I don't know but I think it will also be safer to have a car with good lights. Those on Clio are more or less s**t, not sure for Laguna though since I didn't drive it that much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo