WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Another A in literature and C in maths, could be better though.
After all, it looks like i will be going to a concert, that is if i keep this strike of good grades.

Haven't heard good, live rock for a while now.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't know why the 5X should be given a pass for its performance issues becuase it's a Nexus. I'm talking about performance, not relevance.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
Worked fine for me when I had it in 2015. I have a new one right now and am not sure if I should keep the N5X or the Huawei Mate S.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Worked fine for me when I had it in 2015. I have a new one right now and am not sure if I should keep the N5X or the Huawei Mate S.

Yet there are fair amount of folks who say that they experienced lags and performance issues. I don't think they all got lemons.

Google overpriced it. Should have just thrown the 3GB RAM in it. If they weren't, should have better optimized it. I still don't understand why Google is getting a pass here when historically, janky performance from Nexus models at launch are a standard practice. The N5 with 4.4 at launch was just as bad. How is Google beta testing users on the Nexus line that much different from MSFT beta testing users since Windows Phone 7?

As much as i like fast updates, i prefer stable software more.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Yet there are fair amount of folks who say that they experienced lags and performance issues. I don't think they all got lemons.

Google overpriced it. Should have just thrown the 3GB RAM in it. If they weren't, should have better optimized it. I still don't understand why Google is getting a pass here when historically, janky performance from Nexus models at launch are a standard practice. The N5 with 4.4 at launch was just as bad. How is Google beta testing users on the Nexus line that much different from MSFT beta testing users since Windows Phone 7?

As much as i like fast updates, i prefer stable software more.

To each their own and that is why choice is a great thing. MSFT overpriced the 950 even more than Google and N5 on KitKat was way better than the current state of hot mess that WM10 is on any device that you try and run it on.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To each their own and that is why choice is a great thing. MSFT overpriced the 950 even more than Google and N5 on KitKat was way better than the current state of hot mess that WM10 is on any device that you try and run it on.

The N5 on 4.4 was messy. Lots of articles online littered about. It got better on 4.4.2 and was awesome on 4.4.4. My pint still stands - N5 on 4.4 at launch is as bad as the 5X at launch, which is as bad as the 950 at launch.

None of the big 3 - MSFT, Apple and Google - have been immune from janky software. We all know MSFT didn't care about the 950 series enough to price them appropriately. So when the 10 people who bought them cry software issues, nobody hears it.

For the record, from what I've seen so far, this new build of Windows 10 runs fine on the M8. I'll use it for a day tomorrow just to test it out...so you really cannot say that Windows is crap on all hardware. MSFT should have had a more polished product at launch and alluding to adding updates ongoing to an incomplete OS is straight up laziness.

I like stable software. If i have to wait for it, I'm fine with that - as long as i get it. I don't mind people beta testing for their own choice, but the current excuse of OEMs releasing janky software on hardware they're charging rip-off prices for in the high-end market is bull****.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Can somebody explain to me the point of Reno 911? If they're trying to be sarcastic then i'm afraid they're not doing well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Can somebody explain to me the point of Reno 911? If they're trying to be sarcastic then i'm afraid they're not doing well.

They're being sarcastic, as it's supposed to be funny. If you don't find it funny, it just isn't your kind of humor.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Man my day is done and I noticed something after a few weeks in my history class. The US has always been anti immigration ._. The Chinese exclusion act of 1882 , the immigration act of 1922 and the national origins act. Something I learned :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Man my day is done and I noticed something after a few weeks in my history class. The US has always been anti immigration ._. The Chinese exclusion act of 1882 , the immigration act of 1922 and the national origins act. Something I learned :p
US wasn't the only country with these things and with the right wing movements these days they've resurfaced here and in other parts of the EU.

Sounds like you got a decent history teacher.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

We don't have problems with immigrants here, cause you know, who wants to live in Bosnia, lol.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

US wasn't the only country with these things and with the right wing movements these days they've resurfaced here and in other parts of the EU.

Sounds like you got a decent history teacher.

It's interesting that it's happening again , they are using same rhetoric that the nativist used back then.

He's good not becuse he has a masters degree In U.S history but he likes what he teaches and only used primary sources. Although he a hard teacher his lectures are very fun and informative.☺

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's interesting that it's happening again , they are using same rhetoric that the nativist used back then.

He's good not becuse he has a masters degree In U.S history but he likes what he teaches and only used primary sources. Although he a hard teacher his lectures are very fun and informative.☺

History is interesting when it's presented right. The main issue with a lot of American history classes is that they tend to do gloss over a lot of things. There's a lot of revisionism in US history and they have a tendency to make the so called 'heroes' very one dimensional when they're not. Which makes them boring to be honest.

But that's the American mindset unfortunately...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The reason they've been anti immigration in a land of immigrants is simple...fear of the "other". The only people who weren't afraid fight away were the First Nation (aka Native Americans), but they realized real quick that the first European immigrants came here to grab land and resources really quick.

If you look through American history, all immigrant groups have suffered when they first got here, including Mexicans too (of which you should know about very well). Irish, Germans, Italians, Russians, Jews, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Cuban, Chinese, etc. You name it, there were laws in places to limit numbers who entered and other curtailing measures. Now the new folks of this are Muslims and Mexicans (again).

African-Americans (especially the US born ones) get put in a different label becuase of chattel slavery. The difference between the first 5 groups and everybody else is when the middle class was being reshaped, they were elevated into that void...and racially fit because they can pass as "white". If you look at the "white middle class", you'll see it littered in early generation immigrants from many countries, a significant number came from Israel, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Russia and other European countries.

Young man, you've got a lot to learn it's not even funny...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa