WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, I have no racist friends, because if you're racist you aren't a friend of mine. Gotta draw the line somewhere, and I have a few lines like those.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

He's not really a friend, but is more than a plain acquaintance. I mean, I don't like him that much, but the guys I go out with kinda do, so, I can't complain. He also has a weird sense of humor passing every possible line. It's way beyond black humor. He even pissed me off a few months ago for making a sick joke about my neighbour who killed himself.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For the record, i hate punks who play multiplayer on Asphalt 8 and like to down people down at the beginning of the race. Why don't you actually try to drive first and if we bump in the home stretch and someone gets wiped out, then so be it.

It is punk **** to me when people who cannot drive play for knockouts like that...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

He's not really a friend, but is more than a plain acquaintance. I mean, I don't like him that much, but the guys I go out with kinda do, so, I can't complain. He also has a weird sense of humor passing every possible line. It's way beyond black humor. He even pissed me off a few months ago for making a sick joke about my neighbour who killed himself.

Good for you to be able to stomach that. My lines are not tolerant of that at all...even if it means i have to give up someone who i like whose tolerant of that.

Yup. Like I said, everyone is different and everyone has their standards. I have my lines i stick to firmly on things like this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Have a math test tomorrow. We're doing matrices. It's really not that hard for me, as a matter fact it's a piece of cake. I've got no issues with understanding how to solve these problems, but the thing where I make a mandatory mistake is freaking adding. I'll have to take it slowly. I have around 90 minutes to solve 5 problems, should be enough time.

Good luck.

My favorite was high school account exams. The teacher gave us 2(!) problems. Of course you are to end up with a profit and loss statement and balance sheet at the end of each. But there were so much work in between (you had to balance books and open and close the right accounts and show all this first).

That was the only class I've ever been in and felt i needed more time to finish and it was a 3 HOUR exam!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Have a math test tomorrow. We're doing matrices. It's really not that hard for me, as a matter fact it's a piece of cake. I've got no issues with understanding how to solve these problems, but the thing where I make a mandatory mistake is freaking adding. I'll have to take it slowly. I have around 90 minutes to solve 5 problems, should be enough time.
WTF is that ?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Good luck.

My favorite was high school account exams. The teacher gave us 2(!) problems. Of course you are to end up with a profit and loss statement and balance sheet at the end of each. But there were so much work in between (you had to balance books and open and close the right accounts and show all this first).

That was the only class I've ever been in and felt i needed more time to finish and it was a 3 HOUR exam!

I'd probably suck in that, since i don't really like economics.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I saw them in Best Buy. Man are they awesome! Will look forward to a mini review ha

The Best Buy in town did not have them, neither did Staples nor Office Depot. I drove down last night to the MSFT store (same place where I checked out the SP4, Surface Book and Lumia 950XL when they were launched) and played with it. Liked it enough to order it.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Well... I decided not to wait for the Pascal cards to come out later this year... (who knows when) I bit the bullet and bought a video card for my gamer build. I had this money burning a hole in my pocket, and I figured I could get something decent now, and still upgrade to a next gen Pascal card later. I know the flagship cards will come out first (like the Titan line - $1000+) which I won't be able to afford anyway... Then later, probably late summer, or even fall/winter before the mid cards arrive.
So I decided to get the best bang for my buck right now. I got the EVGA GTX 970 4GB 256bit Super Superclocked ACX 2.0 card for $329 at Best Buy.

While I was there, I also picked up a Samsung V-NAND 850 EVO SSD 256GB for $95 which will be my first SSD in the desktop gaming machine. I'll be doing a clean Win10 install on this, then recommissioning my WD 10k rpm Velociraptor spinner to game installs and quick storage (along with my other large storage drives)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Every time i use my Maxx i curse Moto as to why they didn't put a better camera in this thing.

I always find it interesting where consumers don't care about the the right mix of things...they care about what they're told is the right mix of things to purchase....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well I managed to get the NAS to work. What a pain. The only way was to use the IP address and then enter the password. Thing is I'm still not confident...

I also uninstalled the stupid Synaptics software as it keeps resetting every time the computer restarts. Hopefully it doesn't install itself.

The annoying part is that if I had done a fresh install instead of an upgrade I probably wouldn't have these issues. Upgrades suck.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

My mom loves peanut brittle. I never cared for it, but I love roasted peanuts in the shell.

I loved going to Ground Round restaurant when I was a kid. They served buckets of shelled peanuts. Diners would toss the shells on the floor and eat the peanuts.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Um.. So now I have a new problem. Keep in mind that I've been building my own PCs since the DOS days, (pre plug and pray days, where we'd have to configure IRQ and DMA jumpers on our hardware to work) so this isn't my first rodeo... I installed the new video card last night, put everything back together, hit the power button and... Nothing. No post, beep, nadda damn thing! Grrrrr now I know my PSU "should" be enough to handle the new card (it's a thermaltake black widow 850W gaming PSU) but... It IS 4-5 years old. So either my PSU gave up... Or, I fried my motherboard. :crying: &#%K

I tried putting my old video card back in and same thing... Nothing. So something has definitely happened here. I guess the first thing would be to replace the PSU. Wish me luck!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Um.. So now I have a new problem. Keep in mind that I've been building my own PCs since the DOS days, (pre plug and pray days, where we'd have to configure IRQ and DMA jumpers on our hardware to work) so this isn't my first rodeo... I installed the new video card last night, put everything back together, hit the power button and... Nothing. No post, beep, nadda damn thing! Grrrrr now I know my PSU "should" be enough to handle the new card (it's a thermaltake black widow 850W gaming PSU) but... It IS 4-5 years old. So either my PSU gave up... Or, I fried my motherboard. :crying: &#%K

I tried putting my old video card back in and same thing... Nothing. So something has definitely happened here. I guess the first thing would be to replace the PSU. Wish me luck!

That's very odd. Normally if a PSU goes it makes a noise (typically a capacitor going). A 4-5 year old PSU shouldn't just go if it's of any decent quality.

Have you tried posting without a video card and see if anything happens?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

That's very odd. Normally if a PSU goes it makes a noise (typically a capacitor going). A 4-5 year old PSU shouldn't just go if it's of any decent quality.

Have you tried posting without a video card and see if anything happens?
Yes. I just pulled the PSU out of the system and tested it with the jumper trick; Fan comes on, so it seems like my problem is elsewhere. I tried re-seating the memory sticks one by one, re-seating all the cables etc etc.. Still nothing. Just the blue power light on the m/b (which doesn't tell me squat)
I guess I'm motherboard shopping now...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes. I just pulled the PSU out of the system and tested it with the jumper trick; Fan comes on, so it seems like my problem is elsewhere. I tried re-seating the memory sticks one by one, re-seating all the cables etc etc.. Still nothing. Just the blue power light on the m/b (which doesn't tell me squat)
I guess I'm motherboard shopping now...

Have you tried to do a reset on the motherboard BIOS? Some boards have a jumper that allow you to clear the BIOS. This may help. Other than that it would seem your board is gone. Though still a bit odd... unless the new video card was too powerful for the MB but that doesn't seem right.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My mom loves peanut brittle. I never cared for it, but I love roasted peanuts in the shell.

I loved going to Ground Round restaurant when I was a kid. They served buckets of shelled peanuts. Diners would toss the shells on the floor and eat the peanuts.
We (everyone in the family) love roasted peanuts with or without the shell. We have a local grocery store (read as not a mega chain one) that has a bunch of different types of peanuts.

BTW, you can get roasted peanuts at Five Guys and toss the shells on the floor.

A real nice treat is to get young peanuts in shell and then boil them in salted water and then eat them, simply delicious!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99