WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My friend is having a birthday party in a local pub for his 18th. There's going to be a great gig, an old Ex Yu band is playing, I already bought the tickets but I'm just too sick. We'll see what happens, I'd like to go, but if I don't get at least a bit better the it's not gonna happen.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. It's a decent looking day in this corner of the US of A. Gonna do some chores in my apartment before i head back into the city and start my two week long test drive.

I've decided to go caseless with this thing. I haven't done that with a phone in years. I did throw on a tempered glass screen protector, but that's all. I've got a black leather back and it does make the phone more interesting to the touch and looks wise. I may have to poke around 6.0.1 a little bit as I feel ill probably be getting average battery life with this thing. Feels very light in comparison to the Maxx. I miss the Moto display already but this has a peek mode which is decent enough. Love the Knock code.

More to come later...

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

My iPhone 6 got 9.3, My Honor 6 LCD is ****ed, my Lumia 636 got two updates today. That sums up my mobile week.
I've got iOS 9.3 on both my iPhone 6S Plus and my iPad Air 2... Good stuff!

Also downloading the newest build of W10M on my trusty 1520 today.

My (also trusty) desktop gamer is screaming fast with all the new hardware goodies! (The new GTX 970 4GB SuperSuperclocked video card and the 250GB Sammy SSD. I also got some more RAM (8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz).) Gave this 5year old gaming build a new lease on life!!

Oh! Also got the brand new Corsair CX850M 850w PSU in there!

(I'm gonna make a "Rig spec post" in the custom PC builds forum section...

Anyway, There's a bunch of thunder storms coming through here today (btw I'm off today and tomorrow AND Monday!!!) so the PC is shutdown and unplugged!

Guess I might put these new strings on the Les Paul

image.jpeg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I bought a mini smartphone tripod from Walgreens last night. It was on sale for $6 lol

Cool thing about it, is the phone attachment part also fits my full size tripod. Both my iPhone 6S Plus AND my 1520 fit with no problem...

Now I can start making more guitar videos!

image.jpeg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I've got iOS 9.3 on both my iPhone 6S Plus and my iPad Air 2... Good stuff!

Also downloading the newest build of W10M on my trusty 1520 today.

My (also trusty) desktop gamer is screaming fast with all the new hardware goodies! (The new GTX 970 4GB SuperSuperclocked video card and the 250GB Sammy SSD. I also got some more RAM (8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz).) Gave this 5year old gaming build a new lease on life!!

Oh! Also got the brand new Corsair CX850M 850w PSU in there!

(I'm gonna make a "Rig spec post" in the custom PC builds forum section...

Anyway, There's a bunch of thunder storms coming through here today (btw I'm off today and tomorrow AND Monday!!!) so the PC is shutdown and unplugged!

Guess I might put these new strings on the Les Paul

View attachment 124317

You won't regret that latest build. It fixed two or three very annoying things. For the first build of Redstone, that's more than OK.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

My completely air cooled, custom built, Mid-high end gaming PC. (Original build 2010)

*New specs as of March 16, 2016*

Case - CoolerMaster HAF 932 advanced w/3 gigantic 230mm fans (one of which lights up red LED!) and one 120mm fan. This beast is probably the last full size ATX tower case I'll ever need.

Motherboard - EVGA X58 SLI LE (Intel ICH10R) LGA1366 (easily one of the best boards I've ever owned!)

Processor - Original Intel Core i7 920 Quad Core (Bloomfield) stock @2.67Ghz (had it overclocked @3.6Ghz at one point, but I'm using stock cooling, and it's a 5year old CPU now, so I'm running it at stock speeds and it still performs amazingly!!

Memory - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @1600Mhz (upgraded from 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 which would only run stable @1066Mhz)

GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX2.0 (SSC = Super SuperClocked +140Mhz (1190Mhz GPU Clock, 1753Mhz Mem. Clock)

SSD - 250GB Samsung V-NAND SSD 850 EVO

HDD Storage - 3TB Western Digital Blue spinner

PSU - Corsair CX850M 850w modular

OS - Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1511 (build 10586.164)

image.jpeg

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Good day to be up and about. Still a little on the cooler side, but no clouds overhead currently.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not a fan as much of the 808 chip. I think it's OK, but it's probably the Adreno GPU that makes the phone a little more sluggish than it should be. Still, it has moments where this thing absolutely flies...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

People never cease to amaze me about how they just don't use common sense.

It would appear than in 2016, "common sense is (still) a luxury that some cannot afford" is very relevant...SMH...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Screen is pretty sharp, even though I'm used a muted background from Arrow. I got Nova finally set up to how I want so that's going to be the driver. Of course, I snuck on a beta version of Sony's Music app and a concept version of the Xperia launcher too. No complaints so far...just want to see how the battery cycles shake out...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looking forward to testing the camera out. I took one test snap last night and was pleased.

The only thing left to do is to completely transfer my music onto the SD card. I dropped a 128GB in there I bought on sale...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looking forward to testing the camera out. I took one test snap last night and was pleased.

The only thing left to do is to completely transfer my music onto the SD card. I dropped a 128GB in there I bought on sale...

G4 Approved

Audio seems OK. Maybe not as good as what I heard on my Z3 but as nice as Moto. Maybe I need a V10 to get all that audio love...

G4 Approved

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

G4 Approved
I'd like to hear more about the camera.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh and Tom Clancy's The Division is having problems on their server end. Game won't even start today because of a user profile / cloud saving issue they're having. It's definitely not my machine. Confirmed the problem with a bunch of other people with the same issue on Ubisoft's forums... They need to fix their game now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs