WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I haven't had any issues on my cheapo Acer Aspire One. We will see how the Dell XPS13 works out.

Actually the biggest issue on the GF's machine is the LAN drivers are as helpful as my supervisor at work. It is hit or miss with her getting online with the physical ethernet cord ever since I went to Windows 10 and you have all the other devices working fine wirelessly. She's got to reset the router for it to work. I should investigate this some more though...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Funny moments today...

So I'm walking in a supermarket in Manhattan trying to score one of those 1.5 litre bottles of spring water for under $2 (paid $1.69). I'm knee deep in a conversation on Hangouts and I'm replying via my G Watch R while strolling through the pasta aisle. This guy turns around and looks at me quizzically as my voice apparently is traveling loudly.

Me (without missing a beat): "don't mind me, I'm just on my watch."

He turns away and keeps walking...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

A bank teller showed me his Apple Watch. Surprisingly I was the only customer, so he had time to show it to me. He has a Mickey Mouse watch face. I thought it looked nice, but it's too expensive for me to get.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Dumb **** moment of the day:

So I'm in a Chipotle after my water search in the supermarket and there's this white middle aged make in a suit placing an order before me. How he's ordering, seems to be a regular there. Ho-hum, I don't care at this point. So he leaves and the girls at the cashier - one appears to be African-American, the other Hispanic, both seems to be mid 20s, are talking.

So old wise-*** is a regular and make the following comment supposedly in jest a few moments earlier: "you know you guys should change the name of the place...to Stripotle."

So the Hispanic girl was like "I'm sorry, I missed the joke". Her colleague was like, "I never laugh at his wisecracks whenever he's in here."

And I'm in my in head going: yup, middle aged white men in suits...making sexist jokes at women of color since the 1500s...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

A bank teller showed me his Apple Watch. Surprisingly I was the only customer, so he had time to show it to me. He has a Mickey Mouse watch face. I thought it looked nice, but it's too expensive for me to get.

He must have been really bored. I played with one in the store and I still think they made the UI more cumbersome than it needed to be. I still prefer Android Wear or even the Microsoft Band's set up of how quicker and easier it is to get to what I want without being as obtrusive. Design wise, Apple nailed it though...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Funny moments today...

So I'm walking in a supermarket in Manhattan trying to score one of those 1.5 litre bottles of spring water for under $2 (paid $1.69). I'm knee deep in a conversation on Hangouts and I'm replying via my G Watch R while strolling through the pasta aisle. This guy turns around and looks at me quizzically as my voice apparently is traveling loudly.

Second funny moment - I was late to my doctor's appointment because I thought my discharge papers from the hospital fell out in the street/subway. Even went back one stop to try to find them, only to see them resting comfortably on the bed when I returned home. And of course my PMD didn't even need them, he took one glance of my meds and went, "ah, they gave you some stronger stuff - keep me posted on your progress, go easy for the next two weeks."

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Good thing about my ordeal was i picked two good weeks to get sick and recover weather wise. Last week it was tremendous - high 60s - this week it's mid 50s. That means less stress on weaker lungs, so I'll have time to heal. Yes, had some lung issues as the ailment.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, my tiny mailbox should be a hot mess to clear on Thursday when I get back to my apartment. Gotta pay some bills, so as always, that's exciting to do...

Looking forward to watering my plant and switching watches to my 360 so I can get the metal links adjusted. Wanted to do some heavy cleaning, but will have to wait.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I'm in a Chipotle after my water search in the supermarket and there's this white middle aged make in a suit placing an order before me. How he's ordering, seems to be a regular there. Ho-hum, I don't care at this point. So he leaves and the girls at the cashier - one appears to be African-American, the other Hispanic, both seems to be mid 20s, are talking.

So old wise-*** is a regular and make the following comment supposedly in jest a few moments earlier: "you know you guys should change the name of the place...to Stripotle."

So the Hispanic girl was like "I'm sorry, I missed the joke". Her colleague was like, "I never laugh at his wisecracks whenever he's in here."

And I'm in my in head going: yup, middle aged white men in suits...making sexist jokes at women of color since the 1500s...

Wtf ._. Really strippolte. That doesn't make any sense.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So my youngest son's birthday is this week. He turns 15 (my oldest kid is 21). I want to get him something nice for his birthday. I was thinking of getting him one of these electric guitar starter packages like this one Squier Affinity Stratocaster Electric Guitar Pack w/ 10G Amplifier Brown Sunburst | Guitar Center

But I can't tell if he's interested at all! He's into video games, mainly on his Wii U (Mario, Super Smash Bros., etc) and Pokemon on his 3DS. He's also a big Star Wars fan blah blah..

I took him up to guitar center to look around, and he seemed uninspired by it all. He kept asking "are you ready to go dad?" lol I don't want to try to force an instrument on him, or get him something that'll just be something else in his closet that he never uses...

I don't know what to do! Ughh...

I'd buy it for him anyway. Can't know if he has any talent if he never tries.

Personally, I've always wanted to learn to play eletricguitar. But guess what, my dad would never let me. He insisted on going to learn some traditional Bosnian instruments, such as accordion and saz. I had no interest or whatsoever, so I never learnd to play any instrument.
I'm 18 now, and, well, it might be a bit too late, but I'm keen in learning it. So one day, whether it is in 5, 10, 20 years from now, I'll learn to play that god damn guitar.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Funny moments today...

He might think you are James Bond :p

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So it would appear that some people are complaining that they're being 'forced' to upgrade to W10. Seemingly out of the blue.

Though I find this hard to believe I wouldn't be surprised if it was happening. :p

I'm still on Win7, have no plans in upgrading for a while. But it is true that they're more than the pain in the *** about this upgrade. I'm getting at least 2 messages a day, telling me how Win10 is better, bla bla, and that I should upgrade. It's really annoying.

I've read some articles about people who hadn't had unlimited internet, and had already upgraded, and were forced to update their Windows 10 without them even knowing, which bumped their internet bill.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still amazed at how some people are at times. In situations when humility, grace, class and respect are necessary, you've always get this dumbass who rides in and manages to make the situation worse.

I vote to put that person in an oil drum and push it off a pier. Let the hot air from the blowhard keep him afloat...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wtf ._. Really strippolte. That doesn't make any sense.

That's a "crude middle white male the world revolves around me because I have enough mean where I can wear a suit and people have to listen to what I say" sort of demeaning misuse of current privilege that a fair amount of people like that (I've seen women do this too and are just as nasty about it) have been doing for eons.

It wasn't supposed to make "sense". Its sole intent was to be demeaning, especially to the young ladies that worked there. That's the point.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I've got a racist friend who hates black people. He hasn't seen one, ever. But he still hates them. Great.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We are usually looking for discounts deeper than that😀

You and I started the whole "Discount Double check" craze.

Seriously though, I'd never pick Best Buy as a top place to get an unlocked phone. Best deal I got in Best Buy was the Z3 and that was on sale via Best Buy Business. I'd use online retailers such as Expansysusa and B&H in the US for brand new phones. Love Expansysusa... they had the X 2015 32GB model for $360 ($10 in shipping). Of course there is a site in Hong Kong that has the G4 for $325 + $35 shipping brand new that I've used in the past with great success.

So these are the style deals, Driver, I'm used to...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've got a racist friend who hates black people. He hasn't seen one, ever. But he still hates them. Great.

Well, I have no racist friends, because if you're racist you aren't a friend of mine. Gotta draw the line somewhere, and I have a few lines like those.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Have a math test tomorrow. We're doing matrices. It's really not that hard for me, as a matter fact it's a piece of cake. I've got no issues with understanding how to solve these problems, but the thing where I make a mandatory mistake is freaking adding. I'll have to take it slowly. I have around 90 minutes to solve 5 problems, should be enough time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs