WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, I'm one day closer to drinking that beer. That's a good thing.

You know, I'd like to take this post to remind folks that it isn't about the adversity that you face, it is always about your response to it that matters. Adversity to goal achievement is like the tempering process to making a good sword. If heat and proper technique is applied, you get a worthy product at the end that is incredibly beautiful and deadly practical at the same time.

There are consequences that are far reaching for me personally from this recent illness, but if I get too hung up on the negative aspects, I will miss the reset opportunity in the areas that count that this illness has provided. It isn't about just merely taking things in stride, as if you merely take things in stride you'll always be stuck taking things in stride and never getting anywhere.

Fire brings death and destruction, but also transformation and renewal. If we don't go through things in life and get what is needed from those experiences, we don't grow and be better people...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
Nice! Very well said. MIA is back everyone!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is why I'm glad my desktop cannot be upgraded to Windows 10 (driver issues) and i refuse to update my T100. What i have in 8.1 works just fine for me.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

The worst thing about the situation is that my wife's computer is the one I upgraded from W8.1. If other people have issues similar to mine then I can see them being right pissed off. Upgrades shouldn't break things, especially if that's what MS wants you to do. They're practically forcing people to upgrade and they keep breaking things.

That's not good publicity...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So my youngest son's birthday is this week. He turns 15 (my oldest kid is 21). I want to get him something nice for his birthday. I was thinking of getting him one of these electric guitar starter packages like this one Squier Affinity Stratocaster Electric Guitar Pack w/ 10G Amplifier Brown Sunburst | Guitar Center

But I can't tell if he's interested at all! He's into video games, mainly on his Wii U (Mario, Super Smash Bros., etc) and Pokemon on his 3DS. He's also a big Star Wars fan blah blah..

I took him up to guitar center to look around, and he seemed uninspired by it all. He kept asking "are you ready to go dad?" lol I don't want to try to force an instrument on him, or get him something that'll just be something else in his closet that he never uses...

I don't know what to do! Ughh...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So my youngest son's birthday is this week. He turns 15 (my oldest kid is 21). I want to get him something nice for his birthday. I was thinking of getting him one of these electric guitar starter packages like this one Squier Affinity Stratocaster Electric Guitar Pack w/ 10G Amplifier Brown Sunburst | Guitar Center

But I can't tell if he's interested at all! He's into video games, mainly on his Wii U (Mario, Super Smash Bros., etc) and Pokemon on his 3DS. He's also a big Star Wars fan blah blah..

I took him up to guitar center to look around, and he seemed uninspired by it all. He kept asking "are you ready to go dad?" lol I don't want to try to force an instrument on him, or get him something that'll just be something else in his closet that he never uses...

Most young people don't know what to do with themselves half the time. LOL! If he's not interested in guitars I'd suggest not buying one.

Has he shown any interest in anything other than games? Like a new bike? Other activities or experiences? Sometimes a one time experience is a better gift than something that just hangs around.

I'd personally take the guitar mind you and lessons to go with it. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So it would appear that some people are complaining that they're being 'forced' to upgrade to W10. Seemingly out of the blue.

Though I find this hard to believe I wouldn't be surprised if it was happening. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So it would appear that some people are complaining that they're being 'forced' to upgrade to W10. Seemingly out of the blue.

Though I find this hard to believe I wouldn't be surprised if it was happening. :p

Maybe some folks clicked on it when they shouldn't have and upgraded themselves by mistake...remember when Windows 10 came out MSFT was pushing the upgrade hard via update as a requirement...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree with Rue here...if he uninterested in an instrument, may not be wise to push it. At least you've got the opt-out to kick the problem into next year by getting him something Star Wars related. If there's something interactive about that, like going to a convention or something like that, at least it gets him off the video game wheel for a second.

Good luck Ed on this one. I think a good idea will surface soon enough...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe some folks clicked on it when they shouldn't have and upgraded themselves by mistake...remember when Windows 10 came out MSFT was pushing the upgrade hard via update as a requirement...

That's apparently what MS has stated. However, some people's upgrade started when they were in the middle of something apparently. That doesn't sound right.

MS is still being aggressive with W10 calling it a 'recommended' upgrade.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's apparently what MS has stated. However, some people's upgrade started when they were in the middle of something apparently. That doesn't sound right.

MS is still being aggressive with W10 calling it a 'recommended' upgrade.

Well, they managed to make that one thing from Windows phone universal...breaking stuff and saying "we're working on it"...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

There was a better deal to be had where you can get the plain Jane plastic backed 32GB model for $350. If i were to have gotten an X 2015, that's what I'd buy it at.

But I'll pass and still try to get a G4 instead. Since I'm not selling the Maxx, i don't usually like to have two phones from the same OEM in my house...

Patient you must be and G4 you shall have!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

This is why I'm glad my desktop cannot be upgraded to Windows 10 (driver issues) and i refuse to update my T100. What i have in 8.1 works just fine for me.

I haven't had any issues on my cheapo Acer Aspire One. We will see how the Dell XPS13 works out.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know, if there's one function I would like in this forum is the ability to disconnect from a thread you posted on if you've decided to stop interacting with it.

That would make life a lot more pleasant.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Apparently the issues I'm experiencing with the NAS is due to the increase security that MS has happily supplied.

Nothing against security but when it stops you from doing stuff and is a pain to fix it's no longer useful...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I haven't had any issues on my cheapo Acer Aspire One. We will see how the Dell XPS13 works out.

It runs fine on the GF's machine so far, then again, i don't use her PC much. I prefer 8.1, but may upgrade to 10 on the T100 eventually. Just not right now.

I'm not a fan of software companies doing incomplete OSes and then go "we're working on it".

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It runs fine on the GF's machine so far, then again, i don't use her PC much. I prefer 8.1, but may upgrade to 10 on the T100 eventually. Just not right now.

I'm not a fan of software companies doing incomplete OSes and then go "we're working on it".

Also not a fan of software companies stating we'll do timely updates and then don't deliver. Either don't say promises you cannot keep, or pump out the updates on time. HTC has gotten much better at this, LG is decent at this, Samsung takes their time and Moto still does cluster**** things with this.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Got off the phone with T-Mobile a couple of minutes ago. I now have the ASUS router coming to me. My modem arrives tomorrow and the router should be here shortly. This is going to be awesome!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Got off the phone with T-Mobile a couple of minutes ago. I now have the ASUS router coming to me. My modem arrives tomorrow and the router should be here shortly. This is going to be awesome!

Good move. It's a nice setup, so I think you'll like it. Info like their loaner program with the router, although I'm curious what the outright price is to buy it. I still have the box so I can return it to them free of charge.

I'm very happy with mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster