WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I just got a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem, I had been eyeing ARRIS Surfboard 6141 one for a while. Too good a deal to pass up on Amazon today. I will go into the T-Mobile store today and get the ASUS router ordered from them for free. Finally I should start getting Wi-Fi speeds that match my LTE speeds at my house :)

Huge fan of the Asus T-Mobile router. Been using one since summer last year. If i was using one of their handsets with wifi calling I'd love it even more. I picked up a cheap modem on Amazon and this combo hasn't failed me yet so far, even though i downgraded my internet speeds.

Very satisfied overall. Looks like you made a solid move.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is hilarious....can't wait for a wisecrack comment from Se?or Lopez.

Pittsburgh's newest civil servants will be hard to miss when they're on the job. On Wednesday, the city council voted unanimously to allow a crew of goats and one donkey bodyguard to graze in three local parks.

http://a.msn.com/r/2/AAgJnK0?a=1&m=EN-US

Smart move. Very eco-friendly, provided that the animals are properly vacinated.

Beats the goats we have masquerading as elected officials in Congress and the Donkeys and Elephants currently masquerading as Presidential candidates...if these Pitt goats do the job they should be brought back another year...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now, my happiness as a current tech lover mobile wise is also a source of angst in some ways. The most common phrase i use with a good friend of mine whenever we talk tech is: "it's a great time to be a consumer".

So if you know what you want out there, there are many good deals to be had.

If I were buying a phone now, I'd of course factor things like usage and price and battery life and camera and personal style.

If i didn't have a phablet, I'd be choosing between the Moto X 2015 and the Nexus 6P. If the camera didn't bother much in that choice, I'd a a Nexus 6, hands down.

For the slightly smaller size, I'd add the Nexbit Robin, G4 and a Chinese model as my choice (something from Meizu or Xiaomi) as my choice. If i were angling for 2, the Robin at the kickstarter $299 rate + a G4 brand new at $360 still has you way ahead as a combo than the 128GB 6P or a Note 5, for example. If i wanted to be even more tight fisted, a Oneplus X and a Honor 5X as a combo isn't that bad either.

If i were buying a Windows phone, I'd by a M8. Seriously. If i wanted a stylishly cheap model, I'd get a Lumia 650. But yeah, I'd buy a M8. I like the 950 XL, but am not wowed by it. I think the 950 is OK, but again not wowed by it. I'm not wowed by the M8 either, but you can score one for much less and still have good looks and power in hand (still more powerful than the 650).

So what's the point? It's a good time to be a consumer. Do your research right and there are deals to be had in the market. Don't settle for a bull**** handset. Really, don't do it - as the compromises to be made for your hard earned cash should be less due to the improved choices from OEMs.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This is hilarious....can't wait for a wisecrack comment from Se?or Lopez.

Pittsburgh's newest civil servants will be hard to miss when they're on the job. On Wednesday, the city council voted unanimously to allow a crew of goats and one donkey bodyguard to graze in three local parks.

http://a.msn.com/r/2/AAgJnK0?a=1&m=EN-US

I wonder who's gonna pick up after them:p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So the guys at the TMO store wouldn't give me the router. I need to talk to their tech support and see how I can get one.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

The pen of my Surface Pro 1 stopped working on the latest OS build. Thanks Microsoft...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, I'm one day closer to drinking that beer. That's a good thing.

You know, I'd like to take this post to remind folks that it isn't about the adversity that you face, it is always about your response to it that matters. Adversity to goal achievement is like the tempering process to making a good sword. If heat and proper technique is applied, you get a worthy product at the end that is incredibly beautiful and deadly practical at the same time.

There are consequences that are far reaching for me personally from this recent illness, but if I get too hung up on the negative aspects, I will miss the reset opportunity in the areas that count that this illness has provided. It isn't about just merely taking things in stride, as if you merely take things in stride you'll always be stuck taking things in stride and never getting anywhere.

Fire brings death and destruction, but also transformation and renewal. If we don't go through things in life and get what is needed from those experiences, we don't grow and be better people...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the end of the week where I can get a haircut, have a beer and a quiet night out with the GF. I'll go slaying demons and getting scuff marks from impending challenges another day.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234