WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Talisman reminds me alot of Passat 2015. I can see that those two, Talisman and Espace have similar design, which to me, looks way better than previous Renault models.
They all have similar design since the Clio in 2012. Problem I see with Talisman and especially with Passat is how it looks when it isn't fully loaded with equipment. And that costs in cars of that class. So we will probably go with Megane because our philosophy is that it's better to have a smaller, newer and better equipped car than something big, used and with minimal equipment.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I have 15 damn sport channels and none of them have Roma vs Real Madrid live, just Wolfsburg vs Gent. Well, that means i'm gonna have to watch this game in awfull SD on a local channel with commentators whose IQ is equal to the average room temperature in deep January.
Lol, we have have it but but I don't really care
I do however care about F1, and we won't have that on our TV. I could live without commentary in Slovene but that means we won't get HD, which is bummer :(

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

They all have similar design since the Clio in 2012. Problem I see with Talisman and especially with Passat is how it looks when it isn't fully loaded with equipment. And that costs in cars of that class. So we will probably go with Megane because our philosophy is that it's better to have a smaller, newer and better equipped car than something big, used and with minimal equipment.

Well not all used cars are bad, but again i do get you. And how much would that Megan cost? As far as i've seen, you guys have pretty afordable car prices.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well not all used cars are bad, but again i do get you. And how much would that Megan cost? As far as i've seen, you guys have pretty afordable car prices.
Sure all second hand aren't bad but you have to have luck to find a good car, we are looking to buy one for me and it's hard to find.

That Megane is GT version with 205 HP gasoline engine and double clutch automatic gearbox. It would cost about 24500? same as this on picture.
If we go for normal with 130HP engine and equipment we want would be around 20k ?. Not cheap but not too bad since we keep cars now for about 8-9 years, we used to change them every 4 years.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Who the hell picked these refferes for tonight's game? They're bad as fu**. Couldn't spot 4-5 off-sides that a blind person would see, even the goal is a bit suspicious.
Those are, without any doubt, the worst refferees i've seen so far in the Champions League.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Sure all second hand aren't bad but you have to have luck to find a good car, we are looking to buy one for me and it's hard to find.

That Megane is GT version with 205 HP gasoline engine and double clutch automatic gearbox. It would cost about 24500? same as this on picture.
If we go for normal with 130HP engine and equipment we want would be around 20k ?. Not cheap but not too bad since we keep cars now for about 8-9 years, we used to change them every 4 years.

Too much HP, i'd go for the 130 version.
Automatics are a bit of a rarety here, you don't see them that often.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Too much HP, i'd go for the 130 version.
Automatics are a bit of a rarety here, you don't see them that often.
You don't see them that much here either in that class of cars. They are however quite common in bigger cars, like Mercedes E class, BMW 5 series, etc. There are quite a lot of those cars here but they are imported, from Germany mostly.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Damn you Rue. You've tired me with those posts that i have no longer a desire to talk about that topic again. I feel like, whatever i say it's either not enough or always off the point.

Have this bloody German to get tired with.

Awww you're taking away all my fun. :(

I'm just trying to dispel this notion that things are fantastic in the US. It's all an illusion.

The problems a country has is different but at the end of the day most countries are the same in a lot of ways. A person I talk to on the train at night tries to tell me how bad things are here in the UK. I point out to them that the things they're complaining about is no different than what any other country complains about. They can't seem to wrap their head around that because all they know is the UK. Even though they're fairly well travelled and have lived overseas.

It's very easy to get stuck in the idea that things are horrible in your own country, town, city, neighbourhood and not realise there are other places with problems not too dissimilar to your own and other places where they are far far worse. Perception, we get lost in it all the time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm just trying to dispel this notion that things are fantastic in the US. It's all an illusion.

The problems a country has is different but at the end of the day most countries are the same in a lot of ways. A person I talk to on the train at night tries to tell me how bad things are here in the UK. I point out to them that the things they're complaining about is no different than what any other country complains about. They can't seem to wrap their head around that because all they know is the UK. Even though they're fairly well travelled and have lived overseas.

It's very easy to get stuck in the idea that things are horrible in your own country, town, city, neighbourhood and not realise there are other places with problems not too dissimilar to your own and other places where they are far far worse. Perception, we get lost in it all the time.

Morning folks. I'm cold and annoyed so I'm going to hop in on this discussion...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Rose640, here's the issue: capitalism is working as well as it is intended to benefit those the most it intends to: the upper middle class and rich folks.

In capitalism there HAS to be a dichotomy: rich v poor. Old money has been made initially on the backs of poor folks of all ethnic groups and isn't usually mismanaged because old money doesn't want to be like the poor folks. Ever. The stories you hear of rich people going broke are those who lived outside their means or got rich illegitimately. Old money uses the mechanisms in place to maintain and grow itself.

Capitalism is built on consumerism. In that model it is better to be the producer as the more people you've got buying your **** is the more revenue streams or income sources you have. Being poor is a crime in capitalism, because you get subjected to the underbelly of the system which ain't cute.

The issue Rue speaks of is the fact that it's the same damn thing all over the world. What makes capitalism deadly is that the dichotomy created also gives the illusion that it's on the individual to succeed or fail, when not everyone plays on the same playing field. As a result, the rich get richer, the complaints of the middle class grow louder, and the sufferings of the poor get unimaginable. The illusion of the individual is completed by the fact that it forces us to focus on the difference in our unique circumstances without being able to see the commonality in our shared experiences.

That's why in my line of work, groups are essential because it strips away the veneer of how isolating individual experiences are to show that there is shared knowledge...people have gone through similarly themed experiences, and learning from each other helps.

It ain't pretty in 'Murica. And it's dire economically back home where I'm from. But the problems in both places are alot alike, it's just the access to resources are vastly different.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I need sleep and some free $$$...While my sleep hasn't been short on hours so much, recent stressors have made the sleep horrid...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rose640, here's the issue: capitalism is working as well as it is intended to benefit those the most it intends to: the upper middle class and rich folks.

In capitalism there HAS to be a dichotomy: rich v poor. Old money has been made initially on the backs of poor folks of all ethnic groups and isn't usually mismanaged because old money doesn't want to be like the poor folks. Ever. The stories you hear of rich people going broke are those who lived outside their means or got rich illegitimately. Old money uses the mechanisms in place to maintain and grow itself.

Capitalism is built on consumerism. In that model it is better to be the producer as the more people you've got buying your **** is the more revenue streams or income sources you have. Being poor is a crime in capitalism, because you get subjected to the underbelly of the system which ain't cute.

The issue Rue speaks of is the fact that it's the same damn thing all over the world. What makes capitalism deadly is that the dichotomy created also gives the illusion that it's on the individual to succeed or fail, when not everyone plays on the same playing field. As a result, the rich get richer, the complaints of the middle class grow louder, and the sufferings of the poor get unimaginable. The illusion of the individual is completed by the fact that it forces us to focus on the difference in our unique circumstances without being able to see the commonality in our shared experiences.

That's why in my line of work, groups are essential because it strips away the veneer of how isolating individual experiences are to show that there is shared knowledge...people have gone through similarly themed experiences, and learning from each other helps.

It ain't pretty in 'Murica. And it's dire economically back home where I'm from. But the problems in both places are alot alike, it's just the access to resources are vastly different.

I can totally agree with this. :)

You know something. if there's one word I hate more than any other in today's rhetoric it's the word 'value'. Such a strong accounting word that's loaded with all sorts of implications.

Who determines what's valuable and worth spending money on? Even more to the point, what does value mean when we speak of knowledge and understanding? What is the true worth of these things? Is there really a monetary value to that? How about a life?

That's what bothers me with this statement. There are people on this planet who feel money is the most important thing and all else is worthless. Worse is that they're trying to convince younger generations to think like this and that it's right.

This is the epitome of capitalist thinking. Everything has a value if not, then it's worthless.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So one of my more younger and politically conscious colleagues and i got into a short discussion yesterday. She is inclined to vote for Mr. Sanders as she has Democratic leanings. I say there isn't anyone to vote for (as a non US citizen, i cannot vote anyways). What's needed here is a real uniter in 'Murica. Obama built a good coalition who didn't fully support him when the Republicans dug in and decided to oppose his very presence.

The issue has always been that both sides want alot of the same ****, but just go about it in opposite ways. To me, none of these candidates have the stones needed to get the real work done.

But one of them will get elected. I'll buy a super ice cold beer on election night to drown my sorrows as it'll be still rough for the next four years...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can totally agree with this. :)

You know something. if there's one word I hate more than any other in today's rhetoric it's the word 'value'. Such a strong accounting word that's loaded with all sorts of implications.

Who determines what's valuable and worth spending money on? Even more to the point, what does value mean when we speak of knowledge and understanding? What is the true worth of these things? Is there really a monetary value to that? How about a life?

That's what bothers me with this statement. There are people on this planet who feel money is the most important thing and all else is worthless. Worse is that they're trying to convince younger generations to think like this and that it's right.

This is the epitome of capitalist thinking. Everything has a value if not, then it's worthless.

Ibid.

Everything that can be a commodity has value. If it isn't a commodity, it's worthless.

Yup, capitalism at its finest...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My supervisor and her meetings...the gift that keeps on giving, despite my attempts to refuse and return it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo