WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ah, the fickleness of youth....

Ugh! In that case I hope you find a better job.
Thanks Laura :p

Please don't make generalizations. It is not because of fickleness more like one of the managers I work with as an absolute ahole(can we say that here?)

The store manager told me the next two weeks were devoted to me learning a new skill at work(As I am hoping to become a manager at some point this year) but the manager I work with literally pulled me off the area I was learning because his girlfriend hated the task(the one I originally was hired for) so he stuck me there. So now when my evaluation comes up, I likely will fail because I have yet to be trained fully.

This has happened several times and I spoke to the Store manager about it the first time 2 months ago....and nothing has been done.
Keep in mind, I came in early (as requested) and I needed to be approved for the clock-in for some reason. I discovered at the end of my shift, I literally had been working free. I had told him that I need his approval and he said he'd be there in a second. I understand things happen but when I bring it to your attention that I need you to fix my time, don't come over and shrug your shoulders and offer no apology.

It has nothing to do with fickleness and everything to do with the fact that when you have the rare employee at the store who is trying to learn everything they can to be a better asset, you don't have an attitude and treat them like crap because that doesn't motive that them to want to work. It motivates them to want to slack off.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Laura :p

Please don't make generalizations. It is not because of fickleness more like one of the managers I work with as an absolute ahole(can we say that here?)

The store manager told me the next two weeks were devoted to me learning a new skill at work(As I am hoping to become a manager at some point this year) but the manager I work with literally pulled me off the area I was learning because his girlfriend hated the task(the one I originally was hired for) so he stuck me there. So now when my evaluation comes up, I likely will fail because I have yet to be trained fully.

This has happened several times and I spoke to the Store manager about it the first time 2 months ago....and nothing has been done.
Keep in mind, I came in early (as requested) and I needed to be approved for the clock-in for some reason. I discovered at the end of my shift, I literally had been working free. I had told him that I need his approval and he said he'd be there in a second. I understand things happen but when I bring it to your attention that I need you to fix my time, don't come over and shrug your shoulders and offer no apology.

It has nothing to do with fickleness and everything to do with the fact that when you have the rare employee at the store who is trying to learn everything they can to be a better asset, you don't have an attitude and treat them like crap because that doesn't motive that them to want to work. It motivates them to want to slack off.

I was just being a bit silly.

Sorry to hear you have an *** for a boss. I've had a few of those over time and I can relate to how you feel.

I've had to deal with the whole business where others are privileged as well.

I've been working since I was 15 and I'm in my 40s now and I've worked in many places, several countries and so on.

In general, work sucks. Working for someone else sucks. Working for a big corporations sucks.

I'm unfortunately a full time employee currently and I have to say I hate it. I'd do almost anything to go back to contracting but currently my industry is pretty crap so not much movement to be had.

I am also trying to get out of this rat race as well but that will take time.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Laura

That is a bummer! I'm glad my boss and I get along really well. He has been my boss for 10 years almost now at two different companies. I have a few direct reports and I think what your manager did (is doing) is very abhorrent behaviour. I guess there is no 360 feedback mechanism at your workplace to keep things in check. Also where I work we are forced to teach all employees new skills, regardless of how many years of experience one has. We are consistently rated one of the best places to work in our industry and rightfully so. I wanted to share my story because not all apples are rotten. I hope that you find a better manager and/or a job that meets your aspirational goals.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I was just being a bit silly.

Sorry to hear you have an *** for a boss. I've had a few of those over time and I can relate to how you feel.

I've had to deal with the whole business where others are privileged as well.

I've been working since I was 15 and I'm in my 40s now and I've worked in many places, several countries and so on.

In general, work sucks. Working for someone else sucks. Working for a big corporations sucks.

I'm unfortunately a full time employee currently and I have to say I hate it. I'd do almost anything to go back to contracting but currently my industry is pretty crap so not much movement to be had.

I am also trying to get out of this rat race as well but that will take time.
I was lucky enough to not have worked when I was a teenager, nevertheless I completely understand your sentiment.

I am happy with my boss and my job and my company. However, I do think it would be awesome to be my own boss. I understand that it probably entails more work than now but the thrill of the concept is quite enticing.

Let's see what lies ahead in 2017!

I hope things get better for you with your work situation.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You know, it's been a minute since Sahib has gone on one of those hijack the thread posting spurts...

Speaking of hijacking the thread, Sahib...have you heard from Nadi recently? If you have, tell her I said hi. I'd ask her about married life but Rue and 99 is around to talk to about that...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Lol I think the last time I talked to her was a year ago before she got married. I haven't heard from her since. As for me hijacking the thread I gotten lazy :p

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm just happy being the boss! ;)

No really, all jokes aside, I was at my last job for 28 years and was quite comfortable as the GM with nobody over me but the owner of the company. I believe one of the keys to being a successful manager (or "boss") is to not only run the business efficiently and profitably, but to treat your employees with respect.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Just scored ANOTHER free game for registering my new GTX 970 at EVGA.com..... Bombshell for the PC!!

That's $120 worth of free AAA titles that I've received in the last two days!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm sick as hell. Went to the school today just so i can get a good grade at German. I don't think i'll go tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99