WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

And in other non-gaming/PC news... The Joe Satriani concert is tomorrow night! Woot! Can't wait!!!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Been playing with this new DOOM alpha build on the PC.. yup, it looks amazing! Can't wait for the full game to come out in May...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I should go old school Sahib and flood the thread...but I won't.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This update thing has always been fascinating to me. While it is often helpful to have the latest and greatest, sometimes if something isn't broke then grabbing a shiny new update may not always help. It is software after all, so sometimes newer is buggier.

Having said that, when done well updates can make a good product better - for my GF, 6.0.1 has made her fingerprint scanner infinitely more accurate and useful for her. And for me, 6.0.1 should really help me getting even better mileage out of the Maxx's battery.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Color me jaded, but I see the latest update to Windows 10 no different than the jump from 7.8 to 8.0.

You kinda new this was coming - too many handsets on the market to support so some folks would get left by the wayside. I'm currently running the .164 build on my M8 and I'm fine with it. Becuase the M8 is a carrier phone, I wouldn't be surprised if it got no more updates based on how the insider program was changed.

It's why I prefer the smaller OEM lineup...less phones to support means better support for older phones and cleaner successions to newer models. But these guys are in it to make money so more models means more potential revenue streams. Well, I guess these CEOs know better.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I picked up some powerline adapters. The Wi-Fi signal upstairs is pretty crap. Damn old building...

Hopefully these help.

uploadfromtaptalk1458312868959.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad the weekend is here. Looking forward to finishing up the rest period. Not the most excited about work Monday, but perhaps things have run their course and i need to return back to the ax grinder...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like the M8 got kicked to the curb. Kinda not surprised as it was the ultimate US carrier phone in many ways.

Still, I've got i guess the last update in the branch at .164 and will likely leave it there unless something changes. Once i get the MMS to work, I'll still test drive it out.

I would be outraged and despondent, but having gone through this so many times before, I'm not surprised. It kinda doesn't bother me as much anymore. It's not like things are better on Android as potentially my Maxx may get left behind, and on a version with a known nasty battery bug no less.

If you don't buy a popular phone, you're rolling the dice. Pity not enough consumers won't boycott to make OEMs change, so we are stuck with the current model as is for now...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Looks like the M8 got kicked to the curb. Kinda not surprised as it was the ultimate US carrier phone in many ways.

Still, I've got i guess the last update in the branch at .164 and will likely leave it there unless something changes. Once i get the MMS to work, I'll still test drive it out.

I would be outraged and despondent, but having gone through this so many times before, I'm not surprised. It kinda doesn't bother me as much anymore. It's not like things are better on Android as potentially my Maxx may get left behind, and on a version with a known nasty battery bug no less.

If you don't buy a popular phone, you're rolling the dice. Pity not enough consumers won't boycott to make OEMs change, so we are stuck with the current model as is for now...

I am glad I did not buy it....almost pulled the trigger on one yesterday.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am glad I did not buy it....almost pulled the trigger on one yesterday.

Well, IF you care about updates, then sure - you did the right thing by not buying one.

I still like the device and will keep mine. Truth is, all the devices will be left behind at some point. I'm at a point where i just prefer to pick what i like and just use it for as long as it works for me. When the time comes, i sell it or put it away.

I could ***** about no compromises, but from the moment you buy a piece of tech, you've compromised as the clock is ticking on the shelf life of its usefulness.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

And in other non-gaming/PC news... The Joe Satriani concert is tomorrow night! Woot! Can't wait!!!

This is gonna be a silly question, but, are you going? I can only imagine how great it is going to be. We had Guns N' Roses few years ago at our Exit Festival, but I was way too young back then to go and see them. Also i think Motorhead was there last year, not sure. I hope that there'll be more great performers at that festival this year, who knows, maybe I'll go there. After all, it is right in my neighbourhood, in Serbia.

Anyway, have a great time Ed!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Color me jaded, but I see the latest update to Windows 10 no different than the jump from 7.8 to 8.0.

You kinda new this was coming - too many handsets on the market to support so some folks would get left by the wayside. I'm currently running the .164 build on my M8 and I'm fine with it. Becuase the M8 is a carrier phone, I wouldn't be surprised if it got no more updates based on how the insider program was changed.

It's why I prefer the smaller OEM lineup...less phones to support means better support for older phones and cleaner successions to newer models. But these guys are in it to make money so more models means more potential revenue streams. Well, I guess these CEOs know better.

Well, as far as I've understood, that 'official' update is actually build .164, so there's no need for you to update. You can check that by downloading Ugrade Advisor app, check for updates and it'll tell that there's no update available for you, at least it should, it's just a theory though. This was case with my 640.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I had no idea you could live stream on Facebook.

uMd2KE8.png

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Didn't go my Bosnian class again. Missed that Kafka's 'The Trial'. That's second Friday in a row I'm missing. It was justifed this time though. Workers from local factory were protesting (they weren't payed for the last 6 months or so, and the wages they got were bare minimum of minimum, also their internship wasn't payed too, neither was their ensurance) and they've literally locked the town. They barricaded every single entrance to the town. So my bus wasn't able to pass those barricades and I had to go on foot about 2-3 kilometres. My class started in 8 a.m., I was near my school at about 8:15-8:20, but, since I have a justified reason to miss a class, that's what I did. Went to pub, had a morning coffe, and wen't to Latin, third class.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, as far as I've understood, that 'official' update is actually build .164, so there's no need for you to update. You can check that by downloading Ugrade Advisor app, check for updates and it'll tell that there's no update available for you, at least it should, it's just a theory though. This was case with my 640.

That's not the point. I know that .164 is the "official update". The point is more about MSFT and HTC. Another carrier branded phone got left behind.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

That's not the point. I know that .164 is the "official update". The point is more about MSFT and HTC. Another carrier branded phone got left behind.

Oh, I didn't get it the first time. Well, they can't update every phone. And you didn't really believe that they're actually going to even try to support more phones? They were to lazy to finish this WM10 in time, they're late like 6 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss