WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have an atheist friend, and he's notthe most polite person i know. He openly mocks islam and other religions.
Sahib was right, religion is just an excuse, it's all up to what kind of person you are.
I'll put it this way.

Why is your friend's opinion about religion and his mocking of it bad? Why doesn't religion, all regions, deserve ridicule?

What makes religion so special? That it shouldn't be subjected to questioning and pointing out it's absurdities?

You know why? Because we protect it, even those of us who don't believe. To do any of those things I've suggested seems wrong and tends to offend. Our societies go out of their way to protect religion and have brainwashed all of us into believing it's wrong to think badly of it.

I personally, can't respect any of it.

It is a virus of the mind.

"Good people do good things, bad people do bad things, for good people to do bad things that takes religion."

Stephen Weinberg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That I didn't know :) I was trying to imply that I don't see people who follow their beliefs killing people in the name of some deity.
Also I don't buy the whole idea of karma. Not knocking people who believe in that.
The question is why wouldn't you? If you honestly believed you were right and they were wrong in your eyes?

That's what righteousness is.

Also most holy books tell you to do just that...

Just because we live in a society that has somewhat outgrown this type of thinking doesn't mean religion isn't a bad thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You mean knock off launchers? I'm better off sticking with crap droid usual look. Home screen launchers for Windows 10 are horrible on Android.

I dislike launchers anyway. They take up space and ram

Totally understand your point about launchers.

If you are interested there is this - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.real.launcher.wp.ten&hl=en

It's actually not that bad. It's not W10 but it's decent.

Personally I have no issues with Android's interface but then I'm a 'utility' type person. I can care less about live tiles or what things look like. I just want the ability to do what I want. That's more important to me than looks. That's why Android suits me currently.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Another day at the funny farm. Looking to tweak my workshop sessions again today. It's not every day you get to do a workshop in a moving boathouse, so I should be looking forward to doing this in the boondocks of Manhattan tomorrow...(yes Upper Manhattan has the boonies)

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know everyone has their opinion but i just find it hard to read whenever people use something and keep bashing it all the time.

Complaining is one of the most annoying human habits ever, to me. Fix what you can fix and work around what you cannot change. I'm fine with venting but ******** about something at every opportunity is in fact complaining. It's annoying to read and annoying to hear. I have colleagues at work who complain about every little thing and i swear, I'd rather go in a dark room and actively watch paint dry by candlelight.

(Drops mic)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know everyone has their opinion but i just find it hard to read whenever people use something and keep bashing it all the time.

Complaining is one of the most annoying human habits ever, to me. Fix what you can fix and work around what you cannot change. I'm fine with venting but ******** about something at every opportunity is in fact complaining. It's annoying to read and annoying to hear. I have colleagues at work who complain about every little thing and i swear, I'd rather go in a dark room and actively watch paint dry by candlelight.

(Drops mic)

The paint on my walls take 2 hours to dry. Just enough time for a good meditation session.... :D

Agree about the continuous bashing...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My Pi day purchase arrived yesterday. Whoa, this is a nice device, except the location of the camera which I knew about prior to the purchase, no complaints. This is a slick laptop. Very happy with the purchase.

Attachments

• WP_20160322_21_45_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160322_21_45_35_Pro.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 8

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm looking forward to playing with the G5 in stores. As much as i like the feel of the G4, if i were buying today and had the cash, i may have gone for the G5 in silver and paired it with my Moto 360, which is now with the titanium-silver look.

I still question the modules - not that they're a bad idea but has a Gen one setup in skeptical - and frankly i don't think it'll sell...the G4 sold OK last year as good as it was. Still, the G5 is interesting enough to me where perhaps if i was in a different place I'd take a flyer on it.

Maybe i have a thing for metal but I'd also try a M9 as a backup to the G5 under that scenario. I won't do that now because i have a Windows M8 that fills my HTC + Windows itch and my Maxx isn't going anywhere.

Still, i think the M9 was good enough - not as bad as they made it out to be.

I'm looking forward for the HTC W10. It looks like it's going to be a good looking device

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm looking forward for the HTC W10. It looks like it's going to be a good looking device

Don't think HTC will make a Windows version of the "M10". Still plan to play with it in stores anyways.

Interesting how i can now get a brand new G4 for $350 included shipping. Oh, the temptation...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I low-key miss when windows central forums were actually centrally about Windows. Still visit but such an annoyance when I constantly see Android, iOS and google things lol. I need me another windows centric forum to fill the void ☺

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I low-key miss when windows central forums were actually centrally about Windows. Still visit but such an annoyance when I constantly see Android, iOS and google things lol. I need me another windows centric forum to fill the void ☺

Would you stop ******** already? You're becoming a bit annoying.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I took it off to do some cleaning the other day, and now I've been trying to decide if I like it with or without the pick gaurd. What do you guys think?

My 2003 ('59 reissue) Gibson Les Paul Custom Wine Red

With...
image.jpeg

Or without...?
image.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb