WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I thought the G5 idea was interesting but they better keep up with demand with supplying the modular items.

Boils down to the price of the modules and how well they hold up over time. I know biometrics is the rage and always on display suddenly got cool (even though the OG's like Nokia and Moto were doing that for years), but nothing I saw from LG or Samsung had me cheering. Honestly.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, i'm not impressed with any of those. Samsung's S7 is pretty much just like the previous S6 with some improved performances. I don't believe any of those companies when they say 'Oh, this new camera is 100% better than the previous one', so in both of these cases, both S7 and the G5, i don't think they have better, improved cameras, or at least not that much.

Also i'm a bit disappointed with the G5's design, liked the G4's look more.

And about WP, meh, i don't expect anything in this area. Just empty promises.

I'm not disappointed with the LG G5 design wise. I don't mind it being what it is. My issue isn't the design change itself. I just felt that they went different, but I'm not sure who their target audience is, and why.

Why couldn't you get a 3200mah battery in there?

Why does there need to have a dedicated audio module? Does it add more to the audio or is the audio subpar without it?

Why essentially do a better version of a M8 camera? Are we going to be able to shoot in 23MP by oversampling and sticthing both images together to get even more details?

You can be different but targeted. It felt like LG was being different in an nerdy, technical manner...but not different in a way "average consumers" can appreciate. Maybe the G6 will be a more refined G5 and it clicks there.

Not saying that this won't sell, it just may be too much gimmicks that are distracting...so it may not sell as much as it could.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Honestly, i'm not impressed with any of those. Samsung's S7 is pretty much just like the previous S6 with some improved performances. I don't believe any of those companies when they say 'Oh, this new camera is 100% better than the previous one', so in both of these cases, both S7 and the G5, i don't think they have better, improved cameras, or at least not that much.

Also i'm a bit disappointed with the G5's design, liked the G4's look more.

And about WP, meh, i don't expect anything in this area. Just empty promises.

The hp phone looks mighty interesting :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Least you got it back. What was the problem?

the problem was on the telephone pole on the end of the street . It was only our line ( it's already happened 3 times ). They have to bring in the truck and send a guy to either reconnect the line or put in a new one. Since its been the third time I bet they reconnected the line . Smh having only Comcast or att in Orland sucks so bad .

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

the problem was on the telephone pole on the end of the street . It was only our line ( it's already happened 3 times ). They have to bring in the truck and send a guy to either reconnect the line or put in a new one. Since its been the third time I bet they reconnected the line . Smh having only Comcast or att in Orland sucks so bad .

Well, at least they replaced it...and at least you get to choose between Comcast or AT&T. Where I'm at, it's only Comcast.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Got some decent news today that has started to lighten up !y stress levels a little bit.

In tech news, I can get a brand new G4 for $410, including shipping.

Problem is, I just saw the Moto X 2015 brand new for $360 for the 32GB model (no Moto maker enhancements), including shipping. I like the X 2015, but I have a Maxx, so I'd pass...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As difficult as the choices are, if I were buying two Android handsets right now to go back and forth between, I'd pick a G4...and a Robin.

If I wanted a Windows phone to add to that mix, I'd still choose a M8 or a 1520. No offense to the 950 line, but that price tag is offensive to me for the same hardware found in the Robin and G4 and Moto X 2015, all at the $400 brand new price point...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Looks like some decent stuffs was launched at MWC this year. From what I've read, i like what Alcatel has done. They still need to update the Idol 3 line to 6.0.1 or nobody will buy the Idol 4 line because they're scared of not getting updates.

The G5 is interesting, but i don't think it'll sell enough. I hope they keep the modular experience for next year and refine it, as it can still work. As it stands, i still like the G4 enough to lust after one.

Samsung will sell a fair amount of the S7 this year, as it is a nice upgrade for the S5 and legacy S4 users. Don't think they'll shatter records though. I'm interested to see what the Note 6 brings (most likely SD slot and USB Type-C)...

As for Sony, they may do OK if they price these new phones correctly. I like the idea of consolidation of their offerings. They should have done this a while back. I do miss my Z3...

As for HTC, good move with these mid rangers. I'm hopeful they offer the M10 in both Android and Windows. Will it sell? Depends on how the design, camera and pricing shakes out.

As for Moto, who knows. If they screw up their software update process, their 2016 is sunk. I know the X Play and X Style have 6.0.1, but the Maxx, X Force and a few others are still on 5.0.2 or 5.1.1.

As for WP, well, there's still the need for a device to create excitement between now and when the HP Elite comes out...

Should be an interesting year...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

Sony being Sony is overpricing the X line...I have more hope for Sahib growing out of his Sahib moments than Sony to get competitive product pricing correctly...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

As difficult as the choices are, if I were buying two Android handsets right now to go back and forth between, I'd pick a G4...and a Robin.

If I wanted a Windows phone to add to that mix, I'd still choose a M8 or a 1520. No offense to the 950 line, but that price tag is offensive to me for the same hardware found in the Robin and G4 and Moto X 2015, all at the $400 brand new price point...

I like the G4 with either Nova or Google Now. I'm running Nova on my Nokia N1. I have got all the pieces of the puzzle mostly in place to land a Lumia 950 or 950XL. Now its just a wait and watch game. In a crazy twist of events, I am currently the proud owner of two Samsung Galaxy Note 5 devices....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like the G4 with either Nova or Google Now. I'm running Nova on my Nokia N1. I have got all the pieces of the puzzle mostly in place to land a Lumia 950 or 950XL. Now its just a wait and watch game. In a crazy twist of events, I am currently the proud owner of two Samsung Galaxy Note 5 devices....

I've got Nova Prime on my Maxx. It's nice. I've also got Nokia's Z, MSFT's Arrow and Sony's Android Concept launcher on there too. If I get a G4, I'm going with either Nokia or Nova as my launcher...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Got some decent news today that has started to lighten up !y stress levels a little bit.

In tech news, I can get a brand new G4 for $410, including shipping.

Problem is, I just saw the Moto X 2015 brand new for $360 for the 32GB model (no Moto maker enhancements), including shipping. I like the X 2015, but I have a Maxx, so I'd pass...

Dang good prices! And now the question remains. If you get the G4 you still gotta do a review of it ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss