WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Have you tried to do a reset on the motherboard BIOS? Some boards have a jumper that allow you to clear the BIOS. This may help. Other than that it would seem your board is gone. Though still a bit odd... unless the new video card was too powerful for the MB but that doesn't seem right.
Tried that too. This m/b has a button to reset.. Still nothing.

I've been looking for a reason to upgrade this setup anyway.. I guess I've found it! lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

Hey Laura, so I started the childhood memories thread. Let's see where it goes...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Interesting. Have you checked tigerdirect to see if they've got a comparable bundle at a better rate?

No, but I guess I should. This current system actually came from CompUSA which is now TigerDirect. Going to look at their site now. Thx for the reminder!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oooooohhhh hold that train!

I just had a thought.. I remembered I had a spare small 360w micro atx PSU in one of my boxes. Not enough power to run with this new video card, BUT.... But it is enough to test my m/b for post and I just did just that... It posted! Beep! So all I need is a new PSU... I'm like 99.9999976484% sure now.

So even though the jumper trick did make the PSU's fan come on, I just doesn't have the power to run the PC.

Going down to Best Buy again to buy a PSU.... Be right back!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Well, got the new PSU in and it boots now... But now it's not seeing my SATA drives at all wtf.... I've gotta go to work now, but anyone have any ideas???

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So a girl i kinda like started going to the same gym i go today. Now i like her even more, lol.
Don't know if i'm gonna make any moves, i'm not the type of person who's into relationships.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I really really hope that bad PSU didn't fry all my drives... I just may have lost everything :(

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

How do you guys call it when someone misses certain class on purpose? Anyway, that's what i did. Had a physics test, had no intention attending it so i went to have a couple of rounds of pool with my friend.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

How do you guys call it when someone misses certain class on purpose? Anyway, that's what i did. Had a physics test, had no intention attending it so i went to have a couple of rounds of pool with my friend.

We'd call it playing hooky, "skulling a class" (old-school Jamaican term), skipping a class...really, no set terms for it. Stuff I mentioned is more for high school and lower...doing that at the college level is your business, really...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I really really hope that bad PSU didn't fry all my drives... I just may have lost everything :(

Everytime some kind of malfunction occurs with my PC, it's always bad, very bad. I had situation where my graphic card got fried, and another one when my MB got fried too. I guess the temperatures were way to high, since both of these happened last summer while i was playing online games at least 8 hours a day. You gotta do something when you fast, don't judge me, lol.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
We'd call it playing hooky, "skulling a class" (old-school Jamaican term), skipping a class...really, no set terms for it. Stuff I mentioned is more for high school and lower...doing that at the college level is your business, really...

Skipping a class i'm familiar with, the other two, especially that Jamaican one - not so much. Altough it does sound pretty cool.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've updated my 640 to the newest build few hours ago. Immidiatelly went to check if glance is finally working, and guess what, it isn't. But for the first time i got some kind of error message telling me that there may be an update available for glance. There isn't one.

I give up. It'll never work again.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Skipping a class i'm familiar with, the other two, especially that Jamaican one - not so much. Altough it does sound pretty cool.

Yeah, each language has a cool way of saying some of the most ordinary stuff, so it's all good...

I that once in high school...skipped out on a half day of school (morning session totalling 4 classes) to go play cricket on the school grounds. I thought people would have ratted me out in class because i was one of the smart kids, but i guess folks were so stunned they didn't.

It was cool to do, but I'd never try that again. Glad it happened in the pre social media era as I'd have been in big trouble if that happened now...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

We had one of our school board members (i think she was from the school board) today on our English class as part of some kind of revision, i don't know. I was bored for the whole 45 minutes since the teacher wanted to give a chance to everyone to say something or do certain assignment. Helped a friend who was sitting by me to get an A since she's not that good in English. Anyway, had zero chance to show my knowledge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss