WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That is a good analogy...

As bad as the issues with the Zenfone 2 are, i just didn't get the G2 mini fascination.

Speaking of Asus, it is criminal the Zenfone 2 line is still running on 5.0. That's my thing...keep the lineup smaller, so it is easier to split the R&D on the newer phone upgrades and keep the software on current models current.

For the most part i liked the Zenfone 2, but that's a modder's device, not a true daily driver.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was waiting with bated breath.... When is MIA going to start reminiscing about his Sony device😀

Don't worry, I think the G4 will hold you over!

I still have a Sony device, so I'm not going crazy over here. Z3 had a special charm to it that was curtailed by an underwhelming camera. Still a fun device to use it was...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Let's hope not...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Well, I'm pretty sure at this point, I lost everything on two hard drives, one, a 150GB Velociraptor 10k rpm drive, and the other a 1TB storage drive that I had slammed full of stuff (music, movies, games, midi instruments, you name it.

The two hard drives and the DVD burner are all three now non-functional. :( I've tried everything. Checked all the SATA cables and power cables (swapped out for different ones) checked bios settings etc... Nothing. These drives are dead in the water.

I guess when the PSU went out, it surged and took the hard drives with it....

I wonder if I could use some kind of data recovery service... Probably expensive as hell eh?

The good news though, is my motherboard, cpu, memory, new video card, new PSU, and new SSD are all working and up and running... I'm currently creating a win10 install thumb drive with my laptop to install on the SSD. Now I just need to run out (again) and buy a new storage drive and a dvd rom/burner...

Computers... Ain't they fun?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

He's hung onto that longer than that anyone has expected. I should inquire if my friend who we got a Zenfone 2 - the same knucklehead who wanted a G2 mini - still has my old 810...

just something about that phone. I use my 830 as a daily driver but here and there I pull my 810 out and use it. I still like the screen and the battery life !

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

just something about that phone. I use my 830 as a daily driver but here and there I pull my 810 out and use it. I still like the screen and the battery life !

I am still holding on to my 810! I've been lurking around and checking the WC archives for anyone using W10 on 810. I'm itching to see if it's safe to use the insider builds now for 810, using it as daily driver

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well, I'm pretty sure at this point, I lost everything on two hard drives, one, a 150GB Velociraptor 10k rpm drive, and the other a 1TB storage drive that I had slammed full of stuff (music, movies, games, midi instruments, you name it.

The two hard drives and the DVD burner are all three now non-functional. :( I've tried everything. Checked all the SATA cables and power cables (swapped out for different ones) checked bios settings etc... Nothing. These drives are dead in the water.

I wonder if I could use some kind of data recovery service... Probably expensive as hell eh?

The good news though, is my motherboard, cpu, memory, new video card, new PSU, and new SSD are all working and up and running... I'm currently creating a win10 install thumb drive with my laptop to install on the SSD. Now I just need to run out (again) and buy a new storage drive and a dvd rom/burner...

ah man that sucks :/ I feel you pain. it happened to me .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I am still holding on to my 810! I've been lurking around and checking the WC archives for anyone using W10 on 810. I'm itching to see if it's safe to use the insider builds now for 810, using it as daily driver
to be honest everything works..... minus glance and somethings the camera crashes with the most recent build.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I feel ya man! Lost 16 years worth of data when my 250GB external HD stopped working.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

On the bright side, wow! This SSD is fast! I'm already up and running the latest Win10 fully activated.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I DO need to sleep though.. So I'll have to do some game installing tomorrow, and test out this GTX 970...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Ouch! That really sucks.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I love the Sony MDR 7506 headphones and the FiiO Q1! The sound is absolutely amazing. I spent most of the evening listening to .FLAC files in VLC, and I heard my music in a way I never had before. Cymbals are a thing! The crash and ride never sounded so clear.

The FiiO is so easy to set up too. It was just plug and play. There was no need to look for drivers on their website. It also worked flawlessly with both my Nexus 7 2013 tablet and my Moto X Pure Edition using VLC. I'm not using the bass boost on the FiiO with the Sony's, since I prefer a flat sound; I trust the engineers to have mastered the recordings properly in professional studios, and how it sounded on the CD is how it was supposed to sound. I have a lot of .FLAC files, since I use Exact Audio Copy to rip my CDs.

The Sony's are so lightweight and comfy too. The padding on the top is awesome. The headphones do not hurt my head at all, and the padding on the ear pieces are comfy as well. They do not make my ears sore listening while wearing earrings or glasses.

I'm so happy I got both of these items! I am literally blown away by the quality of the sound, since I'm hearing music in a way I never have previously.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Here's mine...
7c36abf8a5429a805c2ac85045fef322.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro