WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've been thinking about getting these as well.

They seem good so far. I'll probably use them primarily as my daily for a few days. Most folks don't realize that the Chinese onslaught makes good phone accessories too...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Buying a car and we have no idea what to do. We have 3 cars we are looking at, 1800? apart. The last, the most expensive option would be to buy new car... Decisions

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The G4 i like has gotten cheaper...$380 brand new - tax included. Interesting...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...i guess I'm in a reviewing mode so far.

Moto Maxx, 6 months later (appropriately)

Satisfied.

Pros:

- Big battery. Gets me through a day comfortably. If i push it, well, it feels like a regular smartphone. Still, i can get two days usage.

- Screen. I like AMOLEDs and prefer this one over the ones of the X 2014 and the N6. Still a little over saturated, but a lot more balanced than those two. Very crisp panel. Good in sunlight too.

- Qi + quick charge. Surprisingly, phone charges pretty fast on Qi. Both very convenient options.

- Moto software is good. Very useful.

Cons:

- Moto software: Just like they did with the jump from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2, Moto plans to skip 5.1.1 to go directly to 6.0.1. So this thing still has the bugs of 5.0.2 in terms of battery life. I know this has a Quad HD screen, but the battery can and should be better.

- Camera: a very average shooter, as in very good in good lighting, not so good in mix lighting and low light.

Meh:

- Weight: Phone is heavy, but it packs a 3900mah battery...not Lumia 920 heavy though...

- Design: Moto X 2014 has more charm. The black kevlar is nice option, but i wish another color scheme was also available.

- Capacitive buttons: mixed feelings. I like having them, but in this case, I'd prefer on screen if it meant a slightly bigger screen.

- Audio: solid. Not good, not bad...solid.

All in all, a very good device. 6.0.1 should make a real difference in terms of improving performance. Otherwise, a good daily driver as is.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
More reviews:

Z3 Tablet Compact 6+ months later.

Pros:

Design: love the fact that it is water resistant and light as hell. Like the matte finish on the back instead of going glass on both sides like the Z line phones. Size is good too.

Audio: Front facing speakers are OK, noise canceling is very good.

Battery: solid performance, and quick charge via the magic port and regular USB slot is really nice.

Cons:

- Screen is OK. Wish it were a little sharper, especially for asking price. Think the GF's mom has a better panel on her Zenpad S tablet, at half the price.

- Expensive as ****. Got this used but in great condition for $380 for the 32GB model. Hell, at that price I almost feel I should have just gone for a LTE model

Meh:

- Camera: does as asked, cannot do more.

- OS: I wish Sony did more to take advantage of the real estate. I like the small apps idea, as these non Samsung tablets suck at multitasking. I like the Sony skin, but it is getting a little stale.

Overall, a quality buy, just like the T100 before it. Unless this breaks, not buying another tablet. In fact this was good enough for my needs whereby if I had a good WP model, I could get away with not owning an Android phone.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So Denver wins the SB. Peyton, just retire now and call it a day.

A nice end to an interesting 2015 season. Cam Newton has yet more growing up to do. Let's hope he takes the next step.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So Denver wins the SB. Peyton, just retire now and call it a day.

A nice end to an interesting 2015 season. Cam Newton has yet more growing up to do. Let's hope he takes the next step.

I like to think this was a defensive game and the defense won it for the Broncos . Either way it was a good game and the half time show wasn't bad at all :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hate those irresponsible and big-headed proffesors. I should be studying psychology now. From the books, like every normal man. But no, she has her own material that we need to learn, her own definitions and what not.
So what did she do? She gave one, just one god damn paper to us. It would be somewhat ok if it was only one class, but there's 4 classes, 4 classes and one paper. That's 80+ students.

Of course, the first guy or girl she gave that paper to, kept it for himself/herself and hadn't shared it with us.
Now I'm just too pissed off to study anything.
Soon as you said psychology and read the rest the first thing that popped in my head is that she's messing with you guys... I may be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I didn't even know the Superbowl was on! LOL! I'm so disconnected from American sports and sports in general. The only time I care is when the football is on near my house as it causes traffic jams.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So house update!
Milestones have happened. I now have electrics back so there's lighting and power again. Central heating is complete. Kitchen is on track for completion this weekend. So it's looking good. Still lots to do though. Will be a few more months until fully complete but we'll be able to live there at least. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm up way too early. Couldn't sleep due to the storms. Also I'm suffering a bit with my stupid injuries and just thinking about everything so I haven't slept much in weeks now. Ah stress...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers